Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

9 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Awful officiating in the Brighton game. You've got to feel for them, a bizarre decision  and should have stood.

Think he blew the whistle before the ball in which meant VAR had to disallow the goal.

Should have either waited till the WBA team were ready or not gone back on his decision to disallow that goal .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Think he blew the whistle before the ball in which meant VAR had to disallow the goal.

Should have either waited till the WBA team were ready or not gone back on his decision to disallow that goal .

Based on the referee's actions, the decision was correct. The question is, what was Lee Mason actually doing blowing for the freekick and then blowing again? Only he will know.

• Like 2

I thought the the free-kick could be taken if the ball was stationery and in the right place(ish). If the defending team aren't ready then tough. The keeper doesn't have to stand by his post, there doesn't have to be a wall, often free-kicks take longer to allow the attacking team the chance to bring defenders forward.

I didn't see any reason if he'd blown his whistle as to why he's blown it again and disallowed the goal. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Bruce is cracking up.

IMG-20210227-WA0005.thumb.jpg.9e7071efa54b3ec87ede8cda31c15eeb.jpg

You see it happen so often in the prem. Managers under absolutely ridiculous pressure and end up talking waffle in press conferences, totally against their normal character. Quite sad really. Seen it with Mourinho, Pearson, Van Gaal, Bruce over recent years.. 

Couple of them are obviously a bit crackers but you get my point 

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Also around quick freekicks. Look at rugby, as long as it happens in front of the referee, let it happen. It happens all over the pitch but as soon as you get close to goal, the referee is in charge and delays it.

Let's all slow the game down and disadvantage the attacking side. **** you pgmol. I have always suspected that referees secretly hate football. [sorry - I reckon a lot of refs love football and that's why they do it - for nothing - for the love of the game] But once you start paying them and setting up a ltd company to rule it all and have Mike ****ing Riley in charge, the game has gone. I genuinely think Mike Riley hates football - if he doesn't then he must be thick as pig shit because he is ruining it.

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Also around quick freekicks. Look at rugby, as long as it happens in front of the referee, let it happen. It happens all over the pitch but as soon as you get close to goal, the referee is in charge and delays it.

You mean like the Wales vs England match yesterday? :P :@

5 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Based on the referee's actions, the decision was correct. The question is, what was Lee Mason actually doing blowing for the freekick and then blowing again? Only he will know.

Sorry can’t agree, to the letter of the law the decision was incorrect. 
The referee blew his whistle to restart play, Brighton though quickly and scored a perfectly legitimate goal.

There is no reason in the rule book for that to be disallowed.

It is one of the those where you’d be pissed if it goes against you, but it is a goal. 

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

The referee blew his whistle to restart play, Brighton though quickly and scored a perfectly legitimate goal.

It is one of the those where you’d be pissed if it goes against you, but it is a goal. 

Depends - as the sole arbiter of the game, The referees decision is final. If he blows the second time to stop the game then the goal doesn’t stand depending on whether the ball had crossed the line before he blew.  his reasons for blowing a second time are sort of irrelevant ..... If he blows then he blows 

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Technically if the Refs second whistle went before the ball crossed the line then VAR have got it right according to the rules/laws 

it’s Lee Mason who has made a complete hash of it 

9 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Technically if the Refs second whistle went before the ball crossed the line then VAR have got it right according to the rules/laws 

it’s Lee Mason who has made a complete hash of it 

Oh it’s 100% Lee Mason and the FA or the Premier League need to look at this game and take it as the last straw from this guy and he should be out. 
The question is why does he blow a second time? Does he have a reason to blow and does that whistle come before the ball hits the net.

Anyway you look at it Mason has ****ed up big time.

The funny thing is, there are players in off side position and possibly interfering with the GKs line of sight.

If Mason allows the goal then VAR rule it out for offside, that’s probably then end of it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Trouble in paradise? 

A different version of this said it was due to klopp considering the Germany job. 

Not sure Gerrard is ready for the Liverpool job but I'd be happy if he was appointed and did badly. 

20 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think Gerrard is nailed on to go to Liverpool, especially if he continues a good job at Rangers. I think he'll he hoping Klopp stays a few more years yet though. 

I'd think he needs more experience, maybe experience managing other clubs first. His Rangers side have been brilliant this year, but Celtic have basically fallen off a cliff.

Rangers are a big club for sure, but Liverpool are another few steps up, would he be given the time he had at Rangers? I doubt it, given Lampard was let go after a few months bad form.

Gerrard will no doubt end up at Liverpool but he'll have watched Frank and Ole with caution. Liverpool will put unrealistic expectations on him and he seems canny enough to realise that. 

If he's sensible, he'll win something with Rangers and give Celtic a proper title fight. It's not been hard for him to win the league this year, when the only other challengers have done so badly. Then maybe he should come to England and do a few years with a mid table team before stepping up.

Still an absolute c0ck though

Why would Gerard take a step down like that? Surely the only way to go would be to take the Celtic job - biggest job in the world. 

On a serious note he should take a look at what happened to Frank. It’s too soon for Stevie G. Needs a bit more experience than non-league. :ph34r:

Gerrard should be wary of taking the Liverpool job too quickly and possibly ending up like Lampard. Given his legendary status, he’s always going to get a pop at the managers job.

Personally think he’s far better off just building up his experience and knowledge with Rangers and possibly another club before he considers Liverpool.