Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, FellowBlue said:

Man City fan here! Sky and the media are a joke. They are full of United and Liverpool fans who do nothing but “big up” the red teams and write negative stuff about others. For us Man City fans, we are delighted that you are second after yesterday. Not an easy game for you with all your injuries, but it was good to see “our” man Kelechi step up and bang one in. Hopefully today, we will tear United apart and help you out a bit more. Maybe by then it will be clear to the media which two blue teams are first and second. Common City’s!

All but the most delusional Leicester fans (there are a few) will be cheering you on today.  :D

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FellowBlue said:

Man City fan here! Sky and the media are a joke. They are full of United and Liverpool fans who do nothing but “big up” the red teams and write negative stuff about others. For us Man City fans, we are delighted that you are second after yesterday. Not an easy game for you with all your injuries, but it was good to see “our” man Kelechi step up and bang one in. Hopefully today, we will tear United apart and help you out a bit more. Maybe by then it will be clear to the media which two blue teams are first and second. Common City’s!

Good to see "our" man, Mahrez helping you guys out.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Fulham really need to stay up. Play good football, nice Club and Scott Parker is an excellent Coach.  Brighton much the same. So should the Magpies go down with the Pub Teams? 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Surely Sky didn't actually announce City and United as 1st and 2nd?!

I really hope Fulham get at least a point here, potentially going into April with a 9+ gap on Liverpool would be amazing, especially when they've still got European football to play.

I don’t understand people’s issue with this sort of thing. This place is a constant stream of neediness for attention. Leicester fans are quite happy to repeat the fact that we haven’t dropped out of the top 4 all season, yet seem to have a problem when Sky use the same measure (gameweeks) to make this a 1st v 2nd clash. I don’t see many pointing out we have in fact been out of the top 4 this season because we were halfway through a weekend.

Edited by Kopfkino

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Fulham really need to stay up. Play good football, nice Club and Scott Parker is an excellent Coach.  Brighton much the same. So should the Magpies go down with the Pub Teams? 

Unfortunately Burnley and Palace can't go down as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Newcastle relegated at fulham's expense.? Certainly hope so.

Being married to a Fulham fan does give me a vested interest in this though.

• Like 1

Fullham are playing well against the perennial victims right now. Come on Fulham, If I had to shoes between Fulham and Brighton going down, I think I’d go for Brighton. Then again, I’d prefer Burnley and their inbred fans to go down, but don’t see it happening. I feel that Newcastle are just too big a club and belong in the Prem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

I don’t understand people’s issue with this sort of thing. This place is a constant stream of neediness for attention. Leicester fans are quite happy to repeat the fact that we haven’t dropped out of the top 4 all season, yet seem to have a problem when Sky use the same measure (gameweeks) to make this a 1st v 2nd clash. I don’t see many pointing out we have in fact been out of the top 4 this season because we were halfway through a weekend.

I haven't got an issue with it, just seems silly to announce it as 1st vs. 2nd IMO.

What's going on with Liverpool? You hear a lot about injuries but this first team (Jota, Kieta, Salah, Shaqiri, Robertson...) should be doing way better and they have a bench full of first team players (Mane, Thiago, Fabino, Oxlade, Origi, Alexander-Arnold...).  I don't get it. When you compare this team to the one we played against Burnely or the bench we had against Brighton. 

• Like 1