urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Nuno living on borrowed time. 

They're 8 points above the relegation zone so they will be OK in that regard. But what a demise from the tough Wolves side from last year and year before.

17 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

on Fulham's showing the other day it wouldn't surprise me if they get something against Chelsea 

Fulham are decent, just need a clinical striker. Hopefully they will stay up. I like Parker.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Nuno should be walking after that, that's a disgraceful result. Wolves bang in trouble.

He looked like he's given up in the dugout, just sat there looking fed up.

4 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Wolves are pretty much nothing without Jimenez, quite surprised with how many goals they are starting to concede though.

Since they changed to a back four a few months ago after years in a five they've conceded alot more. It's like us when we keep going to a five, it doesn't suit them with the players they've got yet managers persist with it.

• Like 1
Just now, Corky said:

He looked like he's given up in the dugout, just sat there looking fed up.

Yeah I think its ran its course. Wolves need a lift somehow, could quite easily see them struggling to reach 40 points at this rate.

7 minutes ago, Koke said:

Great day for West Brom though. Fair play.

Pretty much why I wanted WBA to win, even though I can't stand Big Sam and his appointment. Wolves have been full of themselves ever since their promotion.

Just a shame there are no fans in for these sort of derbies.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

That’s what happens when you rely too much on one striker. Yes, we rely on Jamie Vardy, but we play a positive style of football to try to get others involved in creating and scoring chances, Wolves have been coached into just getting it to the big man to do it all and now he ain’t there the wheels have come off. 

16 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Wolves are pretty much nothing without Jimenez, quite surprised with how many goals they are starting to concede though.

As I’ve said before we’re exactly the same without Vardy. We’d soon drop down the table without him. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

As I’ve said before we’re exactly the same without Vardy. We’d soon drop down the table without him. 

We have a better team than Wolves. We would slide a bit down the table without Vardy but not down to 14th. Maybe midtable-ish. But then again we would also suffer without Tielemans or Barnes. 

Wolves in my opinion had a very bad summer window, losing Jota and also Doherty, who was very effective in their wingback system, and then buying an 18 year old who yes has talent, but with the intensity and physicality of the PL, looks like a competition winner

Don’t forget Wolves have also lost Jota,

They’re a shadow of their former selves currently with Traore being very hit and miss, Neves having a poor season and their defence looking frail. 

Using the Jota money to sign an unproven 18 year old seemed odd at the time now it appears to be a massive error 

1 minute ago, Koke said:

We have a better team than Wolves. We would slide a bit down the table without Vardy but not down to 14th. Maybe midtable-ish. But then again we would also suffer without Tielemans or Barnes. 

I disagree. I think we would. Look who atm we have as other options up front. Nacho is clearly not up to it and Perez is not a forward. He is better suited playing off a forward thru the middle. 

• Like 1

We scored 4 last week without Vardy and created enough chances to have had 6 or 7.

Perhaps not a fair comparison given the opposition but you could argue that Stoke are not that much worse than a group of bottom end PL clubs. 

4-nil, to the one man team.