Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

I think VAR just wanted some work to do there...

I thought liverpools pressing is insane, but peps is now back on that insane level

like battery powered bunnies

brilliant side as they are I am a cynical git on it all as people know of my previous posts on here.

Normal teams tire near the end of matches at least a little

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, twister said:

I thought liverpools pressing is insane, but peps is now back on that insane level

like battery powered bunnies

brilliant side as they are I am a cynical git on it all as people know of my previous posts on here.

Normal teams tire near the end of matches at least a little

Normal teams don’t have 70%+ possession every game or can play the entire game in the opposition half! Compresses the space

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Normal teams don’t have 70%+ possession every game or can play the entire game in the opposition half! Compresses the space

Thats also true but its the pressing thats insane outside of the second half against west ham they never come off it

Liverpool were the same last year

Its almost inhuman the fitness levels. But your right they are a superb side I mean their bench is ridiculous, as I said their huge favourites again next year

1 minute ago, twister said:

Thats also true but its the pressing thats insane outside of the second half against west ham they never come off it

Liverpool were the same last year

Its almost inhuman the fitness levels. But your right they are a superb side I mean their bench is ridiculous, as I said their huge favourites again next year

I agree, when the top teams are at their best it’s literally impossible for the other team to even get out

43 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

and to think they might sign messi in the summer if he's still got the mardies at Barca!  God help us all

I wasn't sure how realistic this was last summer but things seem to have deteriorated at barca and now man city have reverted to dominant mode, it could be this year. 

4 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Man City can press relentlessly because they have a fully fit squad with 2 £50m players for every position, meaning they can rotate continually and keep players fresh. 

Most other teams have flogged the same 12 or 13 players for week after week and they're all spent as a result.

However good Man City are, though, it still rankles how they pulled a fast one over Xmas claiming they had a massive Covid outbreak when it became clear later they hadn't (look at the team they were able to field in the following game). That was the one point in the season when their squad was a bit stretched and they were due to play Everton away only 2 days after their previous game. By getting the match called off then they got much needed rest and avoided having to play a tricky fixture at a time when they were depleted and couldn't rotate the same quality into the team. They'd have probably still won the league but that was unfair in my view.

And they got away with financial fair play 🤣🤣

Amazing squad but so unfair 

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

Not sure where else to put this but it's absolutely superb.

The way the ref belts it to the corner of the box lol

I don't remember Greavesie's syrup being quite so atrocious.  Well done Saint for not laughing and pointing.

• Haha 1

Pep Guardiola believes Manchester City have "come through hell and done something more than remarkable" by overcoming a tough winter schedule to extend their winning run to 21 games in all competitions by beating Wolverhampton Wanderers.

During that time they have played 21 games in all competitions, reached the final of the League Cup, the quarter-finals of the FA Cup and taken control of their last-16 Champions League tie against Borussia Monchengladbach.

"In winter time in England it's hell and in that time we did something incredible," Guardiola told BBC Radio 5 Live Sport. "It's more than remarkable.

You have to feel for them don't you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, davieG said:

Pep Guardiola believes Manchester City have "come through hell and done something more than remarkable" by overcoming a tough winter schedule to extend their winning run to 21 games in all competitions by beating Wolverhampton Wanderers.

During that time they have played 21 games in all competitions, reached the final of the League Cup, the quarter-finals of the FA Cup and taken control of their last-16 Champions League tie against Borussia Monchengladbach.

"In winter time in England it's hell and in that time we did something incredible," Guardiola told BBC Radio 5 Live Sport. "It's more than remarkable.

Really must be hell struggling through with a virtually fully fit squad of twenty five £50m players.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

Not sure where else to put this but it's absolutely superb.

The way the ref belts it to the corner of the box lol

That celebrity refs page is hands down the best bit about twitter IMO. Absolutely love it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davieG said:

What an absolute muppet