Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, Tuna said:

Bit of a narrow minded view, diversity of opinion is interesting.

Yes.  Diversity of opinion is interesting.

I am narrow-minded as a football fan.  I support Leicester.  I do not choose to participate in forums of other teams

5 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I seriously have my doubts that you could. 

Your understanding of what is discussed in a Premier League forum. Why would you read the forum & then complain about the content. It is what it says on the tin !

2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Your understanding of what is discussed in a Premier League forum. Why would you read the forum & then complain about the content. It is what it says on the tin !

There is that.

I am somewhat prejudiced by The Bear's interloping into various threads.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, majaco said:

Yes.  Diversity of opinion is interesting.

I am narrow-minded as a football fan.  I support Leicester.  I do not choose to participate in forums of other teams

Don't participate in discussion with him then? Mute his posts and you'll never have the issue.

You'll find most of the posters on this forum welcome Bear and any other club fans who want to have discussions on this forum. At the end of the day we all love the same game and all sad enough to argue about it online. 

If you hellbent of sharing this hatred of anyone non-leicester having an opinion, I'm sure a Mod would love to hear out your detailed views on why he should be banned from a free to view football forum on the internet.

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, majaco said:

There is that.

He has been here for a while and conducts himself very politely. He is a valued member. I myself belong to about 12-15 Premier League forums including Wolves.

Edited by gurru991
Puncuation
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Which is your favourite Forum?

It's always enjoyable going the Spurs forum especially after a city win. I never comment while the game is ongoing but get involved post game. Sheffield, Wolves & Villa are good but for different reasons.

Just now, gurru991 said:

It's always enjoyable going the Spurs forum especially after a city win. I never comment while the game is ongoing but get involved post game. Sheffield, Wolves & Villa are good but for different reasons.

Fair play mate, I can imagine it can be fun and interesting depending on the results.

6 hours ago, The Bear said:

To be honest we have exactly the same points (20) after 14 games as we did last season. 

Considering that we had zero proper break after a marathon 59 game season, we lost Jonny and then Jimenez to injury, we sold Jota and Doherty, and are trying to switch our style a bit by playing 4 at the back as well, I think we're doing ok all things considered. 

The worrying things are does Nuno know what identity he wants the team to have now, and was this season the best time to start fiddling with it given the quick turnaround? We have done a fair bit of chopping and changing personnel and formations this season. Plus we're not getting the best out of players like Neves and Moutinho at the moment. 

Seeing Nuno blow up about Mason is maybe indicative of a deeper frustration at the current world situation. He's very much a family man who he can't see and hasn't seen for a while. Plus he likes to instill that into the players with events and trips outside of training, which he can't do now either. It's possible the players are feeling it too, and not just Wolves players but all the league's players. It's a very tight table and other than maybe the top two or three the league is very inconsistent with results. 

In hindsight maybe next pre-season would have been a better time for us to mess around with our style of play. 

Don't forget you've lost Ryan Bennett too.  That's going to take some getting over.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, majaco said:

There is that.

Ironically I find some of our regular non-LCFC contributors among the better posters on this forum.  Perhaps it's because they don't get too emotional and aggressive every time we lose for obvious reasons and personally I like to hear views from a different perspective.

I just think that Bear needs to do the 'full Henrik' now and get on board the blue bus.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, The Bear said:

To be honest we have exactly the same points (20) after 14 games as we did last season. 

Considering that we had zero proper break after a marathon 59 game season, we lost Jonny and then Jimenez to injury, we sold Jota and Doherty, and are trying to switch our style a bit by playing 4 at the back as well, I think we're doing ok all things considered. 

The worrying things are does Nuno know what identity he wants the team to have now, and was this season the best time to start fiddling with it given the quick turnaround? We have done a fair bit of chopping and changing personnel and formations this season. Plus we're not getting the best out of players like Neves and Moutinho at the moment. 

Seeing Nuno blow up about Mason is maybe indicative of a deeper frustration at the current world situation. He's very much a family man who he can't see and hasn't seen for a while. Plus he likes to instill that into the players with events and trips outside of training, which he can't do now either. It's possible the players are feeling it too, and not just Wolves players but all the league's players. It's a very tight table and other than maybe the top two or three the league is very inconsistent with results. 

In hindsight maybe next pre-season would have been a better time for us to mess around with our style of play. 

We took a long time to change our playing style, however no one can argue it was for the greater good. Just hope the wolves board have spoken to Nuno and this is a plan they will have patience with as it has done us the world of good. I am all for the Leicester's, wolves and Southampton's of the world disrupting the monopoly, long may it continue. :)

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, lcfc81 said:

We took a long time to change our playing style, however no one can argue it was for the greater good. Just hope the wolves board have spoken to Nuno and this is a plan they will have patience with as it has done us the world of good. I am all for the Leicester's, wolves and Southampton's of the world disrupting the monopoly, long may it continue. :)

No problem welcoming other fans onto our forums (as long as it's not to gloat) - but I do draw the line at wishing other teams well, no matter who they are. I take your point that it is OK to see other teams outside the sky 6 doing well, but not THAT well. 

• Like 1