Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 hour ago, Umbungo78 said:

Klopps a winner though..... He does what it takes to deliver, yes he makes excuses but he does what every serial winner does and deflects attention to achieve the overall goal. Its what we lack in my opinion 

I think you're right. Top managers generally are moaning bell ends. Mourinho has done it his whole career, Fergie did it, Wenger did it and now Klopp and Pep do it. To be successful as a manager, you do have to use deflection tactics and basically be a complete and utter bell end. Not sure what Sean Dyche's excuse is though. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Umbungo78 said:

Klopps a winner though..... He does what it takes to deliver, yes he makes excuses but he does what every serial winner does and deflects attention to achieve the overall goal. Its what we lack in my opinion 

It doesn't bother me, it's more if they ever try and pander to them, which they did to an extent by giving them a more generous Christmas fixture list.

17 hours ago, les-tah said:

If you can afford the money to beat the queue then why not. It’s no different to the people who can afford private healthcare and beat the NHS queues for treatment.

Plus if all premier league players were vaccinated it may convince any anti vaxers that infact it’s not really Bill Gates trying to reduce the population.

Sure why not divert vaccines away from front line workers currently risking their lives and mental health keeping our health service running and saving lives so a bunch of privileged over paid men who kick a ball about for a living can get it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoopla10 said:

Sure why not divert vaccines away from front line workers currently risking their lives and mental health keeping our health service running and saving lives so a bunch of privileged over paid men who kick a ball about for a living can get it. 

I think the intention was to do that after all frontline workers and vulnerable had been vaccinated ??

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It doesn't bother me, it's more if they ever try and pander to them, which they did to an extent by giving them a more generous Christmas fixture list.

I love the irony of this that they moaned and moaned in November, got gifted with one of the longest breaks in the league over Xmas time and still fudged up most of their results lol

What annoys me most is Klopp and Pep have begged for 5 subs, but won't use the full allocation of 3 in games since they've moaned. If you don't use the 3, what legs do they have to stand on as an argument to use 5?

• Like 3

Looking like Spurs got calendar issues already. Their game v Villa is about to be called off. Three games behind and still in four competitions. The PL could move some fixtures around to get them playing Fulham this week but would involve moving Fulham v Chelsea as well

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Looking like Spurs got calendar issues already. Their game v Villa is about to be called off. Three games behind and still in four competitions. The PL could move some fixtures around to get them playing Fulham this week but would involve moving Fulham v Chelsea as well

Potentially leaves them with 38 games (if they make the Fa Cup and EL Final) in about 17 weeks. They will really struggle to get any sort of break.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

lol the talksport super computer conveniently has almost the entire big six in the top six except Arsenal, for whom it would be a ridiculous stretch, but they've put them seventh just to make sure. 

Keyboards shattering all over the place in the blue half of Liverpool I imagine. 

Arsenal are only 3 points behind Chelsea.... anything could happen this season!

8 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Couldn’t see a better thread than this - feel free to point out where it should go ..... but Derby losing at Chorley 😂😂😂😂🙏🙏🙏🙏🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Probably the FA Cup thread... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

So glad the decision to bring in Allardyce has blown up in West Brom's face

Can I add I think Big Sam is doing a splendid job since coming in.  Their fans must be delighted.

Mourinho complaining about the fixture pile up due to Covid postponed games whilst refusing to take serious action against Lamela, Reguilon and Lo Celso is hypocrisy at its worst.

Your players have done the wrong thing and put everyone at risk and you had a chance to make a stand which every club would have been forced to follow, but you didn’t. 
So complaining now will get you know where.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Can I add I think Big Sam is doing a splendid job since coming in.  Their fans must be delighted.

Am sure if he gets the boot, he'll get a big pay-off and that he probably wouldn't care about West Brom's struggles under him.

Edited by Wymsey

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Benjamin Mendy breaching covid protocol AGAIN? When does the FA step in and start punishing Man City, it's getting beyond a joke now. They need to control their players. 

Needs a punishment for sure. Not just from the club. It's actually that the new year one was his 2nd breach. The breach in summer is only just reported now. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Needs a punishment for sure. Not just from the club. It's actually that the new year one was his 2nd breach. The breach in summer is only just reported now. 

Walker did it twice over the Summer and still got picked by England. 

It’s a good job there aren’t rules like Rugby Union - Man City would have numerous players banned for multiple games 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox