Jump to content
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

So glad the decision to bring in Allardyce has blown up in West Brom's face

Can I add I think Big Sam is doing a splendid job since coming in.  Their fans must be delighted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mourinho complaining about the fixture pile up due to Covid postponed games whilst refusing to take serious action against Lamela, Reguilon and Lo Celso is hypocrisy at its worst.

Your players have done the wrong thing and put everyone at risk and you had a chance to make a stand which every club would have been forced to follow, but you didn’t. 
So complaining now will get you know where.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Can I add I think Big Sam is doing a splendid job since coming in.  Their fans must be delighted.

Am sure if he gets the boot, he'll get a big pay-off and that he probably wouldn't care about West Brom's struggles under him.

Edited by Wymsey
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Benjamin Mendy breaching covid protocol AGAIN? When does the FA step in and start punishing Man City, it's getting beyond a joke now. They need to control their players. 

Needs a punishment for sure. Not just from the club. It's actually that the new year one was his 2nd breach. The breach in summer is only just reported now. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Needs a punishment for sure. Not just from the club. It's actually that the new year one was his 2nd breach. The breach in summer is only just reported now. 

Walker did it twice over the Summer and still got picked by England. 
 

It’s a good job there aren’t rules like Rugby Union - Man City would have numerous players banned for multiple games 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

So glad the decision to bring in Allardyce has blown up in West Brom's face

 

Allardyce had similar starts with Sunderland and Palace. Started poorly, made a few shrewd January signings, and climbed out of the relegation zone into safety by May. I see him doing it again with WBA. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StanSP said:

An actual referee has done an interview. 

 

Whether you like Oliver or not, I think it's a good insight in to a referee's perspective of the game and what it's like to referee these days, as well as a few decisions he looks back on and also VAR... 

 

 

Really interesting piece actually. Do rate him as an official and gives a nice insight into everything. Especially the players/officials feeling of VAR

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Mourinho complaining about the fixture pile up due to Covid postponed games whilst refusing to take serious action against Lamela, Reguilon and Lo Celso is hypocrisy at its worst.

Your players have done the wrong thing and put everyone at risk and you had a chance to make a stand which every club would have been forced to follow, but you didn’t. 
So complaining now will get you know where.

EPL should have done a quick investigation.

When they found that the outbreak was the cause of the Man City players, the games should not have been rescheduled

Edited by marbles
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Not PL here but struggling to think of a place to put it. 
 

Celtic just fcuked off to Dubai for a mid season break and have come back with a player testing positive. 
 

Similar has happened with the Women’s PL as well. 
 

Absolute madness from these clubs and individuals 

 

AAF2F0A8-29E7-48CF-AF4B-DE424D9D402B.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I did see SSN earlier said he was only there at their invite, and he'd had to show a negative test beforehand.

 

Given that elite players travel from ground to ground every week, this isn't really up there for me. 

Thing is the way the protocol works with the PL - you are supposed to be kept apart from the staff at clubs who are not tested. And that would not have been the case here - he’s mixing with a new set of people. Really not essential that he’s in attendance 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I did see SSN earlier said he was only there at their invite, and he'd had to show a negative test beforehand.

 

Given that elite players travel from ground to ground every week, this isn't really up there for me. 

Yeah absolute non story.

 

gary Neville fawning over Marine “fans” lining the streets welcoming a team bus is actually disgusting in this period of national lockdown.

 

 

similarly the Chorley Twitter feed getting pelters for their players belting out a tune in the changing rooms is just weirdo behaviour 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont want to incite another Bielsa debate, but I heard Allardyce on the radio saying he can't keep WBA up with these current players, he needs signings. Bielsa is doing it comfortably with a mostly average Championship squad. And he's doing it by actually playing football, not park the bus and score from set pieces. This is why he is revered, because he improves players. Obviously he can't polish a turd, he can't turn Bamford into prime Kane. But he can turn Bamford into a decent PL striker, which he has. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Marhez -, sorry its probably the wrong thread. I know it's a cup game, and i know he behaved like a cnut. We made good money off him - but that first assist for Man City today!  That's why I still miss the scrote. Subtle, delicate game-changing  skill of the highest order.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Koke said:

I dont want to incite another Bielsa debate, but I heard Allardyce on the radio saying he can't keep WBA up with these current players, he needs signings. Bielsa is doing it comfortably with a mostly average Championship squad. And he's doing it by actually playing football, not park the bus and score from set pieces. This is why he is revered, because he improves players. Obviously he can't polish a turd, he can't turn Bamford into prime Kane. But he can turn Bamford into a decent PL striker, which he has. 

 

Mergh, Allardyce is right in my opinion. Leeds' summer business was world's better than WBA's and they already had a better squad in the first instance.

 

Leeds signed German and Spanish internationals (as well as Raphina who looks really tidy), whilst West Brom largely made loans permanent from a squad that trundled over the Championship line - their big summer signing outside of that was Karlan Grant.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Yeah absolute non story.

 

gary Neville fawning over Marine “fans” lining the streets welcoming a team bus is actually disgusting in this period of national lockdown.

 

 

similarly the Chorley Twitter feed getting pelters for their players belting out a tune in the changing rooms is just weirdo behaviour 

I despaired at those in the streets at Marine, I dread to think how anyone who works in the NHS feels or this who've lost loved ones. 

Not an isolated incident, I've seen a few over the weekend, although not football related. 

Edited by FoyleFox
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

 

Mergh, Allardyce is right in my opinion. Leeds' summer business was world's better than WBA's and they already had a better squad in the first instance.

 

Leeds signed German and Spanish internationals (as well as Raphina who looks really tidy), whilst West Brom largely made loans permanent from a squad that trundled over the Championship line - their big summer signing outside of that was Karlan Grant.

Yep they're one of the most ill equipped teams I've seen for a while to try and survive. Hiring Allardyce who always needs signings to help turn things around was just the nail in the coffin. Awful appointment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Am sure if he gets the boot, he'll get a big pay-off and that he probably wouldn't care about West Brom's struggles under him.

A Bit like, many a Big company managers...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Koke said:

I dont want to incite another Bielsa debate, but I heard Allardyce on the radio saying he can't keep WBA up with these current players, he needs signings. Bielsa is doing it comfortably with a mostly average Championship squad. And he's doing it by actually playing football, not park the bus and score from set pieces. This is why he is revered, because he improves players. Obviously he can't polish a turd, he can't turn Bamford into prime Kane. But he can turn Bamford into a decent PL striker, which he has. 

Makes you wonder why he took the job. 

 

Calls for a Premier league covid circuit breaker (whatever the Fuch that is) 1 week after taking the job because he's worried about catching it! 

 

Then says he can't keep the side up with the current squad. 

 

The fact there is a global pandemic and that wba are shit really shouldn't be new information to him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Koke said:

I dont want to incite another Bielsa debate, but I heard Allardyce on the radio saying he can't keep WBA up with these current players, he needs signings. Bielsa is doing it comfortably with a mostly average Championship squad. And he's doing it by actually playing football, not park the bus and score from set pieces. This is why he is revered, because he improves players. Obviously he can't polish a turd, he can't turn Bamford into prime Kane. But he can turn Bamford into a decent PL striker, which he has. 

Yep..!!  butt poor ol'man Sam, aint got that decent Base of a squad this time...I Really thought this time, as they got promoted& didn t invest,they would struggle.

I have always liked WBA, a Good honest club, but even with the "Barnes" wind in their sails, they Really werent /Arent a Good enough squad to even chase that 14-16th placings....

I Never in all my years had an opinion on Promoted sides, I Enjoy normally the positive/negative suprises....

 

I actually thought WBA, would do a Sheff.utd & struggle without a Good consistent Low PL-striker..!! Though Sheff.utd Demise is a bigger suprise...(tho' Not now)

I still thought Fulham had & still have a Good chance,and I always rated Leeds, though not so high has some media-romantics..!!

 

Its a Bloody marvelous feeling, that These last 6 years, our Management have taken us up a few levels,and our worries are now playing out in another sphere at present..

I am sure many older fans like myself are asking/thinking how long can this new  historical era last,and how far will it take us..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...