Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Where’s this sack talk coming from?? There’s zero chance Klopp gets the sack. He might walk in the summer (he’s got previous with how he left Dortmund) but no way he’s pushed.

This season for many reasons is a Frankenstein monster of real football; no fans, home games being played in other countries, a usual 9 month season crammed into 7 etc and history will view it as such, nothing should be read into this whatsoever.

Next season when fans should be back and the schedule is back to normal. If they’re still in free fall then maybe they’ll be questions but this not this season 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Staffs Fox said:

Where’s this sack talk coming from?? There’s zero chance Klopp gets the sack. He might walk in the summer (he’s got previous with how he left Dortmund) but no way he’s pushed.

This season for many reasons is a Frankenstein monster of real football; no fans, home games being played in other countries, a usual 9 month season crammed into 7 etc and history will view it as such, nothing should be read into this whatsoever.

Next season when fans should be back and the schedule is back to normal. If they’re still in free fall then maybe they’ll be questions but this not this season 

"Zero chance", given his record this season and a Club who crave success I wouldn't want to be in his shoes!!

6 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

My point is if you were to bring in Wes now against say Man City.  You do the maths.

Still dont get the point. 

If amartey, Evans fofana and cags were all out and we had to field Wes alongside, say, Wilf at centre  half....I don't think many PL teams could.call upon such a decent fifth choice CB. 

Liverpool can't - as evidenced by their recent form

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

And I thought some of our fans moaned RAWK match thread is a right laugh.

Half time: Liverpool 0-1 Fulham (redandwhitekop.com)

The guy who has done a minute by minute record of the ref’s decisions is hysterical.  Even funnier that he says he is taking an ‘impartial view’.

Isn’t there an Arsenal fan that used to do the same thing?  Come to think of it it’s probably the same person who changed allegiance when Liverpool started being decent. He’ll turn up on Blue Moon soon.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

He's won a champions league with a premier league team in fairness to him

As I stated, to back up my point 

Mourinho 25 major trophies (highlights 6 top 5 league titles, two champions league, one Europa League)

Ancelotti 20 major trophies (highlights 7 top 5 league titles, 3 champions league, a few club world cups)

Pep 29 major trophies (highlights 8 top 5 league titles, 2 champions leagues)

Compare that to Klopps 9 major trophies (1 champions league and 3 top 5 league titles)

That's why I said that he's a level below the other three currently. He still needs to prove himself for me to be considered in the same conversation as the others who are some of the best managers of all time. 

Edited by peach0000

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

He's won a champions league with a premier league team in fairness to him

Father Time waits for no man.  Football evolves and moves on.  Coaches some remain in a time warp. May be? He has run out of ideas😕?

9 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Imagine the meltdown on here if we had lost 5 home games in a row and then were 1-0 down at home to Fulham 🤣

Our major melt down was in 16/17. Ended up with Claudio getting sacked. 

I wonder if Liverpool will do the same. We can repay the snakes 🐍  comments like they did to us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

"Zero chance", given his record this season and a Club who crave success I wouldn't want to be in his shoes!!

Yep Zero Chance this season,

Liverpool are a club who crave success but they’re not Chelsea who are completely  ruthless. Rodgers got a whole season plus 10 games or so after they finished 2nd, even though they were shite and he hadn’t won them the Champions League and Premier League. I think he gets time because of that