Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

20 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Because it would totally devalue our title winning season. It would be then ‘doing a Leicester and Southampton’ doesn’t quite have the same ring to it does it. **** being on the same level as Southampton our club is special and should have the status of the famous title winners. 

Not for me, seeing the 'big 6' crying about a smaller club winning the PL again would be a joy to behold. And besides we'll always be famous for 15/16 regardless because we were the first team to topple them without spending big.

For example, the holding midfielder role is still called the 'Makalele role despite others such as Kante doing it so effectively since.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Because it would totally devalue our title winning season. It would be then ‘doing a Leicester and Southampton’ doesn’t quite have the same ring to it does it. **** being on the same level as Southampton our club is special and should have the status of the famous title winners. 

Are you being serious right now?  Go support Liverpool or Man Utd if you want to see a closed shop league.

• Like 4

It's good to see other clubs around the top 6 than the usual lot. As long as we're there by the end of the season, I don't mind seeing clubs like Southampton and Everton up there too.

Southampton/Everton/Villa fans should all be happy with their starts and rightly so. It's not as if those fanbases have had much to shout about over the past few years.

44 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

How strange. So you just want to see the big clubs at the top of the league forever then? Minds well stop football with that attitude.

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

The Southampton guff has reminded me of that time Burnley qualified for the Champions League a couple of seasons back.

Southampton are a distinctly better team than Burnley are. Like us, if done right, they do seem to have the structure in place to establish themselves as a club to 1) challenge for top six regularly and qualify for Europe and 2) break that glass ceiling and disrupt that 'top six' ethos that Sky wank over every week. 

The only difference to us is that we chucked in a title win in the process. 

Burnley are pretty much nothing and their method of play isn't sustainable (as we are perhaps finding out this season). Stale as fvck. 

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Or they're aware of their status and the fact (?) that they've never been top of the Premier League and are just having a laugh with it? I salute their social media team for that

Yeah like I say going top for a few hours is a genuine highlight for them for a long long time so I don't really blame them for milking it.

• Like 1

I hope we do something like this for Rashford when Utd play at the KP. 

Purely in a non-football respective way. The stuff he did went beyond football and rivalries. He deserves respect for his efforts and a recognition of that as such. 

• Like 2

Also on the Southampton subject, their fans were excellent before and after the great escape season, and the title season, even though we beat them both times. 

Very classy after the 1-0 in the run in and the ones I spoke to were really desperate for us to see it out(especially as Spurs had nicked Poch) 

I hope they stay up there as long as possible, as long as it doesn't affect us

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I hope we do something like this for Rashford when Utd play at the KP. 

Purely in a non-football respective way. The stuff he did went beyond football and rivalries. He deserves respect for his efforts and a recognition of that as such. 

Absolute show of class. 

1 hour ago, deejdeej said:

Not for me, seeing the 'big 6' crying about a smaller club winning the PL again would be a joy to behold. And besides we'll always be famous for 15/16 regardless because we were the first team to topple them without spending big.

For example, the holding midfielder role is still called the 'Makalele role despite others such as Kante doing it so effectively since.

Well obviously it’s going to be called the Makelele role because he was the first to do it? 

53 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

How strange. So you just want to see the big clubs at the top of the league forever then? Minds well stop football with that attitude.

Not at all. Just don’t want our phenomenal achievement becoming a something that every Tom dick and Harry has.

• Like 1

Just now, TJB-fox said:

Well obviously it’s going to be called the Makelele role because he was the first to do it? 

Not at all. Just don’t want our phenomenal achievement becoming a something that every Tom dick and Harry has.

The only way our achievements will be surpassed is if a promoted side wins it in their first season in the prem. And even then, it doesn't take away what we did that year. Nothing will water that down 

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Are you being serious right now?  Go support Liverpool or Man Utd if you want to see a closed shop league.

lol Go dry your tears lad. Think how insignificant our title win would look if over the next 10 years West Ham, Palace, Soton, Norwich and Everton all won the prem. 

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

lol Go dry your tears lad. Think how insignificant our title win would look if over the next 10 years West Ham, Palace, Soton, Norwich and Everton all won the prem. 

Could be considered even more significant. We showed others it can be done. Trendsetters 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Could be considered even more significant. We showed others it can be done. Trendsetters 

Potentially. And all the memories and attachment and fun that came with it obviously can’t be replaced. I’m not sat here saying I want football to be dominated by big/rich clubs but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say I don’t want Southampton to win the league lol 

Some sensitive souls in here this morning, maybe a few too many lockdown tinnies for some last night!