Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

It's nice seeing Southampton doing well for a change, but come on, they're not really top are they? They just happened to have played earlier than everyone else. 

I doubt anyone would have made any fuss if we'd have gone top after beating Palace last Friday (which we would have done but for a shit decision from Lee Mason). 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It's nice seeing Southampton doing well for a change, but come on, they're not really top are they? They just happened to have played earlier than everyone else. 

I doubt anyone would have made any fuss if we'd have gone top after beating Palace last Friday (which we would have done but for a shit decision from Lee Mason). 

They are giving it the big one far too early. It’s the equivalent of celebrating a lottery win after getting the first number.

If they are in the mix after Xmas I’ll give them credit but will reserve judgement until then 

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Have you ever had a bad result that wasn't the result of poor refereeing? You seem like a really unlucky club

:appl::D    This made me really chuckle.

47 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

They are giving it the big one far too early. It’s the equivalent of celebrating a lottery win after getting the first number.

If they are in the mix after Xmas I’ll give them credit but will reserve judgement until then 

Yeah putting a screenshot on your social media channels of you top having played a game more than everyone else is horrendously small time. But I guess when you're allergic to winning trophies that's as good as it gets.

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

23 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah putting a screenshot on your social media channels of you top having played a game more than everyone else is horrendously small time. But I guess when you're allergic to winning trophies that's as good as it gets.

Or they're aware of their status and the fact (?) that they've never been top of the Premier League and are just having a laugh with it? I salute their social media team for that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Both Everton and Aston Villa fans have given it large already this season but have now had a dip in form. Notts Forest spout off early in most seasons that they have won promotion by November, although not this season funnily enough. lol

Having said this I do rate Southampton quite highly and think they could make a sustained challenge for the top 4/6 this season.

3 hours ago, jaqo88 said:

As long as it doesn’t dislodge us from achieving then why not?

The less NW & London teams in the top 6 the better!

Because it would totally devalue our title winning season. It would be then ‘doing a Leicester and Southampton’ doesn’t quite have the same ring to it does it. **** being on the same level as Southampton our club is special and should have the status of the famous title winners. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2