Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Everton have done their best to absolutely shit the bed but Fulham aren't good enough to capitalise.

We should be slaughtering these next week.

Should be! Something tells me it won't be so straightforward!

6 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Loftus Cheek to start against us next week then? Marvelous!

He destroyed us whilst with Palace a couple years back.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

That is actually a brilliant little piece of analysis there. We all think he's slipped and Murphy/Cahill give a brilliant insight into the poor decisions made by the player that cause it. 

I thought it was obvious, the angle of his run up was awful. Rarely do you see a player score a penalty with that approach. I was expecting him to sky it, although I didn't think he'd slip in the process. For once I agreed with Murphy, I have no idea why player's don't just put their boot through the ball when taking a penalty. You wouldn't see a striker trying to be a fancy dan if the ball came to him in that position from open play so I really don't understand what changes a person's mind set when it's a dead ball. 

38 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Rice is bossing this 

I always see people say he’s overrated but nowhere near for me. He’s tidying everything up. Really impressed me when they beat us earlier in the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Calvert-Lewin really playing well this year, be a shame when he's an impact sub for England 

Which top club will buy him? Thinking it has to be Man City. Manure will try the roma approach for £50 million and get denied.

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Which top club will buy him? Thinking it has to be Man City. Manure will try the roma approach for £50 million and get denied.

Does he particularly suit either style? DCL seems to thrive off deliveries into the box. Man City you'd suggest he'd be better for, but not at the price wanted 

I hope David Moyes starts getting a bit of respect, from his own fans and neutrals.

Even seems to have got a more entertaining style of play going.

Coufal and Soucek are excellent find also!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Just can't see how Sheffield Utd are going to score goals consistently this season.

The lad from Liverpool seemed to be a panic but but going into a top flight season with Sharp/McBurnie/McGoldrick is criminal.

They didn’t score many between them last season (I’d say less than 10 without looking) but what they did do was keep clean sheets.

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I hope David Moyes starts getting a bit of respect, from his own fans and neutrals.

Even seems to have got a more entertaining style of play going.

Coufal and Soucek are excellent find also!

I reckon Soucek would be a good player for us if we didn't have Ndidi in the squad at all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Does he particularly suit either style? DCL seems to thrive off deliveries into the box. Man City you'd suggest he'd be better for, but not at the price wanted 

He is a goal machine this year and they desperately need goals. Style wise i can agree with you on that but i just dont see how any top club wont try and get him. Man city always seems to have cash hence why i mentioned them. Splash the cash and take out competition is the name of the game.

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

The lad from Liverpool seemed to be a panic but but going into a top flight season with Sharp/McBurnie/McGoldrick is criminal.

They didn’t score many between them last season (I’d say less than 10 without looking) but what they did do was keep clean sheets.

The striker thing is massive. You've got to wonder why they didn't just go for one or two from Bournemouth... King and Wilson for example... even Fraser, they'd have bene a more attractive prospect than Newcastle given their season last year. 

The other big issue is the contract fall out with Lundstram which has lead to Wilder's refusal to start him. He's key to everything they do, he's their Soucek in the context of this game.

• Like 1