Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I’d say the top 4 as it stands at the moment could well be the top 4 at the end of the season ..   

As long as places within that top 4 are subject to change.

:brendan:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Does the fact that Sky Sports have G Neville at this game mean that we will have to listen to J Carragher emit high pitched phlegm as a co-commentator later on?

Thought exactly the same. Unfortunately it's either Carra or Smudge for our match. I imagine we'll be subjected to Carra

7 minutes ago, whitlock said:

I have no idea why but randomly looked on Bluemoon to see what they think of Mahrez.

Based on yesterday’s performance alone he is being rippled to shreds and most fans want him gone.

One poster said he thinks Mahrez is part of a betting syndicate due to the amount of miss placed passes and goal kicks he concedes 😂

Kante is probably the only exception to the rule where our high profiles players have left and gone on to continue to do well (bit early for Chilwell).

Grass isn’t always greener! 

When he moved to Man City, I speculated that they may not see the Mahrez that we enjoyed. He's had his moments of course, and he's been part of a successful team, but he's had a supporting role in a club where competition for places is fierce, rather than being the star who's assured of his position. He got what he wanted, but Man City fans won't remember his moments of brilliance like we do. 

30 minutes ago, whitlock said:

I have no idea why but randomly looked on Bluemoon to see what they think of Mahrez.

Based on yesterday’s performance alone he is being rippled to shreds and most fans want him gone.

One poster said he thinks Mahrez is part of a betting syndicate due to the amount of miss placed passes and goal kicks he concedes 😂

Kante is probably the only exception to the rule where our high profiles players have left and gone on to continue to do well (bit early for Chilwell).

Grass isn’t always greener! 

He gets quite a bit of stick all the time from a few Man City fans, I think he's actually known as FFS Mahrez, just FFS for short 🤣

But, just to put this into some perspective, we've gone from Dean Hammond to Youri Tielemans in our midfield in 5 years, yet we had some fans moaning about how bad Youri looked last season....... no doubt about it Mahrez is a class player, maybe just not as good as some Man City fans expect.

I was actually thinking earlier (I woke up extremely early this morning and whilst scrolling though Facebook came across our "Fearless Foxes" video, a season review of out title win) How good would this current team be now with Mahrez and Kante still around? We'd be serious title contenders with those 2 added to the current set up

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Does the fact that Sky Sports have G Neville at this game mean that we will have to listen to J Carragher emit high pitched phlegm as a co-commentator later on?

But at least we won’t have to listen to Martin bloody Tyler!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

He gets quite a bit of stick all the time from a few Man City fans, I think he's actually known as FFS Mahrez, just FFS for short 🤣

But, just to put this into some perspective, we've gone from Dean Hammond to Youri Tielemans in our midfield in 5 years, yet we had some fans moaning about how bad Youri looked last season....... no doubt about it Mahrez is a class player, maybe just not as good as some Man City fans expect.

I was actually thinking earlier (I woke up extremely early this morning and whilst scrolling though Facebook came across our "Fearless Foxes" video, a season review of out title win) How good would this current team be now with Mahrez and Kante still around? We'd be serious title contenders with those 2 added to the current set up

Kasper

Ricardo Forfana Evans Castange

Kante Tielemens

Maddison

Mahrez        Vardy       Barnes

This team wins the league. We wouldn’t need a back 5 as Kante is better protection which allows us an extra body forward, Mahrez and Maddison supporting Vardy. Mouthwatering. And the sheer pace and quality of Ricardo and Castange and forfana in there too. We’d be close to a treble imo.

32 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Yup it'll be Carra, with Evra and Ljungberg. But wouldn't be shocked to see Souness appear 

33 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

FFS sky sports please stop the Leeds love affair you have with them. 

There’s an awful lot of shit punditry at the moment. 

The Harry Kane love in particularly grinds my gears 

He could do nothing other than take a massive dump in the centre circle all game and some would still award him man of the match and be waxing lyrical about his positioning and perfectly weighted stools 

• Haha 2

Just now, Mike Oxlong said:

He could do nothing other than take a massive dump in the centre circle all game and some would still award him man of the match and be waxing lyrical about his positioning and perfectly weighted stools 

Harry Kane is an exceptional player, but the level of praise is borderline obsessive

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Wait until our game then when all the talk will be about how well Liverpool will be doing to be ahead in the game despite 'all' of their injuries 

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Absolutely pathetic from Alioski. Stupid from Pepe, looks a hell of a lot of worse in slow motion bit he goes down to get him sent off 

1 minute ago, Walkers said:

Dumb from Pepe, equally pathetic from Alioski

Even if alioski just drops to his haunches or turns holding his head and brings it to the refs attention, var would look at it and Pepe would be off 

• Like 1