Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

9 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Fair play to Southampton. 

After we battered them, they stuck with the manager and have been very impressive since then. 

One of the best sides I saw at the KP last season and tore us a new one tbh. 

Love to see someone else up at the top and always had a soft spot for them, as they were my lovely nans team💙

They did, but we still had 2 goals harshly ruled out and missed several sitters. They had a very dubious VAR decision go against them as well though, odd game. We were pony.

Fair play to Steve Bruce in the post match interview paying S’hampton compliments and then dealing with the interviewer saying  “ you got found out, Steve “, “ you were your own worst enemies, Steve” , “ you should have known what you were up against Steve” 

if that had been Pearson the interviewer would have needed  treatment to remove the microphone from his a**e 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Good, I like Southampton, nice to see them top, and hope they can get back to being a top 7/8 side, which is where they were before Liverpool pillaged them season after season.

It isn’t nice because they are above us, however I wouldn’t mind them finishing just behind us..... in 2nd lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They did, but we still had 2 goals harshly ruled out and missed several sitters. They had a very dubious VAR decision go against them as well though, odd game. We were pony.

That's typical big club arrogance, where just because you lost, you say they won because you were pony. 

We were a bit shit though😄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hollyfox said:

That's typical big club arrogance, where just because you lost, you say they won because you were pony. 

We were a bit shit though😄

It was really horrible and we'd taken the lead which usually gives us a great platform to turn teams over and yet we instantly collapsed ourselves.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It was really horrible and we'd taken the lead which usually gives us a great platform to turn teams over and yet we instantly collapsed ourselves.

Wasn't that the Chilwell howler game, where he did so many misplaced passes? 

Quite a few iffy performances all over though. 

You've started me off now and I've become entitled 😄

Hassenhuttl is the glue holding it all together at Southampton. They’re a competent team with a superb player in Ings and a couple of decent others but the likes of McCarthy, KWP, Bertrand, Bednarek and Romeu etc are upper mid table players at best. It seems like their recruitment has tailed off a bit too.

Come the end of the season I’d expect the usual 6 (aside from United if they don’t sack OGS) us, Wolves and Everton to finish above them.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

First time we'd lost at home from a winning position since the 2-5 to Arsenal.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Don’t mind them being up there temporarily but can’t have them winning the league! I want it to be us and only us that can break the big 6.

As long as it doesn’t dislodge us from achieving then why not?

The less NW & London teams in the top 6 the better!

• Like 3

Calendar Year 2020 points and averages 

Southampton 46 pts from 26 games - 1.77 pts

Leicester 35 pts from 25 games - 1.4 pts

Think Southampton based on a consistent run of form are are track for a cracking season.   

Put ares down for reference, but we were pretty shocking earlier this year.  

Good luck to them. They've bounced back from their humiliating drubbing by us last year and have earned the right to be top of the league. It really is a wide open race this year at present and there will be a number of clubs, including ourselves, will think they are in with a shout.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AS78UK said:

Calendar Year 2020 points and averages 

Southampton 46 pts from 26 games - 1.77 pts

Leicester 35 pts from 25 games - 1.4 pts

Think Southampton based on a consistent run of form are are track for a cracking season.   

Put ares down for reference, but we were pretty shocking earlier this year.  

Were we?! Hadn't seen it mentioned before :ph34r:

9 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Southampton will be off top before the international break. It’ll be either us, Liverpool or Spurs. I think Spurs on GD but I hope we can beat Wolves and take it(don’t fancy Liverpool at the Ethiad).

I don’t think we’ll play them at the Etihad so it’ll all be good 

• Haha 1