Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Barnsley ran a competition what involved fans sending in commentary of their own. 

Bet that bloke had to be bloody careful he sent the right file from his hard drive! 

• Haha 4

Could you rule out players being put in a bubble environment for three months like the cricketers if cases continue to rise?

Sounds cold but the financial consequences of the season being stopped, suspended or even cancelled are huge.

16 minutes ago, Corky said:

Could you rule out players being put in a bubble environment for three months like the cricketers if cases continue to rise?

Sounds cold but the financial consequences of the season being stopped, suspended or even cancelled are huge.

I think a version of this will happen at some point. Maybe not as strict as the cricket one was and I doubt it would be for 3 months in one go, but there will have to be something. Maybe 2 days at home after a match and then a test before going into a match bubble. All games have to played on a Saturday or Sunday. Or games played in blocks within a bubble and players have couple days away every now and again. 

16 minutes ago, Corky said:

Thats the only way to solve it. You can bubble players and their families in training grounds/hotels. After all it’s not like they can do stuff anyway so it shouldn’t be a problem.

In regards to the vaccine debate. The govt very early on said they would block any wealthy individuals from buying vaccines privately to jump the queue so that seems like a no go.

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

It's not a lack of money, it's a lack of vaccine and the people to apply it. A donation to the NHS will make no difference. Can you imagine if your 80 year old granny was dying of covid while millionaires in their 20s were getting the jab? 

Which is why Sean Dyche was absolutely clear that he wasn't suggesting that.  What he said was that after all the vulnerable had been vaccinated, it might make sense to put such as footballers top of the non-vulnerable list so that the money spent on testing them could be put back into the NHS.

Unfortunately he said it in two sentences, so the people whose attention span is limited to 140 letters were unable to hear all of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Which is why Sean Dyche was absolutely clear that he wasn't suggesting that.  What he said was that after all the vulnerable had been vaccinated, it might make sense to put such as footballers top of the non-vulnerable list so that the money spent on testing them could be put back into the NHS.

Unfortunately he said it in two sentences, so the people whose attention span is limited to 140 letters were unable to hear all of it.

Can you imagine the knobhead footballers like Grealish getting the vaccine?

They'd run riot

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

I didn't mention Sean Dyche, I didn't even hear what he said. I was commenting on what Fox92 said, so wind your neck in.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Corky said:

I think the only reason they did that in cricket is because they’re so used to spending months away from their family. 

Like I mentioned earlier, we seem to have occasions like with Perez where they’re literally moving friends and extended family into their houses just to be around people. 

Whole different animal in football 

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

I think the only reason they did that in cricket is because they’re so used to spending months away from their family. 

Like I mentioned earlier, we seem to have occasions like with Perez where they’re literally moving friends and extended family into their houses just to be around people. 

Whole different animal in football 

Maybe not a complete bubble, as @RowlattsFox said have a couple of days at home straight after a match but other than that, all together in the squad.

Something is going to have to give.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

I didn't mention Sean Dyche, I didn't even hear what he said. I was commenting on what Fox92 said, so wind your neck in.

I listened but I can’t remember exactly what he said, something about killing everyone’s grandma.

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I listened but I can’t remember exactly what he said, something about killing everyone’s grandma.

That's just the sort of thing he would say.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

I wonder how much of this, and in the lower leagues, is being caused by players moving their family/friends into their big houses?

I have to say I felt a bit uneasy watching Ayoze takeover 433 instagram yesterday and end with "and here I am back home with my brother and my friend in my gym"

Fair enough if they've lived with him ever since moving here, but otherwise just feels a bit of a grey area which might well be happening throughout the leagues.

His brother does live with him when in England

6 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

So let me get this straight, Klopp who was moaning about fixture congestion and lack of subs, is playing some of his best players in what is essentially an Under 23s game?

Not often I am rooting for villa

Come on villa!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Klopp can get fcuked if he does his sub or fixture congestion thing again - he’s played a near full strength midfield and strike force against a bunch of kids. I counted about four or five players Liverpool could play instead who are fit tonight 

And its no excuse that he didn't know villa would play the kids, its been in the news all week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Umbungo78 said:

Klopps a winner though..... He does what it takes to deliver, yes he makes excuses but he does what every serial winner does and deflects attention to achieve the overall goal. Its what we lack in my opinion 

Perhaps. But he also has a bench of players that cost about as much as out starting 11, which surely helps