Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, peach0000 said:

I don't think it was as high or as forceful. In my opinion that one was on the edge but not quite as bad. But why specifically was the Livermore one not? Just want to hear the other side of the argument as I can't see it

I don’t know I wasn’t really watching it 

If he was going to get sent off for fouling the obnoxious Grealish, he at least good have made a good job of it & put him out of the game for a significant length of time.

If I was still playing & opposed someone like Grealish, especially with such a tempting target of his bare shins, I'm afraid he wouldn't have survived long

Is it me, or did the Villa goal look like there might be one of those "upper sleeve" offsides like with Maddison's chalked-off goal earlier?

They didn't show them drawing the lines and quadruple checking it, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

Oh and when did Manchester end up in Lancashire? 

Traditionally before  they split up the counties there was only Yorkshire and Lancashire (think the Cricket Counties).

Manchester was in Lancashire.

• Like 2

Absolute muck from WBA. That's what you've got to look forward to under The Count Of Monte Bisto, 30% possession, one shot the entire game which was a terrible free kick from about 40 yards, and camping on the edge of your own box at 1-0 down when you need to score. 

Edited by The Bear

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Absolute muck from WBA. That's what you've got to look forward to under The Count Of Monte Bisto, 30% possession, one shot the entire game which was a terrible free kick from about 40 yards, and camping on the edge of your own box at 1-0 down when you need to score. 

Where do you stand on WBA as a local rival? Do you want them in the top tier to have that rivalry or would you be happy to see them shit and stay in the lower leagues for a while?

47 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Where do you stand on WBA as a local rival? Do you want them in the top tier to have that rivalry or would you be happy to see them shit and stay in the lower leagues for a while?

I want them back up just like they are - completely ill equipped to survive. And then they go and make a laughable managerial change, all the better!

This way we get to hopefully beat them in both games just to show the gulf between us then watch them go back down with their tail between their legs. 

Knowing us though we'll struggle twice and probably get two draws or worse. There's always one team we struggle against for no good reason, it'd just be typical if it were them. 

Edited by The Bear

2 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

That retired Dermot referee (cannot remember his bloody surname) made a good point on SSN where they should draw lines from the planted feet of the players.

At his point I agree. We're getting too many stupid offsides that no-one wants to see. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’d hate to play Leeds style. It’s great for the neutral because they’re so gung-ho but it’s stupidity on their part. It’s so disorganised and amateurish. 

All I see on social media (and I don’t even have Facebook) is Leeds fans talking absolute sh!te. 

Read one today, saying something along the lines of ‘We don’t need to worry about scoring goals, it’s our defence that is the problem’. Which at face value sounds fair enough. 

But if they pour men forward for 90 mins then of course they’re going to score goals, but they’ll clearly concede plenty too. If they sorted their defence out (by actually doing some defending) then they’d barely score any. 

• Like 1