urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Calvert-Lewin really playing well this year, be a shame when he's an impact sub for England 

Which top club will buy him? Thinking it has to be Man City. Manure will try the roma approach for £50 million and get denied.

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Which top club will buy him? Thinking it has to be Man City. Manure will try the roma approach for £50 million and get denied.

Does he particularly suit either style? DCL seems to thrive off deliveries into the box. Man City you'd suggest he'd be better for, but not at the price wanted 

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Just can't see how Sheffield Utd are going to score goals consistently this season.

The lad from Liverpool seemed to be a panic but but going into a top flight season with Sharp/McBurnie/McGoldrick is criminal.

They didn’t score many between them last season (I’d say less than 10 without looking) but what they did do was keep clean sheets.

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I hope David Moyes starts getting a bit of respect, from his own fans and neutrals.

Even seems to have got a more entertaining style of play going.

Coufal and Soucek are excellent find also!

I reckon Soucek would be a good player for us if we didn't have Ndidi in the squad at all.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Does he particularly suit either style? DCL seems to thrive off deliveries into the box. Man City you'd suggest he'd be better for, but not at the price wanted 

He is a goal machine this year and they desperately need goals. Style wise i can agree with you on that but i just dont see how any top club wont try and get him. Man city always seems to have cash hence why i mentioned them. Splash the cash and take out competition is the name of the game.

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

The lad from Liverpool seemed to be a panic but but going into a top flight season with Sharp/McBurnie/McGoldrick is criminal.

They didn’t score many between them last season (I’d say less than 10 without looking) but what they did do was keep clean sheets.

The striker thing is massive. You've got to wonder why they didn't just go for one or two from Bournemouth... King and Wilson for example... even Fraser, they'd have bene a more attractive prospect than Newcastle given their season last year. 

The other big issue is the contract fall out with Lundstram which has lead to Wilder's refusal to start him. He's key to everything they do, he's their Soucek in the context of this game.

• Like 1

Ljungberg done more tactical analysis than anyone else on Sky in the last ten minutes. 

Earlier today as well there was a moment when Murphy did a little thing on how Cahill would mark him in his role as a 10, it was far more interesting than anything that had gone before that

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Fully support taking the knee, but does anyone feel the gesture is becoming almost lost? It's now a feature in every game and I can feel it just becoming part of the routine rather than a gesture thats meant to hit home with a bigger meaning 

It should have stopped after the first matchday when football returned in June. No idea why they are dragging it out

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

It should have stopped after the first matchday when football returned in June. No idea why they are dragging it out

I disagree on all counts. It isn't being dragged out and those initial fixtures really highlighted issues which may not have been raised. 

I just now feel that it's becoming a gesture for the sake of gestures, with no actual action has been taken?