Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Chilwell played well today, but also helped by a lack of pressing (and freedom given) by Palace and also by his teammates. His new teammates on the left side kept moving around to give him passing options, unlike what he had with Barnes here, so maybe Chelsea does suit him more. But for us, we are now better with Castagne and Justin.

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

In fairness though Fin, our best 11 now is probably only bettered by 3 teams, it’s just keeping our boys fit and confident and I don’t doubt we’ll achieve at least Europa League again 🙂 especially if we get another quality addition in 🤞 I worry if we have the injury volume of last season however.

Yeah absolutely my point is just, it's remarkable given what we've paid vs what Chelsea or United have. 

Chilwell didn't finish bottom of the match ratings last year for nothing, he was pants for most of the season. Maybe his head was elsewhere or maybe that is just him. I for one wasn't bothered when he left, I wasn't bothered when Maguire left, I had grown bored of Mahrez tantrums by the time he left. The only one I mourn in the modern era is Kante. If only he had stayed around for a few more seasons. Ah well. Never mind, the owners pulled in over £200mn on the way.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, MPH said:

chillwell playing a blinder. fair play to him

Yeah, goal and assist and good luck to him.  It does make you wonder about the post Christmas period when he was very average compared to 2019 and whether that was due to his head being turned by Chelsea interest.  We can't know but if that were the case then he let us down.

34 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Really pleased for Chilwell, excellent player who we never deserved or appreciated. He will go on to win a lot of trophies and be England’s number one left back for years to come.

I could never understand the hate he got on here, young lad come through our youth ranks and made it to the top level of the game and still wasn’t good enough for some of our support.

Fantastic player, who will only get better.

Hi Ben 👋 

Just now, TheMightySystem said:

Reckon Calvert-Lewin will keep this up for the whole season or be a bit like Pukki from last year, steamroll the first 10 games of so then go quiet for the rest of the season?

Fair play to him though, brilliant poaching so far.

Any other bases you want to cover? 🤔😉 

Great start by him to be fair though. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

Reckon Calvert-Lewin will keep this up for the whole season or be a bit like Pukki from last year, steamroll the first 10 games of so then go quiet for the rest of the season?

Fair play to him though, brilliant poaching so far.

Pukki was always going to run out of steam as Norwich were so poor and would ultimately revert to that. Everton look a decent side and DCL looks like he's starting to realise his potential.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Any other bases you want to cover? 🤔😉 

Great start by him to be fair though. 

Was asking a question to others rather then my own opinion lol. Personally think he is being played similar to Vardy, just stay in the dangerous areas as Everton seem to have the quality to build up play without him getting as involved as other teams would require him to. Think he will be on for 20 goals this season.

Early stages of the season but Everton finally looking a threat to the top 6 after a few seasons of mediocrity, be interesting to see if they keep it up.

• Like 1

I know it's not even half-time in this game, and I know Man Utd beat Brighton last weekend, but I think this match is really highlighting the difference between a top-level manager like Ancelotti and someone like Solskjaer.

Everton are really doing a job on Brighton today but last week Brighton really should've battered Man Utd.

That Doucoure signing gonna prove a masterpiece for Everton isn't it? James and DCL gets all the plaudits, but Doucoure is the guy holding it all together. Toffees gonna join us and Wolves in giving the old Big 6 a hard time this season. 

• Like 1