Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Is winning 21 games in a row not remarkable? His remark about the winter being "hell" seems more a general comment about the Premier League schedule than an assessment of Man City's specific circumstances

• Like 4

Man City spend a **** load, but winning 21 games in a row is remarkable. Is that 7 wins needed now for them to win the title? They play United at the weekend so if they win that it could pretty much end it then, they could then rest some of the first team purely for CL matches.

I reckon 75/76 points will be enough to win them the league.

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

I just feel at the moment Chelsea are one defeat away from it all starting to go wrong. They've done okay so far under the new gaffer without being special. Just be interesting to see how they react after one defeat.

We'll find out after tomorrow!

18 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I just feel at the moment Chelsea are one defeat away from it all starting to go wrong. They've done okay so far under the new gaffer without being special. Just be interesting to see how they react after one defeat.

I've not been impressed with the new Manager yet, especially considering their squad and the usual new manager "bounce" you tend to get. 

Think you are right and a loss or two, could turn his start from an average one, into a bit of a mini crisis of confidence. 

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

I've not been impressed with the new Manager yet, especially considering their squad and the usual new manager "bounce" you tend to get. 

Think you are right and a loss or two, could turn his start from an average one, into a bit of a mini crisis of confidence. 

He's been lucky they have had really good run of fixtures, the only tough fixture was against Man Utd where even though they were at home, they choose to park the bus. The final four fixture looks difficult, they face Man City away, Arsenal home, Leicester home and Villa away, top four for them maybe tricky.  

22 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

What's happened Chris Kamara?

He was a trending name on the Google search page with the word 'ill'.

If you click the blue links you’ll get more info. 

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Sometimes you have to look at who is injured too. For example, Palace might have 7/8 fringe players injured whereas us or Liverpool have 6 starting XI players out. So the above is a good indication but possibly still limited in giving the "whole picture".

5 hours ago, Guest said:

Is winning 21 games in a row not remarkable? His remark about the winter being "hell" seems more a general comment about the Premier League schedule than an assessment of Man City's specific circumstances

5 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Man City spend a **** load, but winning 21 games in a row is remarkable. Is that 7 wins needed now for them to win the title? They play United at the weekend so if they win that it could pretty much end it then, they could then rest some of the first team purely for CL matches.

I reckon 75/76 points will be enough to win them the league.

Not remarkable in the slightest imo

In a condensed season like this, of course the teams with the best squads will win. Man city have 3 different top 4 standard 11s of course they will do better when most are struggling. I will never call a club remarkable when there reaction to conceeding a few goals to leicester is to splash another 50m+ on a defender... of course they will get it right eventually.

Id be more impressed if they did this when everyone was fully fit. And dont get me started on the games they skipped 'due to covid' in the hardest  part of the season. The fact you guys still give them credit is baffling. They can get in the sea 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Sometimes you have to look at who is injured too. For example, Palace might have 7/8 fringe players injured whereas us or Liverpool have 6 starting XI players out. So the above is a good indication but possibly still limited in giving the "whole picture".

No matter how you look at it Palace are having the hardest time with injuries. Loads of them are first team and most of them have been long term and have been out for ages and are going to be out for a lot longer still. Another one that is interesting is Newcastle, I think they have 6 out but they are almost exclusively injuries to their best players.

Edited by peach0000

Dear Sky, 

Why have you not provided this game in UHD?

I was looking forward to pausing the screen to enjoy the Turf Moor floodlights glistening off Sean Dyche's baldy napper in stunning high definition.

:mad:

Andy Cole is actually comforting.

If there is one thing I have missed during lockdown, it is ignoring a wazzock on his own in the pub corner, offering an opinion about football which betrays an utter lack of knowledge or research.

Andy Cole is pub-corner-chatwazzock, but with a more expensive roll neck and jacket combo.

Bravo.

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Not remarkable in the slightest imo

In a condensed season like this, of course the teams with the best squads will win. Man city have 3 different top 4 standard 11s of course they will do better when most are struggling. I will never call a club remarkable when there reaction to conceeding a few goals to leicester is to splash another 50m+ on a defender... of course they will get it right eventually.

Id be more impressed if they did this when everyone was fully fit. And dont get me started on the games they skipped 'due to covid' in the hardest  part of the season. The fact you guys still give them credit is baffling. They can get in the sea 

They have probably the best squad in the world I won't deny that, but they've been without their main striker for months and I don't think he's actually scored for over a year. They started off poorly and Pep has turned them round. Conceding 17 goals in 27 games is ridiculous, especially when most of them were at the start of the season and 5 of them in one match.

United have spent just as much as them, but are miles behind. It takes a lot more than spending money to get it right, the money is obviously a massive help but there's a lot more to do. Winning 21 games in a row is a fantastic achievement, regardless of how much you've spent.

47 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

No matter how you look at it Palace are having the hardest time with injuries. Loads of them are first team and most of them have been long term and have been out for ages and are going to be out for a lot longer still. Another one that is interesting is Newcastle, I think they have 6 out but they are almost exclusively injuries to their best players.

I was just using Palace as an example. The Newcastle stat is quite powerful in context. Any injuries are bad but of course some more than others.

• Like 1