Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Not as bad as Walton on BT Sport saying 'piera' instead of Pereira. What's worse is Hoddle started off saying it correctly then changed to Piera after he heard Walton say it like that  lol

He's that good they think he's Vatrick Piera I assume

20 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I bloody hate it when a team scores 0 and the manager comes out and says something along the lines of we had enough chances to win the game.

Clearly you didn’t as you didn’t score a goal.

Not necessarily. You can create very good chances without converting them. Brighton should have thrashed Man Utd easily earlier in the season, but didn't take their chances.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Not necessarily. You can create very good chances without converting them. Brighton should have thrashed Man Utd easily earlier in the season, but didn't take their chances.

But if you don’t covert them you don’t win the game. So you didn’t have enough chances to win the game, you needed more chances, because you can’t convert the ones you had.

22 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

But if you don’t covert them you don’t win the game. So you didn’t have enough chances to win the game, you needed more chances, because you can’t convert the ones you had.

"But if you don’t covert them you don’t win the game." Exactly.

"So you didn’t have enough chances to win the game" No. You did - you just weren't clinical enough. You could do nothing but create great chances all game, and still not put them away.

Brighton's problem against Man Utd wasn't that they didn't create enough chances - it was that they wasted the chances they did create. More chances may have helped. Decent finishing would certainly have helped.

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Just cottoned that Spurs come here on the final day. My god I'm behind Liverpool to win the league all of a sudden. Could you imagine them lifting the trophy here?

:revenge:

I remember saying last year I hope we have Europe wrapped up before our final 3 games of the season (Sheff Utd at the time were very good, then Spurs then Utd).

This season is the same. A far more difficult final 3 this season as well - Utd away, Chelsea away and then Spurs.

4 hours ago, Kingleicester said:

Man City going in for grealish? Be a right good signing that, KDB and grealish 

Rub it in United faces again, Grealish of course turned down the chance to join United in the summer in just which shows despite how big United are the appeal these days gone. The way things are going Grealish's value is going up at Villa at the moment not a club desperate for money, so one could be another big one. Would £80million be too much?

52 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Just cottoned that Spurs come here on the final day. My god I'm behind Liverpool to win the league all of a sudden. Could you imagine them lifting the trophy here?

Yeah the Liverpool wa nkfest is getting more and more unbearable but they're one of the biggest clubs in the world so a league win for them would be easier to take that a Spurs side that it basically the 5th beatle of the sky top 6.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

:revenge:

I remember saying last year I hope we have Europe wrapped up before our final 3 games of the season (Sheff Utd at the time were very good, then Spurs then Utd).

This season is the same. A far more difficult final 3 this season as well - Utd away, Chelsea away and then Spurs.

We get a hard final few games every single year I swear.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Mate Liverpool will have won the league with about five or six left.