Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Slabhead took Dunk by the back of the neck and threw him down as the free kick arrived.  More stonewall than the first one IMO.

(no replay -- but I replayed it.)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

Slabhead took Dunk by the back of the neck and threw him down as the free kick arrived.  More stonewall than the first one IMO.

(It's not for a "big 6" club it doesn't count)

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

not sure this place is the most unbiased group of opinions ......

could it have been given - absolutely .....

But cast iron pen ?  

I just have a feeling that at the other end Dean would have jumped in and given it. If it had been given by the ref, VAR would not have overruled it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

uck it - bad weekend for us now 

Not that bad. I'd rather Utd have won than Chelsea and Spurs. 

More than happy for Utd to scab a similar win vs Spurs next week and Liverpool in a few weeks. I'm confident we'll do them at Old Trafford too, that win in the cup has proven we have their number now.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

More than happy for Utd to scab a similar win vs Spurs next week and Liverpool in a few weeks. I'm confident we'll do them at Old Trafford too, that win in the cup has proven we have their number now.

Going into this weekend I genuinely feared everyone around us winning and us losing. I know that’s unlikely but the fixtures weren’t kind. We’ve already had Chelsea lose and Spurs draw, with two still go matches to go. I’d say that’s pretty decent all things considered.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Finishing 3rd or 4th is fine..

Hope Manure beat Spurs next week. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Typical united!  Both were stonewall penalties.  I remember when they got given a penalty for a minor shirt pull by Morgan a few years back.  Why did VAR not look at that grab by Maguire?  Pathetic! 

15 minutes ago, Ricey said:

You just know Man Utd will lose to Spurs and Liverpool but fluff their way past all of the bottom half teams.

Leeds will get something vs Liverpool, I'm certain of it. 

Playing them at Elland Road in the midst of a tough CL 2 legged affair vs Real? All the best. 

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Missed that game but hearing it's the usual. Genuinely think Solskjaer's Man Utd side is the luckiest of all time, Zidane's Real Madrid the only thing close.

Out of the title race, out of the CL at group stage and the fa cup... they aren’t great just jammy at times keeping them in a lofty league position... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The racism on social media is pretty much out of control in the sense that it seems something happens after every game 

surely the time has come for players to put their accounts on hold (and clubs for that matter) until the platforms actually police it effectively 

Couldn't agree more. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We're still closer to 2nd than 3rd.

Chelsea have had an argument in the dressing room yesterday and a scrap at training today. I think we've got a spirit about us this year that I didn't see last year, could be wrong but we've passed a lot of big tests this year. Still plenty to pass but I'm still confident.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed.

On Betfair Man Utd had an implied 95% chance of qualifying pre match and now it's an implied 97.5% so not much has changed.

With Tottenham drawing it looks increasingly like any two from three from Leicester (66%), Liverpool (49%) and Chelsea (46%). *Implied chances in brackets

Edited by Gerard

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Out of the title race, out of the CL at group stage and the fa cup... they aren’t great just jammy at times keeping them in a lofty league position... 

not just a coincidence though. Every decision goes there way. 

That maguire trip they got away with would certainly have gone the other way if it was against them 

55 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Agreed.

On Betfair Man Utd had an implied 95% chance of qualifying pre match and now it's an implied 97.5% so not much has changed.

With Tottenham drawing it looks increasingly like any two from three from Leicester (66%), Liverpool (49%) and Chelsea (46%). *Implied chances in brackets

What about West Ham, a win tomorrow and they are fourth with 8 games to go. Surely they have a pretty decent chance?

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

What about West Ham, a win tomorrow and they are fourth with 8 games to go. Surely they have a pretty decent chance?

West Ham currently an implied chance of 15%, we'll know a lot more about their chances this time next week after their results against Wolves (a) & Leicester (h).

Tottenham 19% and Everton 7% for reference.