Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Be great to look back on the Chillwell thread in a year, with the amount of people that used to say he was shit glad he is going etc.

But then look at the Fofana, Castagne and Under threads at the same time. Chilwell departure allowes these 3 to be brought in.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We see it time after time. 
The club sells a quality player and some of the immature plonkers on here suddenly start to suggest they weren’t that good anyway. 
And taking the piss.
It won’t change though 

I agree but Ben was incredibly frustrating at times for us, especially when he got himself in promising positions. 

Final ball and overall decision making were pretty poor at times. 

The market dictates that young English players go for a lot more more but, from what I've seen, Castagne looks a more than capable option at this early stage. 

Early days though but hope Ben does well there. 

But they win F%+k all😄😄

• Like 2

Really pleased for Chilwell, excellent player who we never deserved or appreciated. He will go on to win a lot of trophies and be England’s number one left back for years to come.

I could never understand the hate he got on here, young lad come through our youth ranks and made it to the top level of the game and still wasn’t good enough for some of our support.

Fantastic player, who will only get better.

• Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This thread today  :rolleyes:

Recency bias is my new favourite bias  lol

Tell me about it lol some ****er had us signing Adam Armstrong last week because he scored a hat trick against Derby! 

15 minutes ago, martyn said:

Rightly so on this showing so far. 

Was never a huge Chilwell fan but he has been excellent today. 

That’s what happens when he doesn’t have much defending to do.

Palace have hardly threatened today.

Despite his love for running sideways, we all know Chilwell is better going forward, rather than defending.

• Like 1

Chilwell will score goals, he's got a good shot on him and will support the attack.

They bought him to be a big player in matches against Liverpool, Man City, Man United, Tottenham and for his defending.

Yes, some might be bitter but questioning his defending isn't particularly petty, it is justified.

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

Except he wasn’t average. 

He’s a good, young player, that was under appreciated by 75% of this forum. 

I think he was under appreciated by 75% because, far too often, he was a 75% player. 

No doubt be does a lot of things well. His positioning, passing and energy is good, but he's not a great defender. He's also pretty inconsistent with the final ball. 

A good player, but not a great one and it's still 50/50 for me as to whether he'll be a Chelsea player and an England regular in 5 years time. One game in which Crystal Palace gave him the freedom of the pitch doesn't change my opinion - but time will tell. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

That’s what happens when he doesn’t have much defending to do.

Palace have hardly threatened today.

Despite his love for running sideways, we all know Chilwell is better going forward, rather than defending.

Now that final sentence I do agree with