Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

10 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

If you genuinely nutted someone on the pitch, spreading their nose in a bloody mess, they would set the law on you, Duncan Ferguson style.

What happened there wasn't a head butt.  It was a light brushing and it shouldn't be called a head butt, as it just ain't the same thing.

Tbf, if anyone knows a Glasgow kiss when they see one it should be you...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Haha it was stupid by Pepe because by the letter of the law it's a red. I dont like it and I dont like that Alioski is allowed to fake a reaction to make it look much worse than it was.

It's been verboten for a long time, Do it and get caught and you're sent off. Quite why it causes a discussion about 'degrees of heabutt' is beyond me. It's not like it's a topic that gets raised in between effete headbutts.

Edited by turtmcfly

I actually think on the Pepe incident that going down like you’ve been full on nutted brings the VAR to attention and it DID in fact get him sent off, not the actual action.

its selective when they use it and basically a massive farce. Pepe is stupid but the game is dead in all ways currently. The rules encourage cheating and diving.

Ive heard lots of pundits recently going on about teams being ‘soft’ or ‘not getting into people’s faces’ or ‘they are missing that tough tackling leader’ and they wonder why they don’t make players like Viera Keane Barton Batty Butt Wise etc. The physical players arnt allowed anymore and would be sent off every game and that’s the reason these types arnt there anymore.

The rules reward being a weak pathetic cheating fakers so until the rules change we’ll see this play acting all the time Theres an opportunity too. Obviously they enjoy seeing strictly come dancing mixed into football to not sort it out.

They did it to eradicate dangerous leg breaking tackles, but have gone far too much the other way. There is a good compromise to punishing dangerous tackles, but keeping a physical contact sport and not punishing every single little ‘hang bag’ incident.

If Pepe butted him then why did alioski get up and not have any blood or anything? I’m embarrassed watching it constantly.

7 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Bamford has all the coordination of a giraffe on ice at times 

Bamford is like Nugent. Probably too good for the Championship, out of his depth in the premier league, but will show some flashes of brilliance 

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Can someone explain to me why that's not a penalty? As in, I genuinely don't understand why it's not been looked at.  

I'm not certain on the rule *

* you're not alone. 

If the same scenario occurs for Liverpool it'll be a pen.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

When football was a man's game:

😂😂 brilliant lol. Literally another planet the difference. In my point I mentioned though, that’s obviously nuts and shouldn’t be acceptable, but to go the other way is also pathetic.

I mean the balance is those battles between Utd and Arsenal in the early 2000s, when Viera and Stam squares up at Highbury in 1999/2000 season, 03/04 at Old Trafford Keown Lauren Parlour on Van Nisterooy. Keane and Vieras battles etc. These make the games and atmospheres exciting, real mans games . Today is like a cross between a chess match(players like pieces in positions) and a basketball match(up and down and non contact sport).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Can someone explain to me why that's not a penalty? As in, I genuinely don't understand why it's not been looked at.  

4 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

* you're not alone. 

If the same scenario occurs for Liverpool it'll be a pen.

Deflects up off another part of his body I think is the rule. 

19 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

We had a massive storm and now my satellite dish isn't pointing in the right direction and my internet is out 😭😭😭😭😭

That rare case where a "first world problem" is actually a MAJOR ****ING PROBLEM!!

In your honor ...

Good luck!

Edited by KingsX

10 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Basically one of the changes of the law a couple of years ago was that if you’re falling it can’t be handball if it hits an arm under the body. (* I think)