Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

17 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

One of the best strikers the premier league has ever seen. Never liked Man City but always admired David Silva and Aguero. 

Agreed. Massive admiration for David Silva. I can't stand Liverpool either but could watch Xabi Alonso all day long. Two absolutely brilliant footballers.

From a purely-LCFC point of view, glad to see the back of Aguero, he's torn us a new one more than once.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lnkstern said:

According to a Sky Sports News infographic, Jack Grealish is the most fouled player in the Premier League at 100 fouls.  Sadio Mane is second at 64 fouls against.

Many of us believe Grealish goes down quite easily in attempts to draw fouls.  Are his actions sufficient to create this large lead in fouls?  Or is he also a target because of his talent?

Both options may be true.

There are far more talented players than Grealish who are statistically fouled less. 

It's a combination of two things, partly its his diving yes. But it's also his style of play, he looks to draw fouls, he holds on to the ball and positions himself looking to be fouled. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Agreed. Massive admiration for David Silva. I can't stand Liverpool either but could watch Xabi Alonso all day long. Two absolutely brilliant footballers.

From a purely-LCFC point of view, glad to see the back of Aguero, he's torn us a new one more than once.

Surprisingly, he hasn't really. Scored four in one match but his only other goal was a consolation in that 3-1 game.

• Like 1

Just now, Corky said:

Surprisingly, he hasn't really. Scored four in one match but his only other goal was a consolation in that 3-1 game.

That time he smashed in four against us has obviously scarred me then lol

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I feel the same way with Scott Brown at Celtic and further  Scottish football, both such great architects.

• Haha 1

I was watching some premier league content on BIEN earlier. They asked Dion Dublin  and Don Hutchinson for their teams of the season so far. Both picked Kasper as their keeper, Dion picked Jonny Evans as well, but that was it for Leicester players. Not a single Liverpool player made the list.

Edited by Webbo

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Me being the twat I am pointed out to the one who I was watching with that he's got a surprisingly poor record against us, right before the 5-1.

Aguero has been class for them, but I think for the past 2 or 3 seasons he's faded. We saw even Nacho managed to score loads of goals in that team, if they get Haaland or Kane they'll be untouchable at the top for a couple of years. I remember me saying that Aguero just bullies the smaller teams scoring 4 or 5 goals in one game then doesn't do anything for 3 or 4 games, my mates told me to shut up lol

It's annoying seeing other teams put up statues, let us have one FFS, give Vardy one!

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

I was watching some premier league content on BIEN earlier. They asked Dion Dublin  and Don Hutchinson for their teams of the season so far. Both picked Kasper as their keeper, Dion picked Jonny Evans as well, but that was it for Leicester players. Not a single Liverpool player made the list.

Sums up liverpool season most of the squad are having a below average season including the manager. 

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Kane or Haaland I reckon.

Haaland maybe more difficult to get at the moment. Kane finally sounds like hes realising that'll he win nothing at Tottenham. 

Aguero will be sad to go, hes been a joy to watch and always been so professional throughout. I wonder where is off USA or China?

Feel sad about Aguero likely leaving the Prem, such a brilliant brilliant player and goalscorer. Managed to combine a brilliant all around game with being a ruthless predator and led their line brilliantly. They need to spend big to replace him because G.Jesus as good as he is cannot fill those shoes.

7 hours ago, Gravel said:

Let's hope they don't plan to trigger Nacho's buyback clause

Obviously this is a joke but unless I’m imagining this, itk’s had stated that if we make the champions league the buy back clause is void. 

7 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Haaland maybe more difficult to get at the moment. Kane finally sounds like hes realising that'll he win nothing at Tottenham. 

Aguero will be sad to go, hes been a joy to watch and always been so professional throughout. I wonder where is off USA or China?

If the £75m clause is true, he probably isn't that hard to get. I'd argue Kane would be more difficult to get unless he pushes. 

10 hours ago, Webbo said:

Not surprising that not many of ours made this team as most of them have had lengthy spells on the sidelines. Really surprised that Youri wasn't picked, though. Who got in ahead of him in their CM? Please don't tell me Souchek! Good player and all that but Youri is a much better all round player.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Where is Aguero going, to Spain? 

He hasn't signed a contract anywhere yet, or one isn't public at least. He's odds on to go to Barcelona. 

It would make sense. He's probably the only active footballer closer to Messi on a personal level than Neymar and Barca can't afford Neymar. If they can sign his BFF for free, that along with bringing back a popular former chairman could help them keep Messi. 

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Obviously this is a joke but unless I’m imagining this, itk’s had stated that if we make the champions league the buy back clause is void. 

37.5m if we don't make CL

50m if we make CL

(according to Nigerian news sites at the time of the transfer) 

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Not surprising that not many of ours made this team as most of them have had lengthy spells on the sidelines. Really surprised that Youri wasn't picked, though. Who got in ahead of him in their CM? Please don't tell me Souchek! Good player and all that but Youri is a much better all round player.

Souchek was in Hutchinsons team. I can't remember all of them I think Gundogan (have I spelt that right?) made both teams. 

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

If the £75m clause is true, he probably isn't that hard to get. I'd argue Kane would be more difficult to get unless he pushes. 

That's the problem there will be so many choices for him I mean if its between city, bayern, PSG or real Madrid. Then its difficult, in terms of kane I think there the only club willing to stump on him plus hes got premier league experience.

• Like 1