Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

17 minutes ago, enmac said:
Replying to
“Football is the most important of the least important things in life“ - Arrigo Sacchi. Effective protest important to draw attention to other issues - massive NHS waiting lists, nurses' pay, school funding, council cuts, Covid corruption, Johnson lies and media complicity

Oh can that melt just piss off and stay out of this?

It's like the other week where Labour were trying to skim off details of fans for their mailing list by disguising it as a campaign for change in football. Was literally based out of Labour North West's campaign office, but had all reference to the party hidden on its website. Was pretty obviously their doing though with Andy Burnham and Joe Anderson being it's main faces, though.

I know he's not directly involved with Labour anymore, but he's a Blairite, a supporter of the current party leadership and one glance at his twitter feed shows him as absolutely obsessed with one-upping "the Tories" wherever the opportunity arises, even if the context makes it tone-deaf as is the case here. He suddenly decided he shared the interests of football fans when the ESL thing blew up two weeks ago, and hasn't been able to open his mouth since without making it about Boris.

Politicians only care about this because they can benefit from it. In this case, the only input worth anything is the threats of direct action we heard from the government in terms of pulling policing for matchdays and barring ESL players from UK work permits. Anything else is point-scoring, not least this claptrap.

A cross-party approach would be fine if Labour was actually interested in it, but all I've seen from them is trying to get one-up on the Tories through this. Nothing new I guess, but if fans of the clubs can put aside their rivalry to band together on this, it would be lovely if the people in a position of power would do it as well.

Edited by OntarioFox

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

With any luck the others wanting the owners gone will do the same. 

If spurs managed it sky would have a proper meltdown. Poor souness. 

Spurs fans will be hoping all their rivals mass protest and get dock points so they can finally win something (and still fk it up somehow)!

Just out of interest I assume other pundits will be presenting the Spurs game from a studio now but had none of this afternoons events happened would they have presented the Spurs game from Old Trafford?

In essence i'm asking have they just gone off air from Old Trafford, packed up and gone home in a huff? Or was it always going to cut to a studio. Not than any of this matters, just find it amusing the thought they've packed up and gone off in a huff.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Don’t think Neville and Carragher can take the high ground. They were telling fans to do this about a week ago. 

They weren't trying to take the high ground. Only Dave Jones and, probably, his Sky producers were. Gutted because their big game isn't on. Carragher and Neville were rightly on the fans side.

2 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Not fully up to speed but what is to be gained by this ? Seems like an afternoon out for a bunch of idiots.No point the owners will not be interested and they have been there for 13/14 years is it

Shows the power of the fans though. To get the game called off is pretty significant. 

• Like 1

Just now, The People's Hero said:

Why can't you play Monday and Thursday?

Not to mention the fact they’ve got a 4 goal advantage against a dog shit Roma....

As someone who has been hit in the head with a bottle of beer (my cousin tried to do a summersault down the stairs and knocked a bottle out of someone’s hand, straight into my forehead), it won’t kill you. It ****ing hurts though. 

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

As someone who has been hit in the head with a bottle of beer (my cousin tried to do a summersault down the stairs and knocked a bottle out of someone’s hand, straight into my forehead), it won’t kill you. It ****ing hurts though. 

That’s a bottle though not a can. Glad you survived though anyway.

Never been a fan of United of Liverpool the super league would have made their clubs beyond reach for clubs Like ours but they stuck to their guns and protested against it ! I have huge respect for them that stood up and were counted, today was a huge move by them and I think all fans should support any initiative that protects our national sport, so today I Applauded them 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

This is bullshit mate, when I was 18  I got hit by only a half full can and it killed me. 

I've seen far too many people be hit in the face/head by cricket balls hit at a fearsome pace (and been hit myself, keeping wicket when the ball flicked the bails). When that happens you do momentarily wonder if they are dead. 

I think we can all agree that being hit by a can of beer is not ideal; but yet is still unlikely to kill you. 

When Bale signed I pictured this front 3 plus Alli playing all season but it's been rarely used for one reason or another. Feel they'll be flat track bullies and turn over Sheff Utd 3-0 or more, "Alli is back", "Jose was wrong" etc  but with two bomb scares - Aurier and Dire sorry Dier in the side it gives you a little hope at the other end. Just want a game that could go either way having had the main one cancelled.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

Fans have inconvenienced Sky.

For nearly 30 years, Sky have inconvenienced fans.

****ing shit, isn't it, when things are stopping you that you can't control? 

Maybe they'll think before putting fans on long distances on Sunday afternoons and Monday nights? Or giving fans two weeks notice before moving a match from Saturday 3pm to Sunday 12pm.

Sky being pissed off is my favourite part of this. Can't just turn down the microphones and pretending it's not happening on this one, lads.

I detest sky. 

But They haven't always been like this. In the early days they would froth at the mouth of Southampton v Newcastle or  Cov v QPR and genuinely stoked excitement in seeing Roy Wegerle or Les Ferdinand or Darren Huckerby.