Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

If you need cheering up...

Coventry for me....

Forest ,Derby low key,irritating neighbours,redeemed with both having Cloughie & Taylor..

Posted this before awhile back... 

Forest & Leicester fans clashed at Skeggy after a coincidental Holiday weekend outing....

There was a Pirate Battle on & in the boating lake...Fans Killing themselves not in figjts, but of laughter,even met for drinks afterwards, After drying out...!!

There was some pretencious skirmishes, but mainly all friendly with the Police Standing off, accepting a humerous truce,und Mixing with us with

the late evening being low key ,being told we are just a group of  quarreling brothers, though  we fking both hate Coventry....

On (actually beneath) the promenade,I met and found my (early) girlfriend....A Forest fan...!!!

Apparently a few years later there was a massive rumble at Skeggy, with a mix bunch of different Midlands fans...

I was Overseas at the time...but had already drifted from Leicester...( Tho' stayed a loyal fan)

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Who do you dislike more ?

Derby or Forest.

Must be nice lording it over both!

Both really do mess it up do ..

There are Premier League clubs that I dislike far more than our geographical rivals. At the risk of sounding big time, they're slightly irrelevant to us at the moment. My mate is a Derby STH and I go to a few games each season, have zero dislike for them, just another club.

Utd, Spurs, Liverpool on the other hand... 

11 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I don't think i dislike any of the midlands "rivals" as much as I do Spurs. I hate Spurs....

yeah i want our east mids brethren up here. ultimately disliking forest and derby from a football perspective they are still from the same part of the world as us.. can't ****ing stand spurs and their gimpy fans. 

also **** villa

Edited by Out Foxed

19 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I confess I don't quite get the mindset here.  Hating on a longtime rival is natural, obviously.  But shouldn't a fan relish the idea of playing a derby against that rival twice a year in the top division?

To be honest i would of prefered them to get to the play off final watch all them ***** get excited and concede a last minute goal then watch the nobs cry

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

I just dislike everyone really. 

It's Leicester and nothing else really. 

I really hated Forest years and years ago but I've got more respect for Forest, Derby and Cov fans that actually go, than the bellends in Liverpool and Utd shirts that gob off in the pub and come out with the 'I can't ever get a ticket' bollox. 

The elite clubs fans don't really know what a shit period in their history is. 

Leeds fans have been through loads of shit, so although I don't like them, they've done some proper hard years and deserve their promotion imo👍

Under Revie,didnt particular like Leeds team, but liked their fans,like you said they knew their own hard times...

Unlike some,I Never disliked either L'pool nor Spurs,I can laugh Off their ridiculous banter,Never took it serious,& Never had egoistisch banter from

Their fans,I have come across....

Arsenal,Manutd fans I have met,only had their Team on their lips,no all round Football banter or Willing discussion over others..!!:nono:

I Worked & managed in  pubs, engineered around the world, Yorkshire People can be sometimes hard work,but the latter group of fans den turn a bright day

dark..!!

In the end I suppose ist all down to individual experience,so I Never prejudge past or new found aquaintances...

19 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Not with the rampant racist behaviour I've witnessed over the years at their ground. 

**** em. The last we were there they were signing 'a town full of pakis' like we were back in the seventies. Why would I want that derby? 

Never ever before apart from at their ground have I felt worried or threatened or disgusted quite like I used to there. There is genuine hatred on their part towards us. Upper tier spitting and throwing hundreds of coins back in the administration season when they came back from 2 nil down, 100s running at me and my dad and a few others who got off a train at Nottingham Station, they are a bunch of absolute inbred cvnts who belong rotting below the Premier league. 

Always Cov for me, being from SW Leicestershire but the last 10 years I've forgotten they exist. Do they still exist :whistle:

Have a look at the Championship scores and always pleased to see a Derby or Forest defeat. Delighted by last night's 96th minute own goal to miss out on the play offs. 

I’ve never understood the media trying to make the Derby game a “derby”. Out of the three, that’s never been a game with the feel of a derby. 

For me I’ve always felt Cov and Forest were our local derbies. Forest fans love to sing about us even though they don’t care. 

I’ve always felt a bit of niggle with Birmingham too, don’t know if others have come across that. 

Cov and Forest are top for me I can’t ****ing stand either of them. Derby have their moments but I don’t feel the same as I do about them compared to the other set of *****. Villa are just willy pullers in general, I think everyone across the country hates them and posh and their fans are always good fun when we play them. 

If People want cheering up...they can just Read my posts..!!!

Ok,they are sometimes like the Times crossword,and even more cryptic,but I give Value for Time wasted

other Posters send me...so many lol Mixed with..:blink: showing my cryptic is brilliant..!!

and humour that blows @Izzet jokes Off the scale...

20 hours ago, Yes said:

For anyone who doubts the lack of humility just give this video a watch.

They love comparing them beating Malmo and whoever to us winning the league, not just fans, their journalists and former players too, shouting down anyone who dares disagree it was the best and they can’t stand the fact it’s not held as highly by the football world. Their greatest achievement and it’s not even seen as the greatest in the East Midlands. You do love to see it.

The biggest narcissists in football. Making OUR achievements all about them.

The arrogance is astonishing.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Yes said:

For anyone who doubts the lack of humility just give this video a watch.

They love comparing them beating Malmo and whoever to us winning the league, not just fans, their journalists and former players too, shouting down anyone who dares disagree it was the best and they can’t stand the fact it’s not held as highly by the football world. Their greatest achievement and it’s not even seen as the greatest in the East Midlands. You do love to see it.

lol That is staggering.

He's a grown man as well.

• Like 1

In the olden days (pre 2016),  Leicester fans were from  Leicestershire.  Many still are.  But we had glory.  Oh, we had glory...  Now we have a few fans who would otherwise have been Manpoolsea til they die.

Our biggest rivals... depends on where you're from.  I was brought up equidistant from Leicester and the C word.  Now, I live in  the South West, I come across very few people whose hate team are the C word.

I detest with a passion Cov hate them more then I cover every explain 

then next in the hate mall is Derby who invented that spineless bunch I’ll never know

and too a lesser degree and hope they get relegated to the conference are the F****t 

I just detest all 3

I find it staggering that both those Achievements from both Forest & Leicester,cant just be respected from both sides.....!!

There is no my...House ,.my home...My yacht..My Wife syndrome...just Two Great normal traditional clubs upsetting the applecart...

The comparison in Transfer finances,cant be real....the actually mean Value of Football players have changed,so that equal to £ 2.8 Million is contrite hogwash..

But Leicester fans, should just Let it go...!!! WE have nothing to prove, to go on about , it must Shows the protractors still have small dicks and are Chasing around looking for enlargers....

You have to remember, that apart from close proximity, local rivalries often ebb and flow over the years.

Most City fans living out Hinckley way see Cov as rivals, whilst those living out Ashby way see Derby as rivals.   Those living out Stamford way don't see Peterborough as rivals as such, but they still don't want to lose to lose to them.    

For most of the rest of us, Forest has always been the number one enemy.    Enough has already been said about that filth; I don't need to add anything more.  

But rivalries change over the years.

In the 1960's, Leicester/Forest was the big East Midlands match.  Derby were nowhere to be seen.    As were Cov, who up until 1967 had never even been in the top flight of English football.

For a couple of years (69-71) Forest/Derby was the top match, but Forest got relegated in 72 ... so for the next 5 years (72-77) Leicester/Derby was the big East Midlands derby.    And Derby were quite good (won the league in 75), so there was a good rivalry.

Forest came back with Clough in 77, and that's when the Derby/Forest rivalry took off properly.   We were sh5t that season, got relegated and that was pretty much the end of us as "respected" local East Midlands rivals.

Cov is a funny case.  It's part of the West Midlands, so never felt part of the natural East Midlands rivalry.   TBH most of us treated it like a forgotten suburb of Birmingham.   Apart fron those living in the SW of the County, most of us generally thought of Cov as a joke.   

Apart from the first few years they got into top flight (1967), Cov's home crowds were lousy, and their away support was even worse.  With the odd exception, they rarely brought many fans to Filbert Street.   The 1976-77 season provided the abiding memory of Leicester/Cov rivalry.   Before the League match at Filbert Street, there were about 1000 in the away end.   Half of them were City fans, who came out just before the kickoff, stolled around the pitch, and climbed into the Kop, giggling all the way as if to say "what a joke Cov are".   There wasn't even anything for them to fight with.

Whilst it doesn't affect how people feel, there are a couple of other issues affecting how the local derby felt.

Forest and Derby were both dead easy to get to by train, so 1000's of us just use to pile up the station and catch a service train there.  Great fun.   Cov was a right pain by train.   In the 1970's the Nuneaton-Cov line was freight only, so any service train trip to Cov was a long tedious one via Birmingham.     Car or coach was a doddle to Cov, of course, as Highfield Road was on the NW (Leicester) side of the town ... but train trips were generally a no-no  (apart from the odd football special).

The other thing affecting the atmosphere was the ground.   Both Forest and Cov had sh5t open away end terraces.   You could take 6000 there, and barely make any noise.   It was rubbish.     

Derby on the other hand. was great.    The Baseball Ground was really hemmed in by houses, and had a really tight feel to it.  in the 1970's the away terrace was mostly covered, and you could make a right racket.    You had some Derby fans on your right behind the goal (Osmaston End) and some on your left along the side (Ley Stand).     The atmosphere away to Derby was far better than Forest or Cov.

With all seater stadia, it's all got a bit more sanitised, and feels similar wherever you are.    Personally, I thought the Ricoh Arena was the best of Forest/Derby/Cov, especially when we had a good 5-6000 away following.

But as I said at the beginning ... rivalries feel transient.   We've been streets ahead of Forest/Derby the last 5 years, and Cov have disappeared off the scene over that period.   At the moment beating the likes of Arsenal/Tottenham/Chelsea/Man Utd is more what we're interested in.

<Edited to say: Highfield Road was, of course, on the NE (not NW) side of Cov, as I stated above.> .

Edited by worth_the_wait
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

lol That is staggering.

He's a grown man as well.

I saw it at the time and obviously couldn’t care less with what was going on but watching it back is funny and just sums them up for me, I’ve noticed even their players from that era often brings up comparisons moaning that people say ours is better. Very strange behaviour they can’t appreciate their own achievements without everyone else’s approval.

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

You have to remember, that apart from close proximity, local rivalries often ebb and flow over the years.

Most City fans living out Hinckley way see Cov as rivals, whilst those living out Ashby way see Derby as rivals.   Those living out Stamford way don't see Peterborough as rivals as such, but they still don't want to lose to lose to them.    

For most of the rest of us, Forest has always been the number one enemy.    Enough has already been said about that filth; I don't need to add anything more.  

But rivalries change over the years.

In the 1960's, Leicester/Forest was the big East Midlands match.  Derby were nowhere to be seen.    As were Cov, who up until 1967 had never even been in the top flight of English football.

For a couple of years (69-71) Forest/Derby was the top match, but Forest got relegated in 72 ... so for the next 5 years (72-77) Leicester/Derby was the big East Midlands derby.    And Derby were quite good (won the league in 75), so there was a good rivalry.

Forest came back with Clough in 77, and that's when the Derby/Forest rivalry took off properly.   We were sh5t that season, got relegated and that was pretty much the end of us as "respected" local East Midlands rivals.

Cov is a funny case.  It's part of the West Midlands, so never felt part of the natural East Midlands rivalry.   TBH most of us treated it like a forgotten suburb of Birmingham.   Apart fron those living in the SW of the County, most of us generally thought of Cov as a joke.   

Apart from the first few years they got into top flight (1967), Cov's home crowds were lousy, and their away support was even worse.  With the odd exception, they rarely brought many fans to Filbert Street.   The 1976-77 season provided the abiding memory of Leicester/Cov rivalry.   Before the League match at Filbert Street, there were about 1000 in the away end.   Half of them were City fans, who came out just before the kickoff, stolled around the pitch, and climbed into the Kop, giggling all the way as if to say "what a joke Cov are".   There wasn't even anything for them to fight with.

Whilst it doesn't affect how people feel, there are a couple of other issues affecting how the local derby felt.

Forest and Derby were both dead easy to get to by train, so 1000's of us just use to pile up the station and catch a service train there.  Great fun.   Cov was a right pain by train.   In the 1970's the Nuneaton-Cov line was freight only, so any service train trip to Cov was a long tedious one via Birmingham.     Car or coach was a doddle to Cov, of course, as Highfield Road was on the NW (Leicester) side of the town ... but train trips were generally a no-no  (apart from the odd football special).

The other thing affecting the atmosphere was the ground.   Both Forest and Cov had sh5t open away end terraces.   You could take 6000 there, and barely make any noise.   It was rubbish.     

Derby on the other hand. was great.    The Baseball Ground was really hemmed in by houses, and had a really tight feel to it.  in the 1970's the away terrace was mostly covered, and you could make a right racket.    You had some Derby fans on your right behind the goal (Osmaston End) and some on your left along the side (Ley Stand).     The atmosphere away to Derby was far better than Forest or Cov.

With all seater stadia, it's all got a bit more sanitised, and feels similar wherever you are.    Personally, I thought the Ricoh Arena was the best of Forest/Derby/Cov, especially when we had a good 5-6000 away following.

But as I said at the beginning ... rivalries feel transient.   We've been streets ahead of Forest/Derby the last 5 years, and Cov have disappeared off the scene over that period.   At the moment beating the likes of Arsenal/Tottenham/Chelsea/Man Utd is more what we're interested in.

The Baseball Ground was always a good away day. The first time I went there was the infamous Brian Clough sacking match where he turned up in the stand and waved to the crowd (the one featured in the Damned United). The other thing I remember is being amongst hundreds running out of the station singing 'Leicester boys are back in town again'. The match programmes were massive, broad sheet efforts that you couldn't open to read in a swaying crowd. However, they did make for a good fire under the stand. Unbelievable looking back how dangerous that was. 

Following on from Forest's comedy gold exploits this week ...

If you want another laugh, here's Forest's 2007 3rd Division Playoff Semi Final 2nd leg highlights.    Forest 2-0 up from the away leg, managed to lose 2-5 at home.  And for good measure our dear Wes committed a hideous backpass for Yeovil's 4th goal.   oops!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI-RO51QMf8