Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

If you need cheering up...

Grew up in Melton - Fair mix of Leicester/Nottingham and then United/Liverpool shitbags.

I've got mates that will repost Deeney day every year without fail and they HATED us winning the league. Considering they 'don't care about us', they talk about us a lot.

Last night was amazing, I love nothing more than them lot bottling it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

Grew up in Melton - Fair mix of Leicester/Nottingham and then United/Liverpool shitbags.

I've got mates that will repost Deeney day every year without fail and they HATED us winning the league. Considering they 'don't care about us', they talk about us a lot.

Last night was amazing, I love nothing more than them lot bottling it.

To be fair being from Leicestershire they’re bound to be more bothered than most, always found it more embarrassing for us that Forest have ever had a bit of a fan base in Leicestershire towns, hopefully it will die out fully in the next few years.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I confess I don't quite get the mindset here.  Hating on a longtime rival is natural, obviously.  But shouldn't a fan relish the idea of playing a derby against that rival twice a year in the top division?

I went through a period earlier this season of wanting them up for that exact reason. But I must admit I was laughing my head off last night as those goals went in. 

Every season Notts Forest, Derby and Cov are crap, it strengthens our grip on the region. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Yes said:

To be fair being from Leicestershire they’re bound to be more bothered than most, always found it more embarrassing for us that Forest have ever had a bit of a fan base in Leicestershire towns, hopefully it will die out fully in the next few years.

Definitely yeah, we were always equally as bad though so it felt like a bit of a rivalry (for me personally) but the last 5 years or so has really got to them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It's a split between Forest & Cov for me, when I first got into City, Cov was the big one round my area and my mums side supports them,but their complete self destruction has kinda ruined the rivalry a bit. I've never particularly been arsed by Derby, but I think that's more of a 90s early 2000s thing and if you're living round the melton side. My memories of us playing Derby are just us twatting them everytime.

I don't think there's much support for Derby around the Melton area - mostly Forest if they're not Leicester. There is a fair bit of support for Derby around Ashby way, although I think it's fading. You don't see many Derby shirts or car window stickers round there these days.

I think this is probably the general trend in the whole county. I can't imagine many Leics. kids in their right mind picking Forest, Derby or Cov over us for the foreseeable future.

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

I don't think there's much support for Derby around the Melton area - mostly Forest if they're not Leicester. There is a fair bit of support for Derby around Ashby way, although I think it's fading. You don't see many Derby shirts or car window stickers round there these days.

I think this is probably the general trend in the whole county. I can't imagine many Leics. kids in their right mind picking Forest, Derby or Cov over us for the foreseeable future.

Ashby has become more of a villa / City split....Sutton Coldfield/Tamworth refugees who've moved out a bit further.  Not sure if there's any great concentration of Rams anymore. 

Back onto topic, I remember bei g delighted that one of the junior flag waver teams earlier this season was West bridgford something or other. 

It was a sweet moment 

• Like 2

I confess I don't quite get the mindset here.  Hating on a longtime rival is natural, obviously.  But shouldn't a fan relish the idea of playing a derby against that rival twice a year in the top division?

I would really enjoy a top flight East Mids derby. But last night was priceless, honestly.

12 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Not with the rampant racist behaviour I've witnessed over the years at their ground. 

**** em. The last we were there they were signing 'a town full of pakis' like we were back in the seventies. Why would I want that derby? 

Last game I went to there (2007) I witnessed some pretty scummy behaviour from our fans, too, some of which was directed to Neil Lennon who's one our best players of all time. 

I don't particularly feel any rivalry to any club. Dont really care either, most clubs with big rivalries seem more bothered about the rival clubs misery than their own success. 

The only clubs I really enjoy failing are 'the big 6'. Sick of the pedestal they're put on and the media's bias towards them.

• Like 1

As someone who started watching city in the late 70’s it was nauseating listening to forest fans gloating all the while even into the 90’s where they lived off Cloughies era !

Cov and Derby would be welcome additions to midlands derbies in the prem but would not bother me seeing Forest down in League 1!

Great watching them implode and a reminder to not take for granted what we have under KP ownership !

12 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

As someone who started watching city in the late 70’s it was nauseating listening to forest fans gloating all the while even into the 90’s where they lived off Cloughies era !

Cov and Derby would be welcome additions to midlands derbies in the prem but would not bother me seeing Forest down in League 1!

Great watching them implode and a reminder to not take for granted what we have under KP ownership !

Exactly my thoughts.Growing up in the 80's it was all about forest on midlands today or central news!

31 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

I don't particularly feel any rivalry to any club. Dont really care either, most clubs with big rivalries seem more bothered about the rival clubs misery than their own success. 

The only clubs I really enjoy failing are 'the big 6'. Sick of the pedestal they're put on and the media's bias towards them.

disagree cos hate forest, but only just started to notice the media big 6 stuff

the arsenal love in when we played them was ridic especially when we are miles above them in the league, felt like listening to AFTV

41 minutes ago, eblair said:

disagree cos hate forest, but only just started to notice the media big 6 stuff

the arsenal love in when we played them was ridic especially when we are miles above them in the league, felt like listening to AFTV

have you been living under a rock for the last 5 years

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Just like our fans got reprimanded for singing homophobic chants vs Brighton a few years ago - every fan base has their portion of dickheads, just because we don’t like Forest as a football club doesn’t mean we have to tarnish all of their fans with the same brush. 

I would’ve just liked to have seen them come up for a bit of buzz for the first proper derby day in 6 years. 

Ah yes, I remember that one. It was the "holding hands" chant that did it, right?

Wasn't exactly clever, but hardly on a level with being called a "town full of P*kis" and told "you're not English anymore". I guess I shouldn't be doing the mental gymnastics to develop a hierarchy of which bigoted views are more offensive than others, but I dunno... I can think of plenty of actual slurs LGBT people face that our fans most definitely did not hurl their way that day. It was just the "holding hands" jibe. :mellow:

What amused me most about that was the Brighton fans' response, which was "you're too ugly to be gay". Which, considering all the pent-up toxic masculinity and weird ticking of the evolutionary clock in L1, probably hit way closer to home than the initial chants. lol

Should really have been left at that, but I guess I get the Brighton fans' annoyance and decision to make an official complaint, given it sounds like they get it on away trips way more than we get peak 1970s slurs aimed at our Asian population. So much so that their fans have the aforementioned "comeback" response in their chant armoury. 

• Haha 1

Oh, and while we're on the cretinous behaviour of Forest fans, who remembers them racially abusing Lloyd Dyer after Knockeart's winner in that 3-2 game?

Never got reported, presumably because our players and fans were all on such a high in the moment, but it happened and it was disgraceful.

Absolutely nasty bunch, would be glad if we never have to play them again.

We haven't played Forest in 7 years (14/15 to 20/21). Coventry even longer (2012 I think). Long may it continue. Hopefully we won't play them for another decade at the very least. 

Derby are just a joke of a club. I dont hate them, I just look down on them and their irrelevance. Couldn't care less what division they are in.

• Haha 1

We don't really have any close rivalries do we? I don't particularly want anyone in the East Midlands to do well because of the territory but I don't really hate Derby or Forest and can't force myself to either.

Doesn't help we've not played them in years and all they have to look forward to each season is playing each other, mind.

• Like 1