Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

15 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

So glad the decision to bring in Allardyce has blown up in West Brom's face

Allardyce had similar starts with Sunderland and Palace. Started poorly, made a few shrewd January signings, and climbed out of the relegation zone into safety by May. I see him doing it again with WBA. 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

An actual referee has done an interview. 

Whether you like Oliver or not, I think it's a good insight in to a referee's perspective of the game and what it's like to referee these days, as well as a few decisions he looks back on and also VAR... 

Really interesting piece actually. Do rate him as an official and gives a nice insight into everything. Especially the players/officials feeling of VAR

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Mourinho complaining about the fixture pile up due to Covid postponed games whilst refusing to take serious action against Lamela, Reguilon and Lo Celso is hypocrisy at its worst.

Your players have done the wrong thing and put everyone at risk and you had a chance to make a stand which every club would have been forced to follow, but you didn’t. 
So complaining now will get you know where.

EPL should have done a quick investigation.

When they found that the outbreak was the cause of the Man City players, the games should not have been rescheduled

Edited by marbles

15 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Not PL here but struggling to think of a place to put it. 

Celtic just fcuked off to Dubai for a mid season break and have come back with a player testing positive. 

Similar has happened with the Women’s PL as well. 

Absolute madness from these clubs and individuals 

AAF2F0A8-29E7-48CF-AF4B-DE424D9D402B.jpeg

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I did see SSN earlier said he was only there at their invite, and he'd had to show a negative test beforehand.

Given that elite players travel from ground to ground every week, this isn't really up there for me. 

Thing is the way the protocol works with the PL - you are supposed to be kept apart from the staff at clubs who are not tested. And that would not have been the case here - he’s mixing with a new set of people. Really not essential that he’s in attendance 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I did see SSN earlier said he was only there at their invite, and he'd had to show a negative test beforehand.

Given that elite players travel from ground to ground every week, this isn't really up there for me. 

Yeah absolute non story.

gary Neville fawning over Marine “fans” lining the streets welcoming a team bus is actually disgusting in this period of national lockdown.

similarly the Chorley Twitter feed getting pelters for their players belting out a tune in the changing rooms is just weirdo behaviour 

• Like 1

I dont want to incite another Bielsa debate, but I heard Allardyce on the radio saying he can't keep WBA up with these current players, he needs signings. Bielsa is doing it comfortably with a mostly average Championship squad. And he's doing it by actually playing football, not park the bus and score from set pieces. This is why he is revered, because he improves players. Obviously he can't polish a turd, he can't turn Bamford into prime Kane. But he can turn Bamford into a decent PL striker, which he has. 

• Haha 1

Marhez -, sorry its probably the wrong thread. I know it's a cup game, and i know he behaved like a cnut. We made good money off him - but that first assist for Man City today!  That's why I still miss the scrote. Subtle, delicate game-changing  skill of the highest order.

24 minutes ago, Koke said:

I dont want to incite another Bielsa debate, but I heard Allardyce on the radio saying he can't keep WBA up with these current players, he needs signings. Bielsa is doing it comfortably with a mostly average Championship squad. And he's doing it by actually playing football, not park the bus and score from set pieces. This is why he is revered, because he improves players. Obviously he can't polish a turd, he can't turn Bamford into prime Kane. But he can turn Bamford into a decent PL striker, which he has. 

Mergh, Allardyce is right in my opinion. Leeds' summer business was world's better than WBA's and they already had a better squad in the first instance.

Leeds signed German and Spanish internationals (as well as Raphina who looks really tidy), whilst West Brom largely made loans permanent from a squad that trundled over the Championship line - their big summer signing outside of that was Karlan Grant.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Yeah absolute non story.

gary Neville fawning over Marine “fans” lining the streets welcoming a team bus is actually disgusting in this period of national lockdown.

similarly the Chorley Twitter feed getting pelters for their players belting out a tune in the changing rooms is just weirdo behaviour 

I despaired at those in the streets at Marine, I dread to think how anyone who works in the NHS feels or this who've lost loved ones. 

Not an isolated incident, I've seen a few over the weekend, although not football related. 

Edited by FoyleFox

47 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Mergh, Allardyce is right in my opinion. Leeds' summer business was world's better than WBA's and they already had a better squad in the first instance.

Leeds signed German and Spanish internationals (as well as Raphina who looks really tidy), whilst West Brom largely made loans permanent from a squad that trundled over the Championship line - their big summer signing outside of that was Karlan Grant.

Yep they're one of the most ill equipped teams I've seen for a while to try and survive. Hiring Allardyce who always needs signings to help turn things around was just the nail in the coffin. Awful appointment. 

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Makes you wonder why he took the job. 

Calls for a Premier league covid circuit breaker (whatever the Fuch that is) 1 week after taking the job because he's worried about catching it! 

Then says he can't keep the side up with the current squad. 

The fact there is a global pandemic and that wba are shit really shouldn't be new information to him. 

12 hours ago, Koke said:

Yep..!!  butt poor ol'man Sam, aint got that decent Base of a squad this time...I Really thought this time, as they got promoted& didn t invest,they would struggle.

I have always liked WBA, a Good honest club, but even with the "Barnes" wind in their sails, they Really werent /Arent a Good enough squad to even chase that 14-16th placings....

I Never in all my years had an opinion on Promoted sides, I Enjoy normally the positive/negative suprises....

I actually thought WBA, would do a Sheff.utd & struggle without a Good consistent Low PL-striker..!! Though Sheff.utd Demise is a bigger suprise...(tho' Not now)

I still thought Fulham had & still have a Good chance,and I always rated Leeds, though not so high has some media-romantics..!!

Its a Bloody marvelous feeling, that These last 6 years, our Management have taken us up a few levels,and our worries are now playing out in another sphere at present..

I am sure many older fans like myself are asking/thinking how long can this new  historical era last,and how far will it take us..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Makes you wonder why he took the job. 

Calls for a Premier league covid circuit breaker (whatever the Fuch that is) 1 week after taking the job because he's worried about catching it! 

Then says he can't keep the side up with the current squad. 

The fact there is a global pandemic and that wba are shit really shouldn't be new information to him. 

Yep..laughable really, Managers like Pep & Klopp,Mourhino complaining with all their rescources,about the Lack of Resources & Bad Planning ,on the other side

Big Sam yapping about what he signed into...Then managers,like Rodgers,D.Smith,Wilder,Parker,just getting on with it & Hasenhuetl Living the dream..

Then some of these managers ,pundits,players  & fans ,Not clicking in with the Covid effect realities...

On 09/01/2021 at 10:58, foxfanazer said:

So glad the decision to bring in Allardyce has blown up in West Brom's face

I want him to fail but don't think he has yet. If he brings in three or four new players & then goes on a win streak he could still get them out of the drop zone.

Edited by gurru991

Premier League want to have Fulham play Spurs where they have had to cancel the Villa game v Spurs. Fulham apparently don’t want it. 

These clubs hey? Fulham ought to suck it up, when one of your players breaks the rules and you get no punishment, then your position struggles slightly. They are bemoaning that they had to play 120 minutes on Saturday, well Spurs had to play on Sunday. 

If the clubs aren’t willing to swap things around this season, it will never get completed 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Premier League want to have Fulham play Spurs where they have had to cancel the Villa game v Spurs. Fulham apparently don’t want it. 

These clubs hey? Fulham ought to suck it up, when one of your players breaks the rules and you get no punishment, then your position struggles slightly. They are bemoaning that they had to play 120 minutes on Saturday, well Spurs had to play on Sunday. 

If the clubs aren’t willing to swap things around this season, it will never get completed 

There's no way a club should be forced to play a league match on 2 days notice. It's absurd to even suggest it. There's no way they'd ask one of the "Big 6" to do it.

4 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I want him to fail but don't think he has yet. If he brings in three or four new players & then goes on a win streak he could still get them out of the drop zone.

I agree. I can see him buying a couple of players. Didn't he buy Schlupp from us when he was at Palace? Then they'll work on long ball tactics and set pieces in order to nick points. He'll ruin the team and make them a bunch of cloggers which many (players and fans) will absolutely hate but he'll get results. I honestly think this is his toughest job. Would have been better to go back down, reassemble and come back stronger and with lessons learnt (like Burnley did) than hire Allardyce.  

Edited by Hoopla10

48 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

There's no way a club should be forced to play a league match on 2 days notice. It's absurd to even suggest it. There's no way they'd ask one of the "Big 6" to do it.

It has happened repeatedly throughout the history of English football where successful teams have to adjust to hastily rearranged fixtures 

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It has happened repeatedly throughout the history of English football where successful teams have to adjust to hastily rearranged fixtures 

I can't think of a single occasion where a club has been expecting a day off but then told they're due to play with 2 days notice.