Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Man Utd home

7 minutes ago, shailen said:

We made a mistake playing two defensive midfielders against them earlier in the season when we were in form and they were out of it but I'd go with that formation with both N'didi and Choudhury both starting. We will need energy all over the pitch and these two will give us that.

That didn't work in the away game as it involved moving Maddison to the left wing, where he is useless. I think Hamza and Ndidi can work this time, if we go with all out pace up top ie Vardy, Barnes and Gray. Yes, I'd go for Gray in this one, rather than Perez. Tell him to keep running at Williams and Maguire. Then stick Youri in just behind to slip in the through passes.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

That didn't work in the away game as it involved moving Maddison to the left wing, where he is useless. I think Hamza and Ndidi can work this time, if we go with all out pace up top ie Vardy, Barnes and Gray. Yes, I'd go for Gray in this one, rather than Perez. Tell him to keep running at Williams and Maguire. Then stick Youri in just behind to slip in the through passes.

I'd agree with this in that it also protects our defence a bit more and allows us to get behind their defence which is fragile at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I wonder if wilf is a little off it due to his new baby ....... many of us have been there ......  it isn’t easy, especially your first .........

Perhaps same as Youri? 

I think Wilf has been brilliant, expecially playing nearly every minute so far. 

• Like 1

Watching it at home tomorrow with three tvs set up and three sky boxes; got 4 wolves fans (I know, how in gods name do i know 4 wolves fans), 2 Leicester, 2 United and 2 Chelsea fans coming over.

Our match and the wolves match on the TV as well as SSN to keep an eye on the relegation picture. Plenty of beer... and then try to enjoy it for what it is, knowing we as fans can't affect it.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Perhaps same as Youri? 

I think Wilf has been brilliant, expecially playing nearly every minute so far. 

wilf has been wilf ........but he’s been better (as they all were earlier in the season). concentration levels a little off imo at times and when you only have one CDM then them losing their concentration and positional discipline is going to hurt......

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Watching it at home tomorrow with three tvs set up and three sky boxes; got 4 wolves fans (I know, how in gods name do i know 4 wolves fans), 2 Leicester, 2 United and 2 Chelsea fans coming over.

Our match and the wolves match on the TV as well as SSN to keep an eye on the relegation picture. Plenty of beer... and then try to enjoy it for what it is, knowing we as fans can't affect it.

Hope you're not Leicester based. :doh:

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Hope you're not Leicester based. :doh:

Haha; no mate. Maidstone. Which is why its so bizarre I have 4 Wolves fans coming..

I play at a bowls club down here with 120 adult members. 6 of them are Wolves fans it turns out. I have no idea how.

In happier times, we all go together to watch Maidstone United so it'll be good to be back together watching some football

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Cracking set up, no way could I handle that, should do a vlog for it😂

Just now, copunk said:

Cracking set up, no way could I handle that, should do a vlog for it😂

I'm quietly dreading it, but all are good mates of mine and I just hope to try to wring some enjoyment out of it.

I've actually come to terms with all eventualities regardless and I think the most likely is Chelsea and United make the CL, but we and Wolves have had great seasons (so there will be some solace there).

I'll be able to toast the success of the teams and celebrate with the winning fans at the end regardless. I know that sounds magnanimous etc now, but its a bit like 15/16 in that the most palpable feeling might just be relief when its done and who knows, I might end up feeling bitter about it all and just throwing them out!

3 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I'm quietly dreading it, but all are good mates of mine and I just hope to try to wring some enjoyment out of it.

I've actually come to terms with all eventualities regardless and I think the most likely is Chelsea and United make the CL, but we and Wolves have had great seasons (so there will be some solace there).

I'll be able to toast the success of the teams and celebrate with the winning fans at the end regardless. I know that sounds magnanimous etc now, but its a bit like 15/16 in that the most palpable feeling might just be relief when its done and who knows, I might end up feeling bitter about it all and just throwing them out!

Same here mate, disappointed with our form of late but still in with a massive chance, crazy to think that if you would have said 10 years ago "oh your gonna be 5th in the premier league going into the last day of the 19/20 season with a chance to finish in the top 4, oh and you become premier league champions in 15/16"  no fan of ours would believe it, personally think a season in europa, bring in a few quality additions, have another go at the top 6 and maybe another cup run, would be another great season next year.

Enjoy tomorrow whatever happens, at the end of the day its just football (or so my mrs tells me😂) either way I will be raising a glass to another season of european football, whichever competition that ends up being

🦊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shailen said:

We made a mistake playing two defensive midfielders against them earlier in the season when we were in form and they were out of it but I'd go with that formation with both N'didi and Choudhury both starting. We will need energy all over the pitch and these two will give us that. 

That was when we had Soyuncu, Chilwell, Ricardo and maddison in the side, it's entirely different now, we push up as a team and they'll counter and score for sure. I'm just hoping Chelsea get whooped because I don't think we can win this game 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is anyone seriously looking forward to this ?    I’d love to be able to click my fingers and find myself getting up on Monday morning - the 48 hours of my life lost compensated for many hundred fold by me missing the stress of tomorrow ! 

I'm looking forward to it as an event, because I've managed to hopefully make it more about a barbecue and lots of beer and a day of football... but I know during the actual matches I'll be terrible.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

I wish all directly involved at the club courage to get the job done and I wish all supporters serenity!

7 minutes ago, copunk said:

Same here mate, disappointed with our form of late but still in with a massive chance, crazy to think that if you would have said 10 years ago "oh your gonna be 5th in the premier league going into the last day of the 19/20 season with a chance to finish in the top 4, oh and you become premier league champions in 15/16"  no fan of ours would believe it, personally think a season in europa, bring in a few quality additions, have another go at the top 6 and maybe another cup run, would be another great season next year.

Enjoy tomorrow whatever happens, at the end of the day its just football (or so my mrs tells me😂) either way I will be raising a glass to another season of european football, whichever competition that ends up being

🦊

Spot on. Enjoy it mate. Cheers!

• Like 1

I don’t know why, but I’m hopeful.

Yeah we’re going into it with near on our reserves’ defence against one of the best attacks. Yes they’re the type of team we struggle against and we’ve been terrible for months even when not missing six or seven players.

But we’re there and in it. This is everything for us whereas they’ve still got the Europa (which they’re favourites for). 

I had been dreading it, but looking forward to it now and the potential of upsetting all those glory hunting melts.

(Maybe it’s because I haven’t seen us play for nearly a week and have more faith in Wolves. :ph34r:)

26 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

That was when we had Soyuncu, Chilwell, Ricardo and maddison in the side, it's entirely different now, we push up as a team and they'll counter and score for sure. I'm just hoping Chelsea get whooped because I don't think we can win this game 

I agree that's why I think playing 2 DMs is needed so we can stop Bruno in those spaces in the hole and try and limit their creative players and use pace to get at their defence. We also need 2 DMs to protect our defence as its vulnerable with having to play 3/4 backup players. 

33 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Would be sooooooo frustrating if that happens and we concede a late winner ...........

3 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Dodgy United penalty, like the play off heartbreaks?

Or last minute shinned winner, ala Claridge, a very tired Tielemans hitting this one?

I fancy we will be 3-0 up at half time following a Man U collapse. 

Brendan to sure things up, concede 2 and a third in the 95th minute and Wolves to score in 96th beating Chelsea coming back from 2-0 down.

Its Leicester - nothing is easy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I want the media to keep writing us off, more fat plebs like Steve Nichol please calling us a shambles.

How that man steals a living is beyond me, he is a disgrace to the word punditry.

Lampard mentioned the back room staffs arrogance the other night but all these ex-Liverpool players working as pundits take it up a notch with their ‘if it’s not Liverpool it’s not’ attitude, with Nichol leading the way.

• Like 1