Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

How come the lanky kid started ahead of the lad you told us was the greatest young striker in the world? 

Take it everyone's realised Porto had your pants down and sold you a duffer? 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Also, how was Olympiacos reject, Poundshop Knockaert Podence keeping Jota out of the team? 

Give him some stick Finners ....   :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Corky said:

Arsenal fans have made it difficult for any new manager, though. Whatever they thought of Wenger, he delivered Champions League football for 20 years and was winning trophies in his last couple of seasons. Emery reached a European final. Arteta won the FA Cup. All three had fans turn on them within six months of their achievement.

Trophy winning managers have their heads called for. Delivering Champions League wasn't enough. Surely then it has to be the league title? Or maybe even latter stages of the Champions League?

Good luck with that. I appreciate that they are well below where they should be but maybe they overrated Arteta based on the Cup semi and final?

I do think the vitriol aimed at Wenger has backfired despite the concerns they had. It is a very difficult place to manage.

there are those on this forum who have want Rodgers out - never under estimate the impact of social media in broadcasting breathlessly incomprehensible ideas and thoughts to other breathlessly incomprehensible people. Pigeon shouters of the world unite!!

I'm actually glad that Adama Traore had that freak purple patch where he pretended to be a footballer for a couple of months, cos it's convinced Wolves to stick with him and actually keep playing him. 

Legit makes Jeff Schlupp look productive. 

Twenty games without a goal contribution lol

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not sure if that Fabio lad is gonna score a goal to get Wolves back in the tie or tell me about the gnarly air he's been getting at the half pipe

Trying to decide if that makes you sound young or old. lol

• Haha 2

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not sure if that Fabio lad is gonna score a goal to get Wolves back in the tie or tell me about the gnarly air he's been getting at the half pipe

There's actually a hint of General Smuts circa 2008 about him. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

How come the lanky kid started ahead of the lad you told us was the greatest young striker in the world? 

He's 18 and not very physically built yet. Not the best game for him. 

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Also, how was Olympiacos reject, Poundshop Knockaert Podence keeping Jota out of the team? 

Because he was playing better than Jota. Jota had very similar goalscoring spurts for us as he has for Liverpool. But in between them he offered very little. I'm well aware he'll get more chances playing for Liverpool though. 

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Not sure why our fans are jumping on this. We would look worse than this without Vards

They look ****ing honking all round the park and it's nice to be cheered up by it given our results against muck like Villa and Fulham.