Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

If you need cheering up...

8 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I confess I don't quite get the mindset here.  Hating on a longtime rival is natural, obviously.  But shouldn't a fan relish the idea of playing a derby against that rival twice a year in the top division?

I'd just like to thank you for making this thread a classic 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

How do you feel about this? Are you excited for the Luton game next season or would you rather never play them again?

Well I guess it was likely to happen again at some point.

They probably are a Championship club or were before being kicked down the leagues.

They have a very good record at our place which is annoying but we have won the last 2 at Kennelworth Road.

I suspect the clubs, local authorities and police are hoping either we at stay up some how or the games are played before fans are fully allowed back !

8 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I confess I don't quite get the mindset here.  Hating on a longtime rival is natural, obviously.  But shouldn't a fan relish the idea of playing a derby against that rival twice a year in the top division?

Nope. I'd love to see them struggling in division 2 for the rest of their miserable existence. Aside from all the other reasons already given our record against them is generally pretty appalling as well. Our away record is close to Highbury/Emirates levels of bad, even most of our draws come about through undeserved last minute equalisers for them. **** them!

• Like 2

Living in NW Leics, nr Ashby, Derby are the big rival here not Forest.

But it’s all the treacherous glory-hunting Liverpool and Man United ‘fans’ with Leicestershire accents who live in the area that disgust me most.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Derby and Coventry are parodies of themselves. Jokes of clubs that almost deserve our pitty. For a rivalry you need hatred. Can you imagine hating a fly that you've just stepped on mercilessly? No.

Forest on the other hand are so hate worthy, it's actually difficult to explain. The best I can do is probably to describe the scenes at City Ground when Clive Clarke was having a heart attack at half time. They were 1-0 up and the game was cancelled. The song from the terraces? 'Same old Leicester, always cheating.' Just scum, basically.

Anyway, we replayed the fixture, gave them a goal and still won anyway.

To be fair they didn't know he was having a heart attack at the time.

Didn't stop them singing 'You're the pride of Pakistan' though on other occasions, among other racist stuff.

Then hiding behind a line of old bill outside Bar Amici afterwards giving it large when things got heated. Embarrassing.

As you said, scum.

Edited by Mapperleyfox

8 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Who do you dislike more ?

Derby or Forest.

Must be nice lording it over both!

Both really do mess it up do ..

We don't have any rivals. 

It's Derby and Forest, we're all on our own. 

02acc346-14c3-11e6-95eb-aaf30b46b489_128

• Like 3

Watching Gillette soccer last night was great viewing.

I dislike Cov the most , but Forest are very close 2nd.

Anybody following Leicester in the 80s and early 90s had to get use to them trying to belittle us, how times have changed. 

Edited by dayday

9 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Having gone to school and lived in Nottingham for many years, I'll settle for popping a pair of wellies on and wading to the shops through a river of salty red tears

Nottingham Forest are the only ones I feel is any kind of rivalry. Derby and Coventry are just nothing teams really. When we play them just feels like a routine game vs Bournemouth, not much rivalry really.

Would of liked Forest up tbh, something of a buzz being away at the City Ground. Winning there feels better.

8 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Derby and Coventry are parodies of themselves. Jokes of clubs that almost deserve our pitty. For a rivalry you need hatred. Can you imagine hating a fly that you've just stepped on mercilessly? No.

Forest on the other hand are so hate worthy, it's actually difficult to explain. The best I can do is probably to describe the scenes at City Ground when Clive Clarke was having a heart attack at half time. They were 1-0 up and the game was cancelled. The song from the terraces? 'Same old Leicester, always cheating.' Just scum, basically.

Anyway, we replayed the fixture, gave them a goal and still won anyway.

What a night that was!!

10 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Not with the rampant racist behaviour I've witnessed over the years at their ground. 

**** em. The last we were there they were signing 'a town full of pakis' like we were back in the seventies. Why would I want that derby? 

Would be an usual signing !

I was thinking the other day it's kind of a shame that we've got no real rivals at the moment. The closest is probably Spurs and that's only because of the bitter behaviour when we won the league, rather than them doing what literally every other club in the country did and say "Fair play, well done". 

Villa and Wolves are just nothingy. If anything, I feel there's a friendly rivalry with Wolves because of how we've both come up and developed. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

You can relish the thought of playing them if they hadn't bottled it and came up. But that's where it ends. No fan genuinely wants their rival to have success. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Learn humility, you red filth .....and maybe one day the football gods will throw you a bone.

For anyone who doubts the lack of humility just give this video a watch.

They love comparing them beating Malmo and whoever to us winning the league, not just fans, their journalists and former players too, shouting down anyone who dares disagree it was the best and they can’t stand the fact it’s not held as highly by the football world. Their greatest achievement and it’s not even seen as the greatest in the East Midlands. You do love to see it.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

We really shouldn't be taking the rise out of our neighbours!

Forest have had some great players over the years.

Off the top of my head, Wes Morgan, Martin O'Neiil, John Robertson, Gary Mills.

It's a crying shame that unless we draw them in a cup we will never play Forest ever again :)

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

You can relish the thought of playing them if they hadn't bottled it and came up. But that's where it ends. No fan genuinely wants their rival to have success. 

Thanks for the lecture on who's a fan and who isn't.  Personally, I like the idea of actually beating a rival in a game that matters.