Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

19 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Rice getting injured is massive for West Ham. I'll be honest, I thought he was massively overrated but watching him in games recently, I've changed my opinion, I think he's a very good player, controls the game really well from midfield. 

Tbf I thought he was overrated until we played them earlier in the season. I thought he was superb that day and from then on has impressed me whenever I've seen West Ham.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Rice getting injured is massive for West Ham. I'll be honest, I thought he was massively overrated but watching him in games recently, I've changed my opinion, I think he's a very good player, controls the game really well from midfield. 

I feel fans of other teams are quick to critique other teams’ players. As in how possibly can their player X be better than our player Y. Likewise we will always big up our own best players, again, could you imagine a Leicester team without Youri Tielemans now? Personally I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. It’s always worth checking other fans forums to see their opinion of a certain player. Far often than not the player in question’s ability will probably be in between what his team’s fans rate and what everyone else rates (unless they’re Messi or Ronaldo then they’re obviously god tier lol). I bet Declan Rice is a pretty impressive player but not necessarily world class yet.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I think Rice does a lot of things we probably don't notice and I would absolutely love to have him here. He should absolutely be putting pressure on Maguire in the England team. 

You know Rice is a midfielder, right?

There's some funnies in the BBC match text especially from this guy.

Is Tom Davies the most underrated player in the Premier League?

Lee Gallagher

I think Sigurdsson is the most underrated player in the Prem, maybe Europe

Lee Shaw
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

He ruled out attempting to sign Aguero due to him having played for Man City. He then had a dig at the players who had played for both Man United and Man City. 

Let him say that in Front of Dennis Law baying fans...Scottisch & neutral English..!!!

One of the best Forwards in Football since the 60s...

Greavsie at the Time was my 'English' (european) star..but Law's career gave me those young kids Split loyalties

Unlike some I like Ole & believe hes leading Manutd into better days, But like Ferguson, he can come out with some plain stupid remarks..!!

I Dont particularly like Manutd, but can acknoweldege, respect their History  Tradition & achievements...

They dont get forgotten because of bellend remarks from player, ex or present legends....

If We Leicester are to follow their achievements, we either have to walk in their steps, or hold up a parallel line...

Like L'pool ,Manutd are a Great club....Man.City before winning the Lotto had a History I would of been Happy to equal.

Its humerous, Great Fun to Enjoy the clashes & banter exchanges, but we are the Club that want to earn the right to mix it with the

Big boys...its right for us on the Pitch to be fearless & upset the fancy-dons &  take down them a peg or two, but fans have to Show some

humility even respect for others  past achievements, or we sound or become like some of those fan-bases, we often detest, Else we debase ourselves

by playing too close to the envious hypocrosy-side-of the line....

Then that eagerness Leads to frustration,where we become blind to being able to enjoy the period and its History making moments,

then turn cynically easily on our very "own" who are in that process of history-creation..when we have

Our  own Ole, playing or off-field sticky moments....

Hanging onto sportsmans every word or remarks ,Shows our own Lack of lifes drama..!!