Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

7 minutes ago, Koke said:

I mean, did you prefer them when they had Chris Houghton and played negative dire football? They're still finishing 15th but ateast they're watchable now. 

I get very angry about teams who play good football and are still crap. I actually think it's an insult. How can you scrap about for points like they do, spending the money they've spent and create as many chances as they do and still be so very bad at winning games? People should stop praising them and call them out for what they are, underachievers and I see no positives there.

20 minutes ago, Vulpine Victor said:

Would he have got away with it if he had left out the word “Arab” or would that just have been sexist?

What???

The issue with what he said was that it was discriminatory. If he left put the word "Arab" it wouldn't have been. 

Also, calling someone a cvnt is no more sexist than calling someone a d!ck. Its not. 

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I get very angry about teams who play good football and are still crap. I actually think it's an insult. How can you scrap about for points like they do, spending the money they've spent and create as many chances as they do and still be so very bad at winning games? People should stop praising them and call them out for what they are, underachievers and I see no positives there.

I agree. Their xG is insane and Brighton's xG is practically a meme now. And I agree about wasting money. But they are doing many things right. They're two goal scorers away from being a decent mid table team. 

I'd rather the Premier League had Brighton than Crystal Palace. One is playing football but missing a proper striker, the other has been stinking up the league for years. 

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Wolves are badly missing Jimenez, add his 12-15 goals a season and they'd comfortably be in the top 8. When your top goalscorer has 5 goals after 25 games, you'll always be struggling.

Saying that they are pretty shit to watch:D

Nah not this season, even with Jimenez Wolves are no where near the level of Everton or West Ham.

When you look at the quality of the top 10 sides, Wolves come up well short. 
They let too many first team players go and didn’t replace any of them with quality.

1 minute ago, Koke said:

I agree. Their xG is insane and Brighton's xG is practically a meme now. And I agree about wasting money. But they are doing many things right. They're two goal scorers away from being a decent mid table team. 

I'd rather the Premier League had Brighton than Crystal Palace. One is playing football but missing a proper striker, the other has been stinking up the league for years. 

Hopefully they give us an easy 3 points again soon anyway, I shouldn't grumble haha.

6 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Let's be honest, if the bottom 3 weren't so absolutely terrible and were actually able to compete, Wolves would be in a relegation battle.

Only if the bottom 3 were really good. I don’t know of a team that would still have 12 games to go on 33 points being in a relegation battle. Teams stayed up on 36 points before. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Let's be honest, if the bottom 3 weren't so absolutely terrible and were actually able to compete, Wolves would be in a relegation battle.

(please please please don't take this as a dig)

Let's be honest, if Man City weren't so very good, they'd not be so far ahead...

Just to say the xG thing with Brighton is forgets a crucial failing of how the statistic can be judged. 

The pattern of a game can be affected by the opposition scoring and giving up possession far more to give Brighton chances. Therefore it suggests they give away some very easy goals in the process too and probably conceded first. Their pressing probably isn’t good enough either to give up easy chances to them as well

2 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Only if the bottom 3 were really good. I don’t know of a team that would still have 12 games to go on 33 points being in a relegation battle. Teams stayed up on 36 points before. 

And West Ham went down on 41.

My point is that not only would the bottom 3 have more points, other teams would, in return, have less.

7 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Nah not this season, even with Jimenez Wolves are no where near the level of Everton or West Ham.

When you look at the quality of the top 10 sides, Wolves come up well short. 
They let too many first team players go and didn’t replace any of them with quality.

Tbf they're only 6 points off 8th although they have played a couple of extra games. Maybe top 8 is a stretch but they would definitely be top 10 IMO. Usually anyone with a goalscorer that gets 15+ goals is comfortably above relegation.

That Silva lad upfront has done **** all, I know he's only young but he was 30m!

• Like 1