Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Absolutely pathetic from Alioski. Stupid from Pepe, looks a hell of a lot of worse in slow motion bit he goes down to get him sent off 

Sign of the times. They all do it. Pathetic but fashionable.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Even if alioski just drops to his haunches or turns holding his head and brings it to the refs attention, var would look at it and Pepe would be off 

I'm not 100% sure they would to be honest, unless the player makes a meal of it. It doesn't look as bad if players stay on their feet.

5 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

There’s an awful lot of shit punditry at the moment. 

The Harry Kane love in particularly grinds my gears 

He could do nothing other than take a massive dump in the centre circle all game and some would still award him man of the match and be waxing lyrical about his positioning and perfectly weighted stools 

The Kane thing really annoys me because yes he's a great striker, but he does miss quite a lot of chances. He shoots a lot, and scores a lots, but misses a lot too. Then when he does miss they talk about how unlike it is of Kane to do so. No its not, it very much like Kane to miss chances.

And the way Tyler screams his name if he's anywhere within 40 yards of the goal, like he's bound to do something amazing. Its not a given he's gonna smash one in from anywhere, he'll do it every now and then.

• Like 1

Regardless of Alioski's action it's a red card. No one should be excusing what Pepe did just because Alioski went down easily. 

You just don't headbutt anyone in football. Every single player knows it. Every fan and coach knows it. However Alioski acted is a moot point because any ref seeing it means it's a straight red. 

8 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

There’s an awful lot of shit punditry at the moment. 

The Harry Kane love in particularly grinds my gears 

He could do nothing other than take a massive dump in the centre circle all game and some would still award him man of the match and be waxing lyrical about his positioning and perfectly weighted stools 

It’s also this bielsa love in I find strange. Neville basically said he wouldn’t criticise Leeds yet they’ve conceded 8 goals in their last 2 games. Had they got promoted with say someone like pulis they’d be having a right go at them. 

If you genuinely nutted someone on the pitch, spreading their nose in a bloody mess, they would set the law on you, Duncan Ferguson style.

What happened there wasn't a head butt.  It was a light brushing and it shouldn't be called a head butt, as it just ain't the same thing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

If you genuinely nutted someone on the pitch, spreading their nose in a bloody mess, they would set the law on you, Duncan Ferguson style.

What happened there wasn't a head butt.  It was a light brushing and it shouldn't be called a head butt, as it just ain't the same thing.

Yeah. I don't think that should be the metric used in a game of football.

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

lol was more of a kiss than a headbutt

• Haha 1

Think this is going to be a very physical match. Expect some shxthouing from Klopp as they will be looking to intimidate us.

If we match up to them mentally and physically that's all I can really ask for. Let the chips fall where they may. 

Just want to see us fight from the start.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Yes. If anybody can convince me that the reaction was proportional to the contact made then fair play.

If only they'd explain to the players that a head to head like that will result in a red card

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 1

Just now, turtmcfly said:

If only they'd explain to the players that a head to head like that will result in a red card

Haha it was stupid by Pepe because by the letter of the law it's a red. I dont like it and I dont like that Alioski is allowed to fake a reaction to make it look much worse than it was.

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

No it’s not a dive, it’s just a shame we live in a world where moving your head a snail pace toward someone is classed as violent conduct. I blame the Lib Dem’s 😱

Agree. I used to greet my ex Mother-in-Law like Pepe and my Divorce Lawyer advised that this perfectly acceptable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

There is a little forward motion. It's a headbutt. End of. 

Slightly yes so you're probably right, but I would say it's inevitable to have forward movement as Pepe is moving towards Alioski. You or me would be embarrassed go to go down after that, why is it accepted that footballers can do that? I don't deny a Leicester player would be do the same thing by thee way.

It's probably a more wider point, and why I am increasingly going off aspects of football in general.

Stupid from Pepe though admittedly, not like he was reacting to a dangerous tackle or anything.