Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

5 hours ago, The Bear said:

Can't believe Nuno came out and criticised a ref for once. He never criticises anyone in interviews! 

Mason wasn't terrible but he wasn't good either. Missed several fouls through out the game and failed to book one or two for obvious stuff. 

Mason is a terrible terrible ref though. He makes so many basic mistakes with his decisions. Probably not one game but an accumulation of every game built up until he popped 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Bear said:

Can't believe Nuno came out and criticised a ref for once. He never criticises anyone in interviews! 

Mason wasn't terrible but he wasn't good either. Missed several fouls through out the game and failed to book one or two for obvious stuff. 

It's going to be one of those situations where it's clearly been building up in him, but he probably picked the wrong game to go off like that because there weren't many clear issues.

This is where people like Jose are so clever, he often criticises a ref after a victory and it gets more attention.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koke said:

I see Nuno Out on my timeline. They have good players who are been stifled by a negative manager. Ruben Neves would be balling here at Leicester.

Nuno has an awful lot of credit in the bank and personally I think he’ll turn it round at some point. Selling that little chap to Liverpool was a big call. Superb player who made Wolves tick

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Bear said:

To be honest we have exactly the same points (20) after 14 games as we did last season. 

Considering that we had zero proper break after a marathon 59 game season, we lost Jonny and then Jimenez to injury, we sold Jota and Doherty, and are trying to switch our style a bit by playing 4 at the back as well, I think we're doing ok all things considered. 

The worrying things are does Nuno know what identity he wants the team to have now, and was this season the best time to start fiddling with it given the quick turnaround? We have done a fair bit of chopping and changing personnel and formations this season. Plus we're not getting the best out of players like Neves and Moutinho at the moment. 

Seeing Nuno blow up about Mason is maybe indicative of a deeper frustration at the current world situation. He's very much a family man who he can't see and hasn't seen for a while. Plus he likes to instill that into the players with events and trips outside of training, which he can't do now either. It's possible the players are feeling it too, and not just Wolves players but all the league's players. It's a very tight table and other than maybe the top two or three the league is very inconsistent with results. 

In hindsight maybe next pre-season would have been a better time for us to mess around with our style of play. 

I appreciate all that. However, last year you had Europa League as an excuse. Plus, as a neutral I just don't understand why Nuno doesn't evolve instead persisting with 343/352 against rubbish teams. I agree it'd been better to fiddle with that pre season rather than mid season.

If we played 3/5 at the back against Burnley there'd be an epic meltdown on here. We played 3/5 at the back against Villa, West Ham etc and the knives were out for Rodgers. 

Sometimes you have to thank a manager for taking you so far and get someone else in to move the team forward. We had that with Puel to Rodgers. Spurs did with getting Poch. Southampton binned Adkins who took them from League One to PL for Poch. 

3 at the back is not a criticism and it's not going to incite the fans as it's all we've ever played under Nuno. It's not surprising he'd go back to that when 4 at the back started to stutter shortly after introducing it. 

It was clearly the wrong way to go against Burnley though. He didn't want to throw Silva in against their physical CBs so went back to what we know as our defence looked more solid playing that in the previous game. But when Silva came on he did fine. I hope Nuno learns from that and sticks to playing him as we need a central striker to pivot off. 

Edited by The Bear

Aside from managers critisising their employees, and then often fining then in doing so, how can the PL/Referee's Association get any feedback on the people that are selected to take charge of top-flight football matches?

They need to be held accountable for the actions of the man in the middle of the pitch, as mistakes can of course costs clubs.

Just now, Foxxed said:

I rarely watch other teams. Legit question. Why have Arsenal gone to shit?

It’s been a slow and painful death, with a variety of factors. Since the move to the Emirates they haven’t really invested in the playing side.

Then when they do rather than a steady build they buy one big money player and expect it to fix the problem. - Pepe for example.

Then giving the role to an inexperienced manager who they expected would get them playing like Peps Man City without the players to play that way.

The added pressure of AFTV and the spot light on each individual player and their mistakes has created a culture where players are scared to have a bad game and some have lost confidence.

In short the club is rotten and needs a massive overhaul from the top of the boardroom to the fans and everyone in between.

I honestly can’t see how they recover anytime soon, especially with players like Ozil sitting at home taking 350,000 a week for nothing.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

To be honest we have exactly the same points (20) after 14 games as we did last season. 

Considering that we had zero proper break after a marathon 59 game season, we lost Jonny and then Jimenez to injury, we sold Jota and Doherty, and are trying to switch our style a bit by playing 4 at the back as well, I think we're doing ok all things considered. 

The worrying things are does Nuno know what identity he wants the team to have now, and was this season the best time to start fiddling with it given the quick turnaround? We have done a fair bit of chopping and changing personnel and formations this season. Plus we're not getting the best out of players like Neves and Moutinho at the moment. 

Seeing Nuno blow up about Mason is maybe indicative of a deeper frustration at the current world situation. He's very much a family man who he can't see and hasn't seen for a while. Plus he likes to instill that into the players with events and trips outside of training, which he can't do now either. It's possible the players are feeling it too, and not just Wolves players but all the league's players. It's a very tight table and other than maybe the top two or three the league is very inconsistent with results. 

In hindsight maybe next pre-season would have been a better time for us to mess around with our style of play. 

This is a Leicester forum.  If I wanted to join a Wolves forum , I could work out how to.  

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s been a slow and painful death, with a variety of factors. Since the move to the Emirates they haven’t really invested in the playing side.

Then when they do rather than a steady build they buy one big money player and expect it to fix the problem. - Pepe for example.

Then giving the role to an inexperienced manager who they expected would get them playing like Peps Man City without the players to play that way.

The added pressure of AFTV and the spot light on each individual player and their mistakes has created a culture where players are scared to have a bad game and some have lost confidence.

In short the club is rotten and needs a massive overhaul from the top of the boardroom to the fans and everyone in between.

I honestly can’t see how they recover anytime soon, especially with players like Ozil sitting at home taking 350,000 a week for nothing.

Shit transfers, shit manager, shit fans. Got it. Thanks.

49 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Because their players are shit?..

Bit concerned they're going to target Rodgers after they inevitably sack Arteta.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

:schmike:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Because their players are shit?..

Bit concerned they're going to target Rodgers after they inevitably sack Arteta.

Can they afford him though? I know they are a traditional big 6 side, with lots of history etc but the malise at Arsenal is going to be one hell of a job to turn around, its a huge risk. If it goes right it could give him a reputation as one of the best, but goes wrong he has a bad reputation and a reputation for walking out on other clubs 

12 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I criticise refs as much as anyone, and Lee Mason is one of the worst but reffing would be a lot easier if players weren't dicks. Managers won't come out and criticise them though will they. 

Well Mason was the VAR Ref that denied us the most blatant penalty for handball ever, against Villa in the 2nd leg of our League Cup Semi Final. In fact there is a suggestion that he was so incompetent he wasn`t even looking at the right replay of the incident.

This was followed up by Mason in our following game at home to Chelsea where he denied us another blatant handball penalty in the last minute of the game!

I`m with Nuno, Mason is an absolutely shite ref, and shouldn`t be anywhere near refereeing at an elite level.!

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Comes to premier league thread and cries about premier league related post. 

Get out of here you weirdo

Hmm.  Why do supporters of other teams participate in this forum.  This is a premier League thread in a Leicester forum

Just now, majaco said:

Hmm.  Why do supporters of other teams participate in this forum.  This is a premier League thread in a Leicester forum

Bit of a narrow minded view, diversity of opinion is interesting.