Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

5 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Absolute BS. Clueless officiating. Both bookable challenges no more than that. How many replays?!

Then surely the officials have got it spot on?

The biggest criticism I have of the referee is not seeing Shaws challenge as a foul in the first place looked so obvious.

Just now, Aus Fox said:

Then surely the officials have got it spot on?

The biggest criticism I have of the referee is not seeing Shaws challenge as a foul in the first place looked so obvious.

Might have got it right but as a group of top division officials it can't be taking 5 minutes to look at that. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Shaw made good contact with the ball then makes contact at ankle level, that just can't be a red card surely? I hate Man United but I couldn't call for Shaw to be sent off for that with a straight face.

Winning the ball is irrelevant nowadays. If you go through with enough force and connect with someones shin/ankle it's a deserved red card as it is reckless and out of control. 

Fernandes should have been off when they played Everton too. Was watching closely as I had him in my FPL team, and when on a booking he could have had about 5 more, was diving, constantly dissenting, pushing Everton defenders about and starting arguments, hacking people down. Was convinced he could have gone several times, but the ref had no interest in punishing him.

EDIT - just been booked. Be interesting to see what he gets up to for the rest of this one now.

Edited by orangecity23

3 minutes ago, Goober said:

Ait Nouri looks quality. Didn't realise he was only 19

Having a decent game tonight. Semedo is letting Digne cross it every time he's up against him though. 

We're playing some weird formation tonight. Kind of a 4-3-3 but with Silva and Neto going wide and Gibbs-White and Dendoncker pushing through the middle. I can't make head nor tail of it but at least we are attacking plenty. 

Edited by The Bear

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Winning the ball is irrelevant nowadays. If you go through with enough force and connect with someones shin/ankle it's a deserved red card as it is reckless and out of control. 

Correct, whether you agree or not that's the way they look at it at present, cannot see it changing either.