Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Man Utd home

3 hours ago, PickledRick said:

Just joined the forum, timely as a Manchester United fan looking to amicably discuss with other fans on forums!

May I ask how you guys are feeling towards the big fixture on Sunday? Ideally we are in a stronger position but the way we've struggled against Southampton, Palace, West Ham and Chelsea, I really don't know anymore. Vardy and Barnes are in particular are huge threats. 

With a full strength side I would be cautiously optimistic but feel United will have far too much for us,expect a quick start and two goals down by ha!f time to quell any Utd nerves.No way will we keep a clean sheet but would have settled for Europa League at the start of the season, just hope we don't carry the present form over to the new season.

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The pressure is on MUFC.

Missing out on the CL would be huge for them.

Fifth would be (generally speaking) amazing for us.

It's a free hit in many ways.

Important to stay in the game as long as possible.

Let's see if this extraordinary season has one last sprinkle of magic left.

Man u played in midweek, they will be tired. We should run the legs off them. If we play a slow and methodical, it will be maximising man u's chances...

• Like 1

I'd go

Justin Morgan Evans Thomas

Gray Ndidi Tielemans Barnes 

Iheanacho Vardy

Justin and Thomas in their natural positions

Then look to bring Albrighton and Fuchs on, pushing Thomas forward, dropping Iheanacho for Mendy for extra midfield cover. Discipline, spoiling their passing with Vardy on Mcguire's shoulder looking for a cock up, and man marking Fernandes out the game is what's required. Oh, and have a nebuliser ready for Morgan, just to give him a boost every 20 minutes.

Edited by yorkie1999

10 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Man u played in midweek, they will be tired. We should run the legs off them. If we play a slow and methodical, it will be maximising man u's chances...

I think this is our opportunity. They do look a bit knackered. Are we able to impose ourselves physically and cover the  ability gap re their attack v our defence.  We could outrun and outfight them - that’s within our capabilities....: but at the same time, they could still pick us off if they get the rub of the green. Spurs got that last Sunday with the deflection .....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

We've been knackered since Southampton. Think it's been 48-72 hours between games since with little or no rotation. 

Pogba, Bruno, Wan Bissaka, Rashford have all been off the boil (and DDG hasn't helped with his form). That points to an element of burnout (would be a different scenario if it's just one player who looks off the boil). The way to beat us right now is off the ball. Press us in our own half and you'll get joy.

That said by the time Sunday comes its 4 days rest for United, so we might look perkier again. 

Edited by PickledRick
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The pressure is on MUFC.

Missing out on the CL would be huge for them.

Fifth would be (generally speaking) amazing for us.

It's a free hit in many ways.

Important to stay in the game as long as possible.

Let's see if this extraordinary season has one last sprinkle of magic left.

This part being the most important. Unfortunately last Sunday we all knew Spurs would score after 7 mins. I can see this week being the same sadly.

if we had Cags then I’d be more confident but we look so poor at the back lately

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think this is our opportunity. They do look a bit knackered. Are we able to impose ourselves physically and cover the  ability gap re their attack v our defence.  We could outrun and outfight them - that’s within our capabilities....: but at the same time, they could still pick us off if they get the rub of the green. Spurs got that last Sunday with the deflection .....

This is another rule change to assist the clubs with more top players to pick. 5 subs is more in their favour than ours. 

The odds are so stacked against us. 

• Like 2

Guest ttfn

Albrighton’s fitness is a big issue here. If he is fit it gives us some flexibility in team selection/formation, if he isn’t then we pretty much have to play all 3 of Morgan, Bennett and Thomas which is far from ideal for obvious reasons.

Realistically we are not going to line up with a back 4 with Barnes or Gray offering protection to Thomas but a fit Albrighton makes that more of an option. Alternatively we could play 3 at the back with Justin and Albrighton at wing back and not risk Thomas in such a big game. Or drop Bennett and have Justin at CB as others have suggested

Edited by ttfn

5 hours ago, adejo92 said:

As worrying as this fixture is, have to keep reminding myself that it is still ours to lose and Utd are more and beatable. 

I don't want to be relying on Chelsea's result. 

Best tactic is to forget Chelsea, in all likelihood they'll get at least a point anyway. Even if Wolves go a goal up we can't go into our shells defending a draw and put all our hopes on them. Fair enough if we're drawing and Wolves are a couple of goals up on the 80 min mark and then our strategy may change. 

It's all single percent chances scenarios hoping on Wolves beating Chelsea by a couple late on whilst we are drawing.

Forget Chelsea and just make this a shoot out between Man Utd and ourselves. We don't need to win it early and I'm more than happy to be 0-0 at the hour mark and start throwing a bit more caution to the wind from that point onwards. They're the team in 4th and with a CL spot to defend with tired legs, the pressure is all on them and they know that better than we know that. i just feel we've already blown it and now we have a second chance, we have nothing to lose and that makes us dangerous.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, eddylcfc said:

IMO this is our strongest side given injuries and Cags’ Suspension...

Kasper

JJ

Morgan

Evans

Thomas

Ndidi

Tielemans

Praet

Perez

Vardy

Barnes

Yeah I like that team. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FOXSE said:

I don't buy in to this any more.

We had a 2 day advantage over Chelsea in the Cup game and still fvcked it. 

It's the attitude, not the freshness or tiredness, that I worry about.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't buy in to this any more.

We had a 2 day advantage over Chelsea in the Cup game and still fvcked it. 

It's the attitude, not the freshness or tiredness, that I worry about.

Likely won’t see much difference first half but could do as the game progresses. They may have to bring on subs who aren't as good as their first 11.  Do we try and tun the kegs off them and risk doing the same to ourselves?  Their subs will be better quality than ours ....

note that ighalo hasn’t scored a league goal for them yet .......

Europa league is fine for me. I'd have taken it at the start of the season, but..... Imagine what we could potentially do in the transfer market if we achieve a champions league place. It could define the next 4 or 5 years for us potentially. We're already up against it when it comes to attracting players over the likes of Spurs, Arsenal etc so champions league could be the difference. 

Make it happen boys!! 

Edited by foxfanazer

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Europa league is fine for me. I'd have taken it at the start of the season, but..... Imagine what we could potentially do in the transfer market if we achieve a champions league place. It could define the next 4 or 5 years for us potentially. We're already up against it when it comes to attracting players over the likes of Spurs, Arsenal etc so champions league could be the difference. 

Make it happen boys!! 

I take your point, but if the quality we brought in for the last champions league adventure is anything to go by,  I'm not holding  out a great deal of optimism, other than I hope we have seriously learnt from that debacle of a transfer window.

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I take your point, but if the quality we brought in for the last champions league adventure is anything to go by,  I'm not holding  out a great deal of optimism, other than I hope we have seriously learnt from that debacle of a transfer window.

Well that's a worry too but it at least improves our pool of players and maybe the money made available by Top 

3 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I was about to mention that but I do wonder how much Ranieri wanted to sign new players, he seemed to have a thing about giving the league winning team their chance (and rightly so in some aspects) but we never really strengthened the squad and invested in talent to alter the style of our play.