Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Man Utd home

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Your post is an argument for brendan playing the same team tomorrow ......... it wouldn’t be a big surprise to me ...... 

I think he’ll drop Bennett - for me the halftime substitution of him was not only a result of the situation we were suddenly in but an admission from Rodgers that the guy has not been good enough. 

I’d also be surprised if we went about things the same way as we did against Spurs - we ended up playing far too open, which played into their hands.

I expect a much more conservative, try to build ourselves into the game approach.

The message has to be to make sure we don’t go behind early doors - we don’t want to be trying to chase the game 20 minutes in like we did.

I swear after winning the damn thing in 2016 I told myself football would never feel the same again.... I was right, I don't think I've felt this nervy the night before in my life.

Tbf much of it has to do with my intense dislike of Manchester United, the fans, Ole at the wheel, "The Utd way", VAR giving them everything possible, etc etc

Please lads... 90 minutes... Just give us 90 fvcking minutes! 

4 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I think he’ll drop Bennett - for me the halftime substitution of him was not only a result of the situation we were suddenly in but an admission from Rodgers that the guy has not been good enough. 

I’d also be surprised if we went about things the same way as we did against Spurs - we ended up playing far too open, which played into their hands.

I expect a much more conservative, try to build ourselves into the game approach.

The message has to be to make sure we don’t go behind early doors - we don’t want to be trying to chase the game 20 minutes in like we did.

Oh joy!

Is it possibly to be more conservative than we've been in many matches? All that'll do is result in putting ourselves under more pressure and presenting more opportunities to the opposition.

Edited by Matt

15 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I'm strangely not at all nervous. I'm fully expecting an 11 to be announced at 3p.m that has no chance of getting a result so I'm already resigned to the fact we won't qualify for champions league. Been that way for weeks now though, can't believe we've blown it, that Bournemouth result and performance just gets worse the more time that passes. 

I'm the same really, the reality is we blew it long before tomorrow. I don't think I'll be watching it tbh - not sure there's any point. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I'm strangely not at all nervous. I'm fully expecting an 11 to be announced at 3p.m that has no chance of getting a result so I'm already resigned to the fact we won't qualify for champions league. Been that way for weeks now though, can't believe we've blown it, that Bournemouth result and performance just gets worse the more time that passes. 

Same here. I've made peace with giving the Europa League a good bash next year. 

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oh joy!

Is it possibly to be more conservative than we've been in many matches? All that'll do is result in putting ourselves under more pressure and presenting more opportunities to the opposition.

West Ham got behind the ball out of possession and United didn’t look so sharp .......

my prediction is ole will play the same game as Jose did. Allow us to have the ball and lay traps to turn it over and break quickly via pre planned patterns 

I haven’t felt this much anticipation since England v Argentina ‘98. 
I think the odds are that we’re not going to get what we want, BUT I think we’re capable of a big performance and have the pedigree to win big matches, especially when it’s shit or bust.

How do our players sleep on the eve of a massive game?! It’s hard enough being a fan!

Come on Leicester! It’s my birthday tomorrow. Make it great!!!

Edited by SydenhamFox

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Sheff Utd players aren't up to Man Utd's standard. 

Wilder had no chance to prepare any tactics to target him.

I've not got it in for the lad. But it'll be kinder to him to leave him well away from this level of game. He could get destroyed. Not good for him and certainly wouldn't do our CL chances any good

You were alluding to him not being ready for the first team, yet we've only seen him twice. One of which he was a man of the match contender and then one where he made a couple of costly errors but didn't let it get to him and continued to attack well. He's certainly raw and if we had a fully fit squad he possibly wouldn't be playing but so far he's helped us win a game and then been involved in errors that cost us a game. Let's hope he reverts back to setting up goals for us again tomorrow.

So so dissapointing that we have to play this in an empty King Power Stadium. Given we lost the match at Old Trafford to a dodgy penalty and Bredan's nerves, I really feel that even with the broken first team we have available, having the KP rocking tomorrow would have really made a difference and pushed us towards success.

If we let in a goal after 7 minutes, the fans would get behind the team whereas now they have to find it within.

The fact so many subsitititions are allowed plays into the big teams hands as well, as they have larger, stronger, squads.

I'm sure that under normal circumstances, the squad would have finished the job several games ago and we would be playing CL football next season.

Edited by jim5000
  • Like 2

Bennett will get destroyed if he plays for the simple fact that we play a high line and keep the ball a a lot 60-70% possession. Martial and Rashford will ruin him on the counter like Son and Kane did.

29 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oh joy!

I imagine it would be more joy playing that way than coming in at halftime 3-0 down.

Just now, Koke said:

Bennett will get destroyed if he plays for the simple fact that we play a high line and keep the ball a a lot 60-70% possession. Martial and Rashford will ruin him on the counter like Son and Kane did.

Also for the fact that Bennett has shown himself to be a complete liability.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I imagine it would be more joy playing that way than coming in at halftime 3-0 down.

I suppose you're right.

Perhaps we should have gone with that tactic against Bournemouth in the 2nd half and others games it may have been a different outcome.

Ohhh, we did....:schlupp: