Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

5 minutes ago, FellowBlue said:

Fullham are playing well against the perennial victims right now. Come on Fulham, If I had to shoes between Fulham and Brighton going down, I think I’d go for Brighton. Then again, I’d prefer Burnley and their inbred fans to go down, but don’t see it happening. I feel that Newcastle are just too big a club and belong in the Prem.

Two shoes? :)

Got a lot of fondness for your club, many friends who support them, but let's not pretend both your and my club don't have their fair share of self-pitying victims.

• Like 1

Have to say if Parker was our Coach,  he would teach Madders a lot about fashion. His jacket today is very smart. Checking Fox and Crop now.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Two shoes? :)

Got a lot of fondness for your club, many friends who support them, but let's not pretend both your and my club don't have their fair share of self-pitying victims.

Yeah, don’t disagree with you there. Many of us long time Man City fans try to remain objective and don’t forget who we are and where we came from. Obviously times are good right now, but we often look back at the “fun times” when we were up and down the divisions.  Then there is always the “typical City”  tag that was always with us. Even today on our forum, with our amazing form, some folks are not confident of a win, but that’s why we watch the beautiful game. 

• Like 1

Just now, FellowBlue said:

Yeah, don’t disagree with you there. Many of us long time Man City fans try to remain objective and don’t forget who we are and where we came from. Obviously times are good right now, but we often look back at the “fun times” when we were up and down the divisions.  Then there is always the “typical City”  tag that was always with us. Even today on our forum, with our amazing form, some folks are not confident of a win, but that’s why we watch the beautiful game. 

I know one bitter blue who is very noisy whenever the ECL draw is made and it's not easy for you, yet mysteriously quiet about conspiracies when it's more favourable.

Did you see our match thread yesterday?

Klopp doesn't seem to be able to galvanise the reserves and youngsters at the moment. Rodgers, to his credit, has coaxed more than expected out of Fuchs, Albrighton, Amartey etc.

There's no way, even with the changes, that Fulham should go to Anfield and dictate the game to this extent.

2 minutes ago, FellowBlue said:

That's what I admire about Man City fans, we've tasted a bit of success and the entitlement of some of our fan base is an absolute disgrace. 

12 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

What's going on with Liverpool? You hear a lot about injuries but this first team (Jota, Kieta, Salah, Shaqiri, Robertson...) should be doing way better and they have a bench full of first team players (Mane, Thiago, Fabino, Oxlade, Origi, Alexander-Arnold...).  I don't get it. When you compare this team to the one we played against Burnely or the bench we had against Brighton. 

Agree, I think there's a couple of things going on, whilst the front three is pretty stable the rest changes match by match and like an F.A.Cup side with lots of changes it doesn't gel but mainly for whatever reason they haven't got that electric tempo going forward or that intensity of pressing, possibly due to no real pre-season and the back to back games, they look lukewarm (apart from when they played us at Anfield!) and a shadow of themselves. However as you say there's enough names there on paper to be a very good side. Then there's confidence which I'd suggest is shriveled at the moment. 

• Like 1