Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Man Utd home

30 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Would be sooooooo frustrating if that happens and we concede a late winner ...........

would be, but we can't look to the chelsea game. We need to set up for a win here and leave everything we have out on the pitch 

Most exciting scenario, we get an iffy penalty in the first 5 minutes and then hang on for the rest of the match, including the 15 minutes of injury time the ref will add. It'd be torture but how good would you feel afterwards?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Most exciting scenario, we get an iffy penalty in the first 5 minutes and then hang on for the rest of the match, including the 15 minutes of injury time the ref will add. It'd be torture but how good would you feel afterwards?

Don't think my nerves could take that mate! I'd be much happier however, if Maguire scored an O.G with 90+10 on the clock! Cue the United melt down.

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I cant honestly see our defence keeping a clean sheet against them. I thinks it's a battle if who scores more!

Bruno Fernandes will score his obligary penalty after a dodgy VAR incident, and then Harry Maguure will put the final nail in our coffin with a header in the 93rd minute. Stats will show us with 70% possession and 22 shots on goal (10 on target) but once again we will miss our chances and finish 5th. 

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It'd be torture but somehow enjoyable. Maybe we are masochist for enjoying this.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Have we been written off by every pundit yet?    

I've watched a lot of clips on ESPN and BT + tweets from journalists and about 98% think United will beat us and finish 3rd, and Chelsea will finish 4th.

Their argument is 1) we're on a terrible run of form and 2) we are missing several key players, including 3 of our back 4. Both points are correct.

United are favourites imo but not by much that it warrants almost every pundjt to predict a comfortable win for them. They haven't exactly been great either.

• Thanks 1

We haven't done well in big games this season (Man City away, Liverpool home, Villa Cup game). Hopefully we turn up this time around as this game eclipses all other games we've played for a very long time. It's not a disaster if we don't get CL but I'm thinking it could go into next season firing them up to prove their quality or the low morale could hurt us next year. Its not quite Watford in the play offs but it could feel a bit like that. 

We need the rub of the green for sure. Against Spurs we had no luck. We created a couple of decent chances and the keeper made a Worldie whilst at the other end they get a lucky deflection and then score two brilliantly finished goals. Game over.  We need that first stroke of luck or that first bit of brilliance tomorrow. Going 1 up will then suit us. Let them start to chase the game. Results apart they haven’t been scintillating to the eye since the restart. It’s not like Man City when they are on song and they look like scoring every time they get the ball. I’m quite happy with the approach of keeping it tight for an hour. If you fast forwarded me to the 75th minute now and said it’s 0-0 but we’ve created zilch I’d snap your hand off. Stay in the game, unlike last week, and get them nervous. 

1 hour ago, shailen said:

I agree that's why I think playing 2 DMs is needed so we can stop Bruno in those spaces in the hole and try and limit their creative players and use pace to get at their defence. We also need 2 DMs to protect our defence as its vulnerable with having to play 3/4 backup players. 

If we do that we better pray Tielemens has the game of his life because we struggle to supply front line when we do that, our wing backs will be pinned back mostly, ideally we need a player to hold up the ball which we dont really have

Just been to my local coop and a guy in a Man U shirt was the only person not wearing a mask. When he got to the checkout he said "I'm sorry I'm not wearing a mask." I couldn't resist saying, "I've not got a problem with the lack of a mask, its the shirt I'm taking offence at."

• Like 1

Hopefully we’ll ditch the back 3 and specifically Benno. I can see us getting ripped apart if we persist with this system with the players we have available.

I reckon 4141 with a CDM protecting the central defenders and wingers tracking back to support our inexperienced fullbacks. We could man to man Fernandes but he’ll cheat and get the player (Choudhury?) booked and effectively hobbled in his job early in the 1st half. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tetly said:

If the players aren’t up for this we got some problems. Very unsure what sort of performance we will get as we seem to choke in important games. Hopefully we win 2-0.

This is where I can sympathise with the hardened Critics on attitude......

To hold the Top 4,even mingle with the Top 6 ,on a period of consistency. Its our mental strength und disciple that has to go up a few notches...

Add also some Nasty arrogance,but balance & humble arrogance...We are Finding und hoping of Quality Skill set,across all lines.

even with our heavy injuries,we can make a massive Noise tomorrow,Not by performing,but by grabbing that all important win when it counts...

If we Play poor,but Grind out a still earned win....that sends out more messages...If means.  f**k 'em. We Don t care,we are the new Boys on the b!ock..

Then Wolves can join & accompany us over the Next few years....

28 minutes ago, tetly said:

If the players aren’t up for this we got some problems. Very unsure what sort of performance we will get as we seem to choke in important games. Hopefully we win 2-0.

The manager doesn't seem too desperate judging by his pre match comments!

I don't think N'didi and Choudhury really works against any opponent, because neither of them offer anything going forward.  No passing touch, no attacking instinct - just ball-hawking and the occasional long strike at goal which hits the target.  You can have one guy like that in midfield at a time (Wilf is obviously far better) but not both.

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Lmao are there people that actually saw the start of the season calling for two defensive midfielders? 

We've gone full circle. Christ alive. 

they have pace we have pace-less defenders 2 dm's may be a good shout look what happened against Tottenham

• Like 1