Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

The fact these idiot pundits were speaking about Man United buying Harry Kane and Jack Grealish for £200m, and they didn't join the dots between that sort of thing, and the rule of money in sport and the whole ESL thing, is beyond parody.

I'm glad they do go against the ESL so much, obviously, but it's parody to me that they can't see the PL is a problem. Far too much money in it and they created this "top 6" thing.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I can't get over that comment haha. Sounded like something from a comedy. "Someone through a full can of beer".

I know what’s going on? A scotch man complaining about a free can of beer? Crazy scenes. 

• Haha 1

There were pr!cks throwing full cans of beer in the air even at our title celebrations on Vicky Park, and that was with kids in pushchairs in attendance. There are tossers everywhere when anything remotely of interest happens. Absolutely fair play to all the peaceful protesters today.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, majaco said:

This super league thing just keeps going too far.  

The idea was stupid to start with but now...  This fan protest thing in Manchester.   I had planned a domestic chore to coincide with watching the game.  So where does this fan protest leave my ironing plans?

Update:  I took one for football fans everywhere.  Ironing is done while watching an episode of The Walking Dead, some of the eponymous characters brought to mind a Coventry defence.  Or Luis Suarez.

• Haha 1

Between them they play on the 6th, 8th, 9th,12th,16th 19th & 23rd.

You would imagine they have to play this game before the 23rd, it might even be PL rules that they do.

It looks logical that they have to fit it in tomorrow.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Re: the rescheduling; wasn’t it the season we won the league when there was a bomb scare at Old Trafford? I seem to remember it was a security company balls up and the game was replayed after everyone else had played their final games. 

can’t recall if they had a formal punishment though

Yes - v Bournemouth in 2017 I think.

They just played the match the follow Tuesday.

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

There's got to be a point deduction for failing to fulfil a fixture.

Middlesbrough had points deducted in 97, so a precedent has been set.

Would probably be only for United though.

No. We don't want owners like that in the game. Fair play to the fans.

It would be hypocritical to bang on about shit owners and then dock Man Utd points for fans protesting against those owners.

If you wanna give them a point deduction then do it for trying to form / join the European Super League.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Surely Liverpool will be pushing for the points, even though the whole debacle is a huge part their fault.

That's a good point that they're both in the six, I'd feel sorry for the opposition if they weren't such as the Spurs v Sheff Utd scenario would be