Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Man Utd home

Only thing going for us is United have hit a bit of a rough patch and they may not know whether to attack or defend, so could be caught in limbo and end up doing neither, which hopefully we can take advantage of. Trouble is we aren't exactly in great form, nor do we have the players to compete. 

I can't see them being jaded. They've been used to playing twice a week being in Europe so I reckon tiredness won't be a factor. 

Just now, shailen said:

Only thing going for us is United have hit a bit of a rough patch and they may not know whether to attack or defend, so could be caught in limbo and end up doing neither, which hopefully we can take advantage of. Trouble is we aren't exactly in great form, nor do we have the players to compete. 

I can't see them being jaded. They've been used to playing twice a week being in Europe so I reckon tiredness won't be a factor. 

They're fans seem to be worried that they'll play for the draw and that the mentality is all wrong. I'm worried that we'll do the same lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

They're fans seem to be worried that they'll play for the draw and that the mentality is all wrong. I'm worried that we'll do the same lol

Can we win the game in the first twenty minutes ??  We could certainly lose it.  Brendan talked about the mental approach to the game today - I expect, as others do, that it will be a cagey first half. Ole could decide to go gung ho on the basis that they likely win a game of basketball ..... could be fun ! ........scrap that .... no way is Sunday afternoon going to be fun!!!!!!  Hyper stress !

Edited by st albans fox

7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It'd just sum our season up, a game in which we should be going for the win, we go for the draw, only for Brendan to realise we need the win in the 85th minute and brings on Mendy for Barnes. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Can we win the game in the first twenty minutes ??  We could certainly lose it.  Brendan talked about the mental approach to the game today - I expect, as others do, that it will be a cagey first half. Ole could decide to go gung ho on the basis that they likely win a game of basketball ..... could be fun ! 

Can we win it in 90?

From what I read from Brendan's press conference the message is that he's happy with the players regardless of Sundays result. I think the importance of the game Sunday should be made crystal clear 

• Like 1

See all the worried negativity has crept in again. It's the last game. Shit or bust. Europe of sorts has been attained.  Manchester Utd are under more pressure than us with Southampton and West Ham proving there is nothing to fear. The boys might just surprise everyone on Sunday. We live in hope and expectation.

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1

Great news about Albrighton, gives BR more flexibility and experience. I'd be ok with a 3 if JJ is one of them, but we would need to be very disciplined with covering the counter.

I'm finding the nerves a bit of an issue since the restart, I think it was the Watford goal that started it. I don't imagine Sunday will be much different.

We need two players shielding a back 4 with Morgan and Evans at its heart to compensate for lack of pace.  We need to call on the spirit of Puel.  Ironically.

Because of the inexperience of our full backs, we need Praet or Mendy, not the magnificent Choudhury, to accompany N'didi.  We then need a combination of pass-pickers and pace in the front four.  Definitely Tielemans and Vardy.  Possibly Barnes and Perez.

16 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

4-4-2 keep it simple. Back 3 we get trashed 3-1. If there’s ever been a game I wanted us to win it’s this one. Imagine utd not getting top 4 because of little Leicester 😂

Even better imagine it being due to a Harry Maguire howler. It's what dreams are made of. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

I don't think Slimani and Musa were Ranieri signings either. They had been tracked for a couple of transfer windows before.

Ranieri was desperate to get Slimani in.

Was advised he wouldn't "fit" with Vardy.

And was advised not to pay anywhere near the amount we did.

Such is life.

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Europa league is fine for me. I'd have taken it at the start of the season, but..... Imagine what we could potentially do in the transfer market if we achieve a champions league place. It could define the next 4 or 5 years for us potentially. We're already up against it when it comes to attracting players over the likes of Spurs, Arsenal etc so champions league could be the difference. 

Make it happen boys!! 

Let's not forget we're moving in to arguably the best training facility in world football. Imo that'll attract players on it's own. We're not interested in expensive ready made players more developing young talent so regardless of the C/L place we aren't competing with the traditional top 6 anyway. What's defining the next 4-5 years is how we've done things in the last 10.

Europa league is fine for me too. But....Imagine beating these lot Sunday!!

sod it, i'm going 3-1

Up the foxes!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Chatting to united supporting mate (who'd have thought a Man United fan in Leicester......:ph34r:)

The onus is kinda more on United than it is us. 

We need to go into the game and win, it's the only way to guarantee top 4 for us. 

I'm kinda glad we're not the ones who need the draw. Rodgers has history of getting it tactically wrong in such games, most famously Liverpool V Chelsea and the Gerrard slip. He set up completely wrong for that game and was happy to not lose, it went completely wrong and Liverpools collapse went down in history. He's done the same with us too, the Man U game away is prime example of this. They were there for the taking, we set up wrong happily looking for the draw. I hope I'm wrong, but I think Rodgers is a nearly man when it comes to the crunch. 

Ole is actually under pressure to get this right, does he set up to not lose?? At the moment we're on our backsides. We're down in the dumps, we've blown a massive lead and bottled it. But wounded animals are the most dangerous. We have to go into the game with a nothing to lose attitude. I'm sure Ole will be putting that across to his team. If it all rested on this game and this game alone, I'd want us to go all out, a bit like the Atletico game. Leave it all there.

The trouble is the Chelsea game. If we go all out and get caught out, lose the game and a draw would have done, that's gonna be hard to take. But we can't rely on that happening.

I really do think there is more pressure on United than there is us.

That all being said, there's probably gonna be a cup final feel to the game, and not one of the good finals. It'll be edgy, tight and a bit poor. I just hope that if there was a reaction to the Chelsea game and happenings going on there that we're still in with a chance. 

To lose our spot in the top 4 is disappointing enough, I'd hate it if we went out with a whimper and the game ends up being massively comfortable for United 

Absolutely Jimbo. We need to go in there and lay it all out there.  We cannot be worried about the Chelsea game though and wonder what would have been if a draw is enough in the end if we lose - because that is exactly the attitude you said to avoid and not try to set up for a draw because no doubt it will backfire.  The best defence is to attack and put pressure and think we can win.

How often have we capitulated this year because we let our foot off the pedal - football is a game of skills, tactics and at this level belief.  The moment we let the other team believe - they will attack and play better; exactly what we have done for example at Bournemouth.  This is what ironically as we are talking about Man U here Ferguson was most good at - turn his teams into something better than their individual parts of sometimes average players. Think about the likes of Neville, Nicky Butt, Carrick etc - yes they had better players around them but they were average players in the end performing way better at Man U than they would at other teams, because like their players (watch Keane, Neville, Ferdinand commentary) used to say, they are “Man U”.

We should go in there and think we are better than them and go in there for the kill. The whole team should go in there thinking like Jamie Vardy. Go for the win. The back four/three should not just pass around for the sake of playing safe because that would be inviting Man U to press them and make mistakes.  They should defend deep though but they should quickly get the ball to the midfielders - this has been our problem for much of the second part of the season. Man U is just as vulnerable as we are if we transition/counter quickly. As you say, they do not want to lose either, so let’s see who is mentally tougher to want to have a go. Unfortunately, the most likely reality is, especially with Ole in charge and while we have BR, Man U is tougher and they would go for the win more than we do.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Let's not forget we're moving in to arguably the best training facility in world football. Imo that'll attract players on it's own. We're not interested in expensive ready made players more developing young talent so regardless of the C/L place we aren't competing with the traditional top 6 anyway. What's defining the next 4-5 years is how we've done things in the last 10.

Europa league is fine for me too. But....Imagine beating these lot Sunday!!

sod it, i'm going 3-1

Up the foxes!

Whilst it will be nice and impressive to see, if I was a player, a training ground would be a good way down the list of things to attract me in fairness. If Notts County had a similar ground and Barcelona had a particularly grotty one where do we think players would go?

Likewise the successful development of young talent, like the development of our young England talent at the multimillion pounds St George's training facility, is almost entirely dependent on the right coaches and the right input, not the quality of the facilities. 

Ours are to be exciting wonderful facilities but, if Rodgers and his staff, like any other manager and coaching team aren't up to the job, it becomes merely a very nice set of hi tech buildings. Coaches develop talent not buildings. Likewise, if I was a young player, reputation, history, standing, prospects and wages would attract me and not buildings or training grounds.

Edited by volpeazzurro