Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Stating the obvious here, but despite our loss, pretty much all the other results this weekend have gone our way – apart from United's, of course.

With 8 games to go and the pressure being on in every game, every single point counts. 

Will be a thrilling end to the season for everyone from Man U to Villa. And the longer it stays in our own hands, the more confident I become!

Funny how cream always rises to the top. Everton are just about out of the CL race now, and I suspect West Ham will be by the time Rice is fit again.

So that leaves us & three of the ‘rich 6’ scrapping for the last two places. 
I fancy us tbh, whatever happens next Sunday. We’ll win one of that last three, unless our injury situation gets worse.

3 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Funny how cream always rises to the top. Everton are just about out of the CL race now, and I suspect West Ham will be by the time Rice is fit again.

So that leaves us & three of the ‘rich 6’ scrapping for the last two places. 
I fancy us tbh, whatever happens next Sunday. We’ll win one of that last three, unless our injury situation gets worse.

Smashing Spurs in front of our first crowd of the season to confirm Top 4? If Carlsberg did Football and all that... :brendan:

Then again, I thoroughly hope we go into that game without it on the line like last season! A celebration of our team, a la the QPR 5-1 in the Great Escape season, would be a wonderful welcome back for the fans. :scarf:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Another good result

It's actually been an okay weekend for us, we might even be better placed for top four than we were before the weekend?

Man Utd winning wasn't that bad for us but Liverpool was. Every other team so far has dropped points they couldn't really afford to if they're serious about catching us. We lost at home to Man City which was the likely result but:

Chelsea lose to West Brom at home.

Tottenham draw at Newcastle

Everton draw at home to Crystal Palace

Just need Wolves to get any result tonight. We're far enough ahead that solitary points don't really make an impact on our lead.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

As Neville said, they never step up to the next level, literally ground hog day team, 

How depressing must it be to go to their awful stadium and watch that garbage year in year out . At least they’ll soon have some new surroundings to enjoy dross football in 

9 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Totally agree. They go 1 up at home to Palace and just park the bus, replacing a wing back with a CB and James with a CDM. Serves them right when Palace equalised.

It's bizarre as Ancelotti has always been a very attacking manager but his tactics at Everton are baffling. Often plays 4 CB's across the back 4 and always shuts up shop with a 1 goal lead, did the same vs us and were hanging on for dear life after we equalised.

• Like 1