Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Wait, we've spent £380m on transfers over the last 5 years? And Man City have 'only' spent £818m? 

I would not have guessed ours was so high

We spend, but we sell to spend.  FWIW, I sourced the data from

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

I can't vouch for its accuracy either way.

On 31/03/2021 at 17:49, RowlattsFox said:

It's definitely excuse making from Boothroyd but I do think the under 21s are hard. All other age groups you tend to be able to pick all the best players in that age group, they've usually played together through the age groups. By the the time they reach under 21 some of them of drifted away, not got enough senior football or if they do breakthrough and are good they'll be fast tracked into the first team. Especially when you're seniors are rubbish lol

Squads always seem a bit of mis-mash, players get picked because they are are only players in that age group playing in the premier League or out on loan in EFL..

But yeah, that doesn't go away from the fact that Boothroyd is a shit manager. Not sure what kind of manager would want it though, either someone to gain managerial experience or someone who has been shit elsewhere.

one for Lampard?

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

one for Lampard?

Probably if he fancies it.

Modern day player turned manager so will have the full respect of the squad.

Had the International experience

Plays the style of football the FA will want to see implemented.

But is club management seen as more important and rewarded than managing the England Youth teams.

I suspect the FA were probably hoping Steve Copper would stay in the system and move up into the Under 21’s role but he choose to go to Swansea instead as a new career move.

Looking at the teams around us this weekend, you'd expect Chelsea, Tottenham. Man United and Everton to win. Everton have been throwing some poor results at home in so Palace may get something.

West Ham have a difficult game at Wolves and Liverpool will hopefully find it tough at Arsenal, a couple of draws there wouldn't hurt.

• Like 1