Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Newcastle are gonna walk it. You heard it here first. Signing Fraser and Wilson alone makes their squad 4 times better.

Called it - and Fraser didn't even get onto the pitch. :ph34r:

Think it's probably best to reserve judgement on leeds until they face a team like burnley, crystal palace etc. The thing about liverpool is they like letting possession sides have the ball and try and play it around them so they can press them and force errors and like last year with norwich it made them look decent while they were getting battered 4-0. The difference this time around is that liverpool's defence had a shitter and leeds were also very clinical, i think i remember norwich having similar quality chances last year against liverpool but not finishing them, leeds arent known for being clinical either so this was probably an anomaly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Newcastle are just a better side than us now.

They're really not. They just beat a team twice as bad as you think you are. 

Newcastle were 20th in pretty much every metric last season and were lucky to finish where they did. A couple of decent players doesn't turn all of that around. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Think it's probably best to reserve judgement on leeds until they face a team like burnley, crystal palace etc. The thing about liverpool is they like letting possession sides have the ball and try and play it around them so they can press them and force errors and like last year with norwich it made them look decent while they were getting battered 4-0. The difference this time around is that liverpool's defence had a shitter and leeds were also very clinical, i think i remember norwich having similar quality chances last year against liverpool but not finishing them, leeds arent known for being clinical either so this was probably an anomaly. 

Watford the first time round were the best example, if doucore could shoot they win against them easily

Just now, The Bear said:

They're really not. They just beat a team twice as bad as you think you are. 

Newcastle were 20th in pretty much every metric last season and were lucky to finish where they did. A couple of decent players doesn't turn all of that around. 

From January onwards, we have been 20th in pretty much every metric. With absolutely nothing to freshen that up, I dont see what will change.

Just a few months back, we lost 4-1, yes 4-1! to ****ing Bournemouth, Solanke scored not 1 but 2 goals! 

We have been mediocre at best for the whole of 2020. People can pull faces all they like, but it's a cast iron fact.

I hope it changes.

• Like 3

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

From January onwards, we have been 20th in pretty much every metric. With absolutely nothing to freshen that up, I dont see what will change.

Just a few months back, we lost 4-1, yes 4-1! to ****ing Bournemouth, Solanke scored not 1 but 2 goals! 

We have been mediocre at best for the whole of 2020. People can pull faces all they like, but it's a cast iron fact.

I hope it changes.

Unfortunately I can't disagree with any of that. I'm not sure where people's confidence in us is coming from

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I hope it changes.

Statistically we were actually expected to be 6th second half of the season, but we werent clinical and the other teams were clinical against us. It's interesting that apparently both halves of the season had similar statiscally predicted outcomes but first half we ended up 2nd and second half we were 14th on form. Think people overrate how good we were first half and how bad we were second half.

• Like 2

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Unfortunately I can't disagree with any of that. I'm not sure where people's confidence in us is coming from

Since Norwich at home, we have struggled to break teams down, struggled to score, had absolutely turgid sideways football, no quality final ball, no creativity to find a way through teams, and worrying after lockdown we seemed to also lose the ability to defend as well. We were so easy to setup and play against for pretty much any opposition. I really hope something reinvigorate them but let's face it if getting into the Champions League isnt enough motivation to win a few games, I am not sure what else there is!

• Like 1