Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

Will be interested to see if they can maintain this level all season.

This is the Bielsa style of play. They won't be able to keep it up all season because they will get injuries and the style will tire players out. Over the last two seasons, every time they have ad bad patches it's because the games catch up with them. The run this season between Decemebr to February will be killer for them.

But having said all that, this is they style of play that Bielsa is famous for and he's pulled it off at multiple clubs. There is a reason why he is so well regarded in world football, even if he hasn't won all that much. I'm not a fan of Leeds, but I am a fan of Bielsa - he's a class coach.

• Like 2

Fourth officials really are pointless apart from holding the sub boards up. 

They seem to spend most of their time nannying whinging managers. Which is another bug bear of mine. What is the point of moaning at him? What's he gonna do, run on the pitch and tell the ref to change his mind? 

You just have to love it.

The constant love in.

The commentators just spent the last TEN MINUTES going over and over platitudes about Leeds "being famous again", being on for a "famous point", being "back where they belong".

Then their defender commits an absolutely Championship-standard clanger to throw away the "famous point", last 4 minutes notwithstanding.

You just have to - and I must really stress this point - love it.

Not much time for Liverpool but the arse-kissing from the media throughout has tipped this for me. I'll be glad for a Scouser win.

:shakey:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Fourth officials really are pointless apart from holding the sub boards up. 

They seem to spend most of their time nannying whinging managers. Which is another bug bear of mine. What is the point of moaning at him? What's he gonna do, run on the pitch and tell the ref to change his mind? 

You'd change your mind on this comment if you'd ever stood in a *technical area*. Passions run high even at lower level football.