Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

I think we need to factor in some of the changes/ improvements we have made. We have a large number of young players we can expect to improve. We have had time to evolve our tatics/approach. We are actively looking to recruit and have a very good recent history of recruitment. We are a good if not great lcfc team. We have the potential to be as good if not better than most of the Leicester teams I have ever known. 

Football is very psychological, and negativity can spread. We are where we are, it.could be better but it could be much worse. We are on the eve of the new season, so let's get behind the lads and push them on to be as great as they can be. Come on you blues. 

Edited by lcfc81
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Think people overrate how good we were first half and how bad we were second half.

I watched us since Christmas, we have definitely been shite. They are not many teams that have served up as much insepid tripe as us in that time, the ones that have are in the championship and even 2 of those beat us in the 2nd half of last season!!

10 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Newcastle are just a better side than us now. They have progressed we have regressed, failed to build on our squad position last year. I think we are in for a long hard season. 

Good performance from them and they've done some really good business. Makes it even more frustrating we've only made one signing going into tomorrow's game. If we just had a new CB/Winger it would give us a much needed boost.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adster said:

We ain't even kicked a ball yet this season and you're coming out with mad bollocks like this?

What a fvcking pleb you are. 

Good well thoughtout reply as usual. Perhaps you would like to explain why we are going to be so good being as we won 4 games since January? The Happy Clapper brigade make me laugh! Newcastle have added 2 quality signings for good fees, we have sold Chilwell and brought in a right back. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I watched us since Christmas, we have definitely been shite. They are not many teams that have served up as much insepid tripe as us in that time, the ones that have are in the championship and even 2 of those beat us in the 2nd half of last season!!

Im not saying we werent bad, we definitely were, but i think a lot of fans seem to only pay attention when we put the ball in the net, there were a few toin coss games in the second half that didnt go our way while in the first half we seemed to be lucking out on winning games that could have gone either way almost every time. Basically what im saying is we were lucky a lot in the opening half of the season and that luck completely went against us in the second half with the chances we missed. For example people probably look fondly on the sheffield 2-1 away win and the burnley 2 -1 home win and think negatively of the burnley away loss and the spurs loss but we had better chances in both the losses than we did in both the wins.

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Im not saying we werent bad, we definitely were, but i think a lot of fans seem to only pay attention when we put the ball in the net, there were a few toin coss games in the second half that didnt go our way while in the first half we seemed to be lucking out on winning games that could have gone either way almost every time. Basically what im saying is we were lucky a lot in the opening half of the season and that luck completely went against us in the second half with the chances we missed. For example people probably look fondly on the sheffield 2-1 away win and the burnley 2 -1 home win and think negatively of the burnley away loss and the spurs loss but we had better chances in both the losses than we did in both the wins.

Of course there were some games we won, that perhaps we didnt deserve to 1st half the season. We were also exceptional in a few games too. We could break teams down and open them up with quick accurate passing. We did certainly have some bad luck 2nd half but we were also god awful against Everton away for 20 minutes, against Bournemouth, Norwich, Brighton at home. We were tactically inept at Spurs away. 

I really hope we have summoned some urgency from somewhere instead on the sideways ponderous football. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, polska2000 said:

We haven't even kick a ball yet and people writing us off ffs we got injury problems we will struggle I'm sick of people thinking we are man United or Chelsea we are leicester city calm down and enjoy

You know what I actually am not bothered if we try to win a game of football and lose to a genuinely better team. It's when we try to get a 1-0 win against relegation fodder by playing sideways/backwards boring football I get pissed off. Try and win a football match and maybe the fans will be a bit more enthusiastic! we spent the latter half of last season trying not to lose.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Good well thoughtout reply as usual. Perhaps you would like to explain why we are going to be so good being as we won 4 games since January? The Happy Clapper brigade make me laugh! Newcastle have added 2 quality signings for good fees, we have sold Chilwell and brought in a right back. 

Just curious as to who from Newcastle’s first eleven (including their two quality signings) you’re swapping for our first eleven?

• Like 1

Commentators fear they will be branded racist with a new list of banned words making some feel like they have to 'walk on eggshells'

All major broadcasters put commentators through an 'avoiding racial bias' training session last week, with words and phrases including 'cakewalk', 'nitty gritty', 'sold down the river' and 'uppity' among those prohibited

The news that a number of phrases have racist origins surprised some. But instructions that describing a player as having 'pace and power' could be a form of racial stereotyping are also seen as challenging.

Edited by HankMarvin

2 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Newcastle are just a better side than us now. They have progressed we have regressed, failed to build on our squad position last year. I think we are in for a long hard season. 

Proportion and perspective. 

It is easier to improve on shit, just sprinkle a bit of glitter for example. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oxtonfox said:

Cmon lads let’s wait for at least six games before ringing alarm bells. We have two relatively  easy fixtures for starters and Im hoping we have woken from our lockdown slumbers ready for tomorrow. Gulp ! 

Even 1 game would be an improvement. 

Hell, even 20 mins /naming the team would be an improvement in this place right now. 

I expect a dull game and rusty players, but some here will explode and play I told you so. A broken clock is still right twice a day though. 

45 minutes ago, Phube said:

Just curious as to who from Newcastle’s first eleven (including their two quality signings) you’re swapping for our first eleven?

St maximin would be incredible in our team i think. His numbers arent great but football seems to come so easy to him, if he was surrounded by quality i think the sky's the limit.

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

From January onwards, we have been 20th in pretty much every metric. With absolutely nothing to freshen that up, I dont see what will change.

Just a few months back, we lost 4-1, yes 4-1! to ****ing Bournemouth, Solanke scored not 1 but 2 goals! 

We have been mediocre at best for the whole of 2020. People can pull faces all they like, but it's a cast iron fact.

I hope it changes.

In 1990/91 we nearly got relegated to the 3rd tier for the first time in our history, still just history though ain't it. 

Disclaimer: I also hope we do good though as well. 😊