Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The racism on social media is pretty much out of control in the sense that it seems something happens after every game 

surely the time has come for players to put their accounts on hold (and clubs for that matter) until the platforms actually police it effectively 

I’m not on Twitter (really never seen the point), what happens then, and who’s targeted this time? 

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

I’m not on Twitter (really never seen the point), what happens then, and who’s targeted this time? 

I believe Davinson Sanchez was abused with racist emojis on his account. 

I simply don’t understand how people are just able to get away with it - of course there are those with mental issues who may not understand what they’re doing (well they do but will be excused).   Those who are responsible should simply be charged and publicly shamed in the local media.  That will hopefully act as a deterrent to others and it, like many things of this nature, will become socially unacceptable. 

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I believe Davinson Sanchez was abused with racist emojis on his account. 

I simply don’t understand how people are just able to get away with it - of course there are those with mental issues who may not understand what they’re doing (well they do but will be excused).   Those who are responsible should simply be charged and publicly shamed in the local media.  That will hopefully act as a deterrent to others and it, like many things of this nature, will become socially unacceptable. 

It already is socially unacceptable. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The racism on social media is pretty much out of control in the sense that it seems something happens after every game 

surely the time has come for players to put their accounts on hold (and clubs for that matter) until the platforms actually police it effectively 

Agreed, they don’t seem to have a problem taking down content that breaches copyright quickly and effectively 

Edited by FoxesWalk

11 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We're still closer to 2nd than 3rd.

Chelsea have had an argument in the dressing room yesterday and a scrap at training today. I think we've got a spirit about us this year that I didn't see last year, could be wrong but we've passed a lot of big tests this year. Still plenty to pass but I'm still confident.

Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see what West Ham do tonight and next week. That 3 goal capitulation may well have caused some lingering aftermath. 

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not in the anonymous world of social media it isn’t ......

Saw a lot of people had reported the culprit and had recieved responses from the platform saying the offending post hadn't breached the platform's guidelines. Can only see it getting worse as the social media platforms don't give a toss (verified accounts = less views =less revenue) and are giving people (in the loosest sense of the word) opportunity to behave disgracefully with zero consequences. 

After our mildly disappointing loss at the weekend it’s nice to hear news about Chelsea moral capitulating or injuries to certain key rival players. Still miffed about slab head getting away with murder and Brighton blowing it.

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see what West Ham do tonight and next week. That 3 goal capitulation may well have caused some lingering aftermath. 

I'd say their run in is pretty nice in comparison to ours. Their next two games are massive for them (& us). The Rice news could be very significant for our season.

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Ole complaining about players jumping between rival clubs is such a stupid rant. Especially regarding Aguero, where most teams in world football would love to have him. 

He really is a bellend. 

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Ole complaining about players jumping between rival clubs is such a stupid rant. Especially regarding Aguero, where most teams in world football would love to have him. 

What did Ole say?

5 minutes ago, sdb said:

I'd say their run in is pretty nice in comparison to ours. Their next two games are massive for them (& us). The Rice news could be very significant for our season.

Their final 5 games look pleasant on paper but their next few games are what could scupper them and leave them too much to do (hopefully)

Just now, UniFox21 said:

He ruled out attempting to sign Aguero due to him having played for Man City. He then had a dig at the players who had played for both Man United and Man City. 

Ah right, cheers. 

Is that a dig at his old team mates then? lol Schmeichel and Cole.

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Didn’t stop him signing maguire :ph34r:

Rice getting injured is massive for West Ham. I'll be honest, I thought he was massively overrated but watching him in games recently, I've changed my opinion, I think he's a very good player, controls the game really well from midfield. 

• Like 3