Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

5 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Less scrutiny absolutely makes sense but if he sells a Championship club it's going to be at a lower value than a PL club surely?  Big Mike will not like losing £££, would he really plan that?

I know what you're saying, this is where I heard it anyway and my explanation was just a vague version of what's said in here, it might be complete rubbish but you never know if there's something like this going on.

52 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I know what you're saying, this is where I heard it anyway and my explanation was just a vague version of what's said in here, it might be complete rubbish but you never know if there's something like this going on.

Your man on here raised the same point, Ashley doesn't do anything where he'll lose money BUT raises a very good alternate theory. Ashley hasn't got the multi million pound price he wanted and the sale through in the PL. If he's done a 'deal' where he doesn't lose money, but it's easier to get the sale through if they are in the Championship, it's a theory which makes a lot of sense.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yep that’s true you never know. And there’s an awful lot of crazy stuff that happens behind the scenes at every club that the fans won’t have a clue about. This however does seem a bit of an attempt for views maybe from a YouTube? But like you said, you truly never know. 

Say what you want about him, Ashley is an incredibly astute man who won’t sell unless the deal is one million percent right for him. 

9 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Your man on here raised the same point, Ashley doesn't do anything where he'll lose money BUT raises a very good alternate theory. Ashley hasn't got the multi million pound price he wanted and the sale through in the PL. If he's done a 'deal' where he doesn't lose money, but it's easier to get the sale through if they are in the Championship, it's a theory which makes a lot of sense.

That's what I mean, explains it all a lot better than I did, could well be something along those lines - I don't know how else you explain such little urgency to arrest the slide.

45 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

That's what I mean, explains it all a lot better than I did, could well be something along those lines - I don't know how else you explain such little urgency to arrest the slide.

Ashley certainly isn't acting like a Chairman desperate to avoid relegation. If that theory is his plan, they get relegated and sold, it could be the best thing to happen to them in years. Get rid of Ashley and rebuild.

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

I haven’t watched the video but... if he’s got one prospective buyer and they can’t buy whilst in the PL, Ashley’s asset isn’t really worth a great deal to him.

Is he making money through them? 

If he wants to sell, they’re worth the buyers price. They can’t buy while in the PL, so they’re worth what he can get in the Championship.

Unless they have infact done a deal. The price would be lower anyway as they’d be buying a Championship club (missing out on the years TV money etc). 

r/lcfc - Found this on twitter from @experimental361, our 22-25 age base is looking very strong!

Saw this on Reddit today, shows average age distribution of all squads in the Premier League. If it wasn't already exciting enough to be a Leicester fan, this shows that the majority of our squad is still a few years away from their physical peak. If we keep all of our young players together, in 2-3 years we will genuinely have a chance to compete for the title. Our squad is already supremely talented, and yet has plenty of room for development.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 27/03/2021 at 14:23, Fox in the North said:

I must admit I’m surprised that players’ agents don’t sit their client down and trawl through/delete every bit of crap they’ve ever posted. Or get a media firm to go through it for them.

On 27/03/2021 at 14:42, FoyleFox said:

Or upon signing your pro contract, someone in the club's social media team deletes all the historic crap. 

Social media has been around for long enough now that things which may have been acceptable once or that people may not have been so aware it wasn't, are now very unacceptable but could be loitering out there.

When I speak to Uni students, I advise them to search for certain toxic words in their social media and delete the posts because they might come back to haunt them.

Footballers should just bulk delete before they get close to the first team.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

r/lcfc - Found this on twitter from @experimental361, our 22-25 age base is looking very strong!

Saw this on Reddit today, shows average age distribution of all squads in the Premier League. If it wasn't already exciting enough to be a Leicester fan, this shows that the majority of our squad is still a few years away from their physical peak. If we keep all of our young players together, in 2-3 years we will genuinely have a chance to compete for the title. Our squad is already supremely talented, and yet has plenty of room for development.

Palace really have a huge rebuilding job to do. Loads of older players and loads of players out of contract in the summer. If Hodgson leaves then put a tenner on them going down next season.

16 hours ago, RGFox said:

Btw who knew dion dublin lived on filbert St as a kid! Mentioned during the wortho piece on football focus yesterday.

Burnmoor Street I think. He mentioned it before, probably when he played here. 

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Palace really have a huge rebuilding job to do. Loads of older players and loads of players out of contract in the summer. If Hodgson leaves then put a tenner on them going down next season.

Could have easilly been us. Pre Puel we had an ageing, rigid team with one or two star players. Weve managed to evolve thankfully into a flexible, modern, freeflowing, young football team.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

When I speak to Uni students, I advise them to search for certain toxic words in their social media and delete the posts because they might come back to haunt them.

Footballers should just bulk delete before they get close to the first team.

Im genuinely surprised it’s not made a contract condition these days lol I’d hate having to look at my old social media posts mind you :sweating:

According to a Sky Sports News infographic, Jack Grealish is the most fouled player in the Premier League at 100 fouls.  Sadio Mane is second at 64 fouls against.

Many of us believe Grealish goes down quite easily in attempts to draw fouls.  Are his actions sufficient to create this large lead in fouls?  Or is he also a target because of his talent?

Both options may be true.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lnkstern said:

According to a Sky Sports News infographic, Jack Grealish is the most fouled player in the Premier League at 100 fouls.  Sadio Mane is second at 64 fouls against.

Many of us believe Grealish goes down quite easily in attempts to draw fouls.  Are his actions sufficient to create this large lead in fouls?  Or is he also a target because of his talent?

Both options may be true.

Think you've answered your own question -- both.  Plus, when a side rely so heavily on a single player, it's not unusual for the opposition to kick the hell out of him to try to keep him off his game.

• Like 1

Confirmed Aguero to leave Man City at the end of the season. He's been outstanding over the last 10 years.

Will they go for Haaland as his replacement?

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Confirmed Aguero to leave Man City at the end of the season. He's been outstanding over the last 10 years.

Kane or Haaland I reckon.

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

That would certainly destroy their record price for a transfer.

Makes more sense than thinking they'll go for Messi though.

20 minutes ago, Gravel said:

Let's hope they don't plan to trigger Nacho's buyback clause

Personally I'd still take our money back on Nacho.

A couple of months a go many would have taken a £10m fee for him now people are worried Man city will get him back for £40m.

I never thought he was that bad when he was bad or this good when he's good. Very happy to see him sign a new contract but just as happy to sell for the right fee.