Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Condolences to your friends and family, I hope they have been able to cope with your tragic loss at such a young age. 

I’d rep this but being dead has limitations sadly.

• Haha 1

This surely helps Liverpool more than Man. U and hinders us. Man City could wrap up the Prem League next weekend so Man U have no incentive to keep pushing, it gives Liverpool extra rest and makes Man u's fixtures more congested. Puts greater emphasis for a win on Friday for us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

When Bale signed I pictured this front 3 plus Alli playing all season but it's been rarely used for one reason or another. Feel they'll be flat track bullies and turn over Sheff Utd 3-0 or more, "Alli is back", "Jose was wrong" etc  but with two bomb scares - Aurier and Dire sorry Dier in the side it gives you a little hope at the other end. Just want a game that could go either way having had the main one cancelled.

You were right first time, no need to correct 👍

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

There's got to be a point deduction for failing to fulfil a fixture.

Middlesbrough had points deducted in 97, so a precedent has been set.

Would probably be only for United though.

Fair comment. United are culpable because their ground security must have been crap. Also 200+ fans don’t just materialise, where were the police etc. They must have had some intel or are you telling me that that many fans can keep a secret.

Fair play to fans, although I’ve always been anti the violence and vandalism a small minority seem to enjoy at these type of protests. SKY have come out badly, to them it’s always about the money and the so-called big six. 

12 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

This surely helps Liverpool more than Man. U and hinders us. Man City could wrap up the Prem League next weekend so Man U have no incentive to keep pushing, it gives Liverpool extra rest and makes Man u's fixtures more congested. Puts greater emphasis for a win on Friday for us.

Yanited are not chasing man city

their motivation to beat liverpool is obvious

If they need to win to extinguish Liverpool’s chance of top four then that’s going to be enough for them. The problem is more that they didn’t need to rest players ahead of this Thursday because of the four goal lead. If they rearrange this game ahead of the final then that doesn’t bode well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

their best.

I was more referring to what their game plan was, as I don’t really see one

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yanited are not chasing man city

their motivation to beat liverpool is obvious

If they need to win to extinguish Liverpool’s chance of top four then that’s going to be enough for them. The problem is more that they didn’t need to rest players ahead of this Thursday because of the four goal lead. If they rearrange this game ahead of the final then that doesn’t bode well. 

Yep, will go along with this, but when ever they play now, like you say, it is more likely to help Liverpool and hinder us.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

I was more referring to what their game plan was, as I don’t really see one

You are implying that they have a capable manager. They have heckingbottom man I mean his name says it all. 

5 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Son with another remarkable recovery from what appeared to be a near fatal injury. 

His powers of recovery are genuinely superb. Feared for him more there than I did for Sounness having heard about his near death experience.

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

You are implying that they have a capable manager. They have heckingbottom man I mean his name says it all. 

Yeah I get it that they are down, and this season is hopeless,  but play for next season, the next manager, the next club, or maybe it is that they need more guidance than Heckingbottom can give the,  :dunno:

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yeah I get it that they are down, and this season is hopeless,  but play for next season, the next manager, the next club, or maybe it is that they need more guidance than Heckingbottom can give the,  :dunno:

I think it has to be the latter. I can’t believe they spent so much on Brewster too and he hasn’t even scored.

Seen a few comments about the fact that the Man Utd match can’t be played tomorrow because they play in Europe on Thursday, but when playing in the Champions League you have to play Sat/Tues or Sun/Wed which is no different.

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

Seen a few comments about the fact that the Man Utd match can’t be played tomorrow because they play in Europe on Thursday, but when playing in the Champions League you have to play Sat/Tues or Sun/Wed which is no different.

It's more likely that it won't be played tomorrow because the two evening slots are taken and lunchtime/ afternoon kick-offs on a Monday (not public holiday internationally) would reduce viewing figures massively.

Plus it's probably too soon for the situation to have fully diffused.

I'm all for the fans causing havoc outside the stadium, maybe even blockading the buses from getting in, but getting inside the ground and vandalising stuff is a bit out of order. I find it a bit odd too. Kind of like breaking into your local pub and smashing the glasses. 

I'd laugh my balls off if Man Utd can identify some of them via CCTV and ban them! 

Just now, Corky said:

It's more likely that it won't be played tomorrow because the two evening slots are taken and lunchtime/ afternoon kick-offs on a Monday (not public holiday internationally) would reduce viewing figures massively.

Plus it's probably too soon for the situation to have fully diffused.

It's not a normal season though so they will have to work around it otherwise they will have issues end of season. Only other choice is play it Saturday 15th/Sunday 16th May and move the Liverpool vs West Brom game into the midweek before. It cannot be played after 23rd May.