Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Castagne looks ten times the player Chilwell is so far tbh. Obviously we'll see how consistent he is or how well he does on the left but I've been very impressed with him so far. Really great signing. 

I'm not convinced I'd have Havertz over a fully fit Maddison in our "best" team. Madders has worked really hard to improve his game defensively and grow in to a really good all round 8 in a short time under Rodgers. 

I'm not convinced Havertz gives you that kind of graft. When you're on top in a game and he's got solid defensive cover behind him, he looks a cracking prospect as a 10 don't get me wrong. 

I definitely think our best 11 is better than theirs though. 

In fairness though Fin, our best 11 now is probably only bettered by 3 teams, it’s just keeping our boys fit and confident and I don’t doubt we’ll achieve at least Europa League again 🙂 especially if we get another quality addition in 🤞 I worry if we have the injury volume of last season however.

• Like 1

Chilwell and Maguire are both good players, but they aren't elite players in their own right. They perform well as part of a well functioning team. I'm surprised the elite clubs don't do more due diligence when buying players to make sure they're a good fit. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I was thinking who gets into our team.

I know they have Ziyech and Pulisic to come back but from their team today I would probably only have Havertz. I wouldn't have Kante over Ndidi. Barnes over Werner all day. Castagne over Chilwell remains to be seen but from what i've seen of him on the right I fancy him to be fine.

Pulisic and maybe Ziyech that’s all.

2 minutes ago, shailen said:

Chilwell and Maguire are both good players, but they aren't elite players in their own right. They perform well as part of a well functioning team. I'm surprised the elite clubs don't do more due diligence when buying players to make sure they're a good fit. 

When the teams set up to enhance their qualities and protect their weaknesses, they're brilliant players. But when Maguire is left isolated by pace or made to turn and run, he's weak. When Chilwell is made to do too much or "think" about a pass he's weak. 

• Like 1