Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Man Utd home

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Lmao are there people that actually saw the start of the season calling for two defensive midfielders? 

We've gone full circle. Christ alive. 

We’re in a v different place now ..... 2 cdm’s and squeezing madders and YT into the formation was the issue 

it’s a tough call for the manger tomorrow and I suspect he will stay with a back three and be conservative in his approach 

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

If we do that we better pray Tielemens has the game of his life because we struggle to supply front line when we do that, our wing backs will be pinned back mostly, ideally we need a player to hold up the ball which we dont really have

I get that but we've got more problems at the back then anywhere else and whilst we have to win that doesn't mean we need to go all out. With Vardy on the pitch all it takes is one chance and he'll be away and most likely will bag. I'd bring Gray in also and Barnes to go with pace in the counter. 

14 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I don't think N'didi and Choudhury really works against any opponent, because neither of them offer anything going forward.  No passing touch, no attacking instinct - just ball-hawking and the occasional long strike at goal which hits the target.  You can have one guy like that in midfield at a time (Wilf is obviously far better) but not both.

Yet we haven't beaten a top 4 side without those 2 together for ages I don't think? In fact it was the midfield trio of Ndidi, Mendy and Choudhury who got us wins vs Chelsea and Man City and a point away at Anfield last season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yet we haven't beaten a top 4 side without those 2 together for ages I don't think? In fact it was the midfield trio of Ndidi, Mendy and Choudhury who got us wins vs Chelsea and Man City and a point away at Anfield last season.

Puels tactical nouse .........

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We’re in a v different place now ..... 2 cdm’s and squeezing madders and YT into the formation was the issue 

it’s a tough call for the manger tomorrow and I suspect he will stay with a back three and be conservative in his approach 

Well we played an odd team against spurs and it never worked. For me you have to get the best out your attackers against Man U. West Ham pushed them and almost benefited, you try to contain them Fernandes and Pogba will have a field day. We need to be offering a threat so 4141 I say... Barnes Vardy and Perez up top. Ndidi in midfield with tielemans and praet... basically back to what was getting us goals and winning matches. 

• Like 2

Manchester United looked painfully average against West Ham. Their defending was nothing special, de Gea is no longer in world class form and when West Ham had all 11 behind the ball they couldn't find their way through. The only thing that scares me is what they look like on the counter attack.

Rodgers has to find a way to attack without leaving our back line exposed to their pace. There's nothing wrong with taking a yellow card to stop a counterattack with no fear of accumulation and 5 subs. We have to find the first goal early and then set up to counter attack. It negates everything they are good at.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Is anyone seriously looking forward to this ?    I’d love to be able to click my fingers and find myself getting up on Monday morning - the 48 hours of my life lost compensated for many hundred fold by me missing the stress of tomorrow ! 

exactly how I feel- I should be playing cricket at this stage of the summer not worrying about feckin football.

I cannot see us winning and there will then follow prolonged and emetic  United and OGS rimming from the pundits and media and slabhead will have had the last laugh.:mad:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, shailen said:

I get that but we've got more problems at the back then anywhere else and whilst we have to win that doesn't mean we need to go all out. With Vardy on the pitch all it takes is one chance and he'll be away and most likely will bag. I'd bring Gray in also and Barnes to go with pace in the counter. 

If we’re conservative we’ll concede and likely not score more than them. If we go all out we’ll concede but might get some goals. 

I’d toss the coin and go for an early goal. If it backfires it backfires, but I see them coming out for an early goal and they’ll probably get one anyway. 

29 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

We could just sack rodgers and bring back puel he was a good manager who was unfairly critisised imo. He would win this game amd we would have won the league this year with him.

We’d be the best team in the league for about 10 games :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

If we’re conservative we’ll concede and likely not score more than them. If we go all out we’ll concede but might get some goals. 

I’d toss the coin and go for an early goal. If it backfires it backfires, but I see them coming out for an early goal and they’ll probably get one anyway. 

They may not be bothered about going for an early goal but if we open the door then they have the payers to take advantage ........ it’s such a tough call and I can’t see brendan taking the gamble. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Lmao are there people that actually saw the start of the season calling for two defensive midfielders? 

We've gone full circle. Christ alive. 

It can quite easily work well, assuming we are happy to concede possession and go against Rodgers's instincts for a 1 game shootout. Clearly if you're looking to boss possession and play from the back it can look horrific, but im hoping we change tactics for this one. 

I think with the personnel we have available, that its our best chance of winning the game. Keep it tight for an hour, weather some pressure and hope to punish a clearly tired team later. 

Being dead and buried with 30 mins left due to tactical errors will be almost unforgivable. 

3 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Fair point, I'm also wary that United are a counter attacking team and want teams to come onto them so it might favour them for us to go for it full throttle. We might be better picking our moments when they do arrive. Tricky one and I hope BR has the right gameplan. 

• Like 1

United won't do us any favors by taking chances early.  They know our history, they know what they need to advance.  You just can't afford to play into their hands.

Like I said earlier, my strategy here would be to get as many players into their best positions as possible  Return to a back four, with Albrighton on the left.  Perez in the #10 role, Praet and Tielemans in midfield to try and pick through passes for quick attacks, Vardy and Ienhacho up top.

• Like 1

On the Ndidi/Choudhury discussion, Choudhury is not a holding midfield player. I've said many times he is far too positionally naive to play Ndidi's deep role, and we saw when we had success vs. Man City and Chelsea under Puel with Mendy/Ndidi/Choudhury, that Choudhury actually bombed forward fairly often.

Of the games Ndidi and Choudhury have played 45+ minutes together in:

United away 1-0 - conceded a dodgy penalty early on and not much more, had chances to level it.

Chelsea away 1-1 - should have won the game, stifled them in an attacking sense for 70 odd minutes then Choudhury replaced by Praet to good effect in creating chances

Wolves home 0-0 - clean sheet

Chelsea home 0-0 - clean sheet

Man City away 1-0 - decent defensive display

Arsenal home 3-0 - clean sheet

Everton away 1-0 - clean sheet

Chelsea away 1-0 - clean sheet

Man City home 2-1 win - won it, decent defensively

There are others such as the Palace 5-0 and Southampton home loss but those above were all tough games where we got good results.

There is merit to playing both. Choudhury does add steel and a meaty tackle, but he can also give you legs to bring the ball up the field if you're under the cosh.

Are we going to concede lots of possession in this game? Probably not, they are a counter-attacking side usually. But it's an interesting thought all the same.

There’s far too much fear and negativity on here. The sense of foreboding rather than excited anticipation is baffling.

I just hope the players have a different mindset because this is not just a massive game but one we can definitely win.

We are at home against a team that have been struggling of late and have played two matches since our last game, neither of which they won. If we set up well, give absolutely everything, cut out the stupid errors at the back and take our chances - ie perform like we did against Sheffield United in our last home game  (yes, when even Bennett was getting praise) - then we could be celebrating one of the most important victories in our history.

What’s not to look forward to??

• Like 2

If you have a few minutes to waste, this is a pretty pointless article. It doesn't look at any of the issues we faced or give possible explanations. Only bit it mentions is Ndidi being injured and players out of form. Nothing about the style, lack of a clinical edge or unlucky decisions we've faced. 

14 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Kasper

Justin

Evans

Morgan

Thomas

Ndidi

Praet

Tielemans

Albrigton

Barnes

Vardy